lions to trade down?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 2, 2004
LOL. They want to get some O-Lineman, and number two is too early to draft offensive line as the raiders proved with Robert Gallery.. They want to trade the pick to some team like the Pats who have two first round picks.

I think Johnson would be deadly in Martz's offense, but he's not a priority since we had two 1000 yard recievers last year. With Russell, we don't want to bring in another rookie quarterback who won't do anything because he has no line to protect him. It's not fair. Plus, Kitna did good enough for us last season throwing over 4,000 yards. Peterson, I'll say has the highest likelyhood of being drafted because of the fact that Jones is injury prone, and he may not be in full strength in time for the regular season.

Jones has said recenetly that he thinks he'll be ready for before the preseason, but I'm guessing they'll keep him out until the last game of preseason or so, but if you draft someone like Peterson, how long will his career be when he can't go anywhere because he keeps on getting hit hard over and over again before he hits the line of scrimmage? Plus he's already had a colar bone break, and the Lions had somebody else on the team who broke there collar bone, and then rebroke it the next season, and that left a bad taste in there mouths with Charles Rogers.

The D-Line is solid with Redding, Rogers, Hall and Cody all on it. They could use another end, but it's solid if they can stay healthy. LB is also solid, but they need a MLB. Sims and Bailey are both young and good.

D-Back is going to be a big hole this year with Kennoy Kennedy being the only solid starter they real have. Terrence Holt is known only for being Torry's brother. Bly is probably gone, and Fernando Bryant has only played around six games in the three years he was a Lion, so he'll probably be cut. Leaving us with Stanley Wilson, Jamar Fletcher and Keith Smith as corner backs.. Not a good thing there..

But, the biggest need to me, is the o-line. Backus is good enough to start at LT. And Raiola is a good center, but besides that they need a lot of help. DeMulling, Tucker, Verba, and Woody are all on the team but way out of there prime.

OL and DB are the teams biggest needs.. And that's why they are thinking of trading down, there aren't any premier players available at those positions early in the draft.

And the thing with the Lions drafting WRs is not that they did it all those times, it's that they all sucked except for Roy Williams. Mike Williams is a fat bum who can't get into shape, we should've known he lacked motivation when he quit school like he did, though. Charles Rogers is a pothead and injury prone, and from Michigan State.. Two of those things were known before we drafted him (pothead, Michigan State), plus he had to miss his freshman or sophomore year in college because he couldn't pass his classes, so it shouldn't have been hard to predict that he wouldn't be able to get his head around the system...

Roy Williams was a good pick though. I think we drafted him the same season we drafted Jones and Bailey.. That was a pretty good draft.