LCD vs plasma vs led for gaming

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 4, 2002
i didnt suggest walmart manufactured the tvs they sell at any time. my point was walmart sells lower quality tvs (refer to my s,st,gt,vt post) at a cheaper price, if you wanna settle for a lower quality tv by all means go for it.

i on the other hand, wouldnt buy a tv from them ever again.

i think ive settled on the 60" sharp aquos or the panasonic plasma 65"gt.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I'm sure that walmart does have some lower tier models. However they also have some of the EXACT same models as best buy. I got a 32 in samsung for my bedroom from best buy that they actually had on display at walmart. I would had bought it at walmart but they were out of stock so i went to best buy and got the exact same model for like $100 more because i didn't want to wait.
Why didn't you have Best Buy do a price match?

Oct 9, 2008

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
panasonic plasmas are still the best, CRTs are better than anything, but that tech was abandoned. still got my sony xbr970 and it still holds its own against any new hdtv released today.

May 9, 2002
i didnt suggest walmart manufactured the tvs they sell at any time. my point was walmart sells lower quality tvs (refer to my s,st,gt,vt post) at a cheaper price, if you wanna settle for a lower quality tv by all means go for it.

LOL..nevermind dude. Its obviously going over you head. Enjoy the TV.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Had to go Walmart yesterday to get some toilet paper so I thought I'd check out their TV's and prices. Their TV's cost more than the TV's at Best Buy and Fry's. I compared some of the same models and Best Buy's TV's (of the same model) are priced cheaper, even by the hundreds. I never see Walmart put TV's on sale.

Walmart is good for stuff like soap, detergent, toilet paper, deodorant but not electronics. If you're going to spend on a TV, go to Best Buy and catch one on sale.

Oct 9, 2008
The site to store online is usually cheaper then the advertised price. I also don't know one person who doesn't no somebody that works at a walmart! Use there discount card for an extra 10% off. Works for me everytime!

May 4, 2002
got a temp tv, i dont know what size it is but its bigger then a 32 and smaller then a 47" . picture is nice for gaming and hdtv.

anything is better then a 19" tv.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
i saw some article in the wall street journal a couple of days ago that said Sears stock is plummeting and they might be getting ready to empty all the shit out of their stores.

if so i hope their TV's go on sale. they have top of the line stuff

May 4, 2002
have you ever delt with sears before? they are one of the worst, they talk everyone out of PM's. i bought an AC unit from them and it was a super hassle.

May 4, 2002
picture this, insted of buying what u want. they give u a slip to go to another part of the store to wait 30+ mins to receive what u bought 10 mins before. then they tell u they cant carry X to your car even tho you're parked where they said to park.

sears is a super joke, i returned the ac with missing parts for lulz.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
oh yea, that reminds me, my grandma bought me a watch from sears like 7 years ago. they told her that it would likely have to be adjusted for my wrist which is free with the purchase of the watch, and for me to bring the watch and receipt in tomorrow and they'll do it really fast. so i show up the next day with the watch and receipt and they recognize the watch, they even remembered my grandma and the discussion. then they hand me a slip or whatever to go visit the watch person, i get there and dudes trying to charge me $40 bucks to adjust it. i didnt even get mad i was just shocked, lol then i explained it was for free, and hes like "They lied to you, it doesnt work that way, nothing here is free, you have to pay for this service"

i couldnt believe it. i ended up going to a watch place inside the same mall and just said to the dude "hey man ill give you ten bucks if you adjust the links on this watch so it'll fit" he said "sweet, that'll buy my lunch and it'll take like 3 minutes max, deal"

lol. punk ass sears

May 4, 2002
thats why i dont buy jewelry from box stores. i get the hook up. the $600 watch i have was way below cost. same brand same model and it cost way less then stores.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA

damn that 65" panasonic plasma gt is the top of the top tier of plasmas, lol fuck, i think even the built in speakers are THX certified.

id really suggest looking at it in person first if you buy it tho, cause i know you said you dont like the soap opera effect, and that shit is as soap opera effect as it gets