Lil Man...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
I noticed whenever i post a non black artist nobody replies...you can get your feelings hurt over this if you want, I just think its funny.
Yeah the siccness is a funny place, Whats even harder is if you aint from San Diego....Go to dubcnn and you will rarely hear a thread on a s.d Artists..Ive heard Lil Man get mentioned in a thread about a year ago or so I believe, but an artists most of the time needs to have a certain amount of threads about em before there is recognition.

Oct 19, 2006
Yeah the siccness is a funny place, Whats even harder is if you aint from San Diego....Go to dubcnn and you will rarely hear a thread on a s.d Artists..Ive heard Lil Man get mentioned in a thread about a year ago or so I believe, but an artists most of the time needs to have a certain amount of threads about em before there is recognition.
What is funny is Lil Man is a SD artist...He is 14 and probably bettter than half the dudes in SD. It's really a race thing...everybody always saying diego uniting, etc etc...but when we asked mitchy slick to get on a track he was talking about 2000 dollars. Then I see a thread with mitchy reaching out to other diego artist for a comp but I wanna say 2000 for a track. Mitchy been in Az and seen us out there and a few other places....anyway this isnt about mitchy or anybody else but maybe you are right...everybody thats not black should be on dubcnn

Oct 19, 2006
i dunno if its to that extant^^^but sometimes people dont wanna listen if they see you a certian race..unless they hear the music first
I see what you are saying...but these dudes got more fans than just their own race...More white people buy rap than anybody. All my homies from South East that are mexican LOVE mitchys shit and his mix tapes...I done many graphics while bumpin his shit, irocc and other sd cats and it actually hypes me up and gets me into a mode where I can produce good shit. I-Rocc is my dude and is a monster on the mic and he knows whats up and fuck with everybody...I wish I could see more people with his state of mind.

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
We have had discussions in the past talking about movements and unifying. On paper its a good thing but it will never work. Im mR Anti -Movement probably because the little i have learned is at the end of the day everyone is out for themselves, and i aint mad artists are responsible for their careers, but not many if any artists is willing to play the back ground while the movement takes place. I would have to agree race plays a certain part in what is going on, but its not exclusive to the siccness. When it comes to these boards entertainment is at the top of the agenda, because you have noticed the threads which get alot of views is the ones with some sort of beef, or drama...I will be the first to admit i have contributed my fair share, and I try to cut down, though some responses make these efforts difficult.
Whether some want to admit it or not..rap is an African American Art. Artists who are not black have always had a challenge in this game, but for good reason...people was scared it would get commercialized and some what ruined..although with the soulja boyz etc it went down that path anyways.

Oct 19, 2006
We have had discussions in the past talking about movements and unifying. On paper its a good thing but it will never work. Im mR Anti -Movement probably because the little i have learned is at the end of the day everyone is out for themselves, and i aint mad artists are responsible for their careers, but not many if any artists is willing to play the back ground while the movement takes place. I would have to agree race plays a certain part in what is going on, but its not exclusive to the siccness. When it comes to these boards entertainment is at the top of the agenda, because you have noticed the threads which get alot of views is the ones with some sort of beef, or drama...I will be the first to admit i have contributed my fair share, and I try to cut down, though some responses make these efforts difficult.
Whether some want to admit it or not..rap is an African American Art. Artists who are not black have always had a challenge in this game, but for good reason...people was scared it would get commercialized and some what ruined..although with the soulja boyz etc it went down that path anyways.
I agree that rap is a African American art but when rap became it was cause of run dmc touring with the beastie boys and that opened a whole new audience. There was years of underground stuff before that...I got to go do something I will continue this from my phone in the car

Dec 5, 2007
I noticed whenever i post a non black artist nobody replies...you can get your feelings hurt over this if you want, I just think its funny.
i posted a thread about my (black) homeboy g-rilla yesterday and nobody has said shit about it and that nigga is ill.. basically, if the artist doesn't already have a fan base out here, not everybody is gonna give a shit...

Oct 19, 2006
The funny part is he has sold more albums than 98% of the rappers in diego and has a big fan base, just not on the blackness...i mean siccness.
If these dudes were smart they would be trying to do a song with him to broaden their fan base and reach a new market. I been on the siccness for 3 years, I told enserio and a few others about this site. I lost my log in to old raskals name so I made this one...I just think diego uniting doesn't mean other races which is a bad thing

Oct 19, 2006
i posted a thread about my (black) homeboy g-rilla yesterday and nobody has said shit about it and that nigga is ill.. basically, if the artist doesn't already have a fan base out here, not everybody is gonna give a shit...
I havent got that far yet today, I normally read at night and post in the morning. I come to the siccness to hear about new music and new people etc etc...I think people come here cause they like to argue haha...Not to say I dont stir any shit up...I just call it like it I see it...I will be checking him out now

Nov 13, 2004
What is funny is Lil Man is a SD artist...He is 14 and probably bettter than half the dudes in SD. It's really a race thing...everybody always saying diego uniting, etc etc...but when we asked mitchy slick to get on a track he was talking about 2000 dollars. Then I see a thread with mitchy reaching out to other diego artist for a comp but I wanna say 2000 for a track. Mitchy been in Az and seen us out there and a few other places....anyway this isnt about mitchy or anybody else but maybe you are right...everybody thats not black should be on dubcnn
I think the whole uniting movement is directed more towards the gangsta's that's out here rappin and not towards the other genre of rappers.

Oct 19, 2006
I think the whole uniting movement is directed more towards the gangsta's that's out here rappin and not towards the other genre of rappers.
So we are in the same streets and arent gangstas? Where you think the drugs come from? This kid is not a backpack rapper and just cause he has a different fan base it makes him different?

Nov 13, 2004
So we are in the same streets and arent gangstas? Where you think the drugs come from? This kid is not a backpack rapper and just cause he has a different fan base it makes him different?
So your sayin Lil man is a gangsta? As far as where the drugs is coming from I think is irrelevant to this topic.

The majority of the music that's coming out the southeast and is really being heard and talked about is coming from blacks.....gangsta's. And along with that comes controversy and we all know controversy sells. I think if your rappin and don't fall under that catogory or genre it's just makes it harder for you to get recognition from the members of this forum.

So does that make him different you ask? Yes.

Im not tryin to sound racist because Im not. I think that's just how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.