LCD vs plasma vs led for gaming

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2006
alright guys i been working TVs at bestbuy for a month now and have some insight on whats best for gaming and thats easily LED tv's. naturally LED TVs are brighter and game graphics use that to they're advantage and it makes the picture really pop on games. also as stated already they have a matte finish mostly so no glare will show on you're TV. also the super speedy refresh helps.

Plasma has the best PQ for movies and TV. they're refresh rate is very natural and makes movies and sports look real as shit. only problem with plasmas is they suck for an everyday tv. it only looks good in complete dark and uses a TON of power to use and heats up like crazy.

LCD is just old now. sure it will have a good PQ if calibrated right but the LED literally does everything better and easier since it takes less energy to use.

granted i would prefer Plasma for the more natural picture for movies and shit but LED's are just simply the best TV's for everything overall. get that shit calibrated and lower the refresh rate a little and you can make movies look equally as good as plasmas. that is all.

Nov 7, 2006
i think im going to keep saving and buy a panasonic viera vt30

might as well go all out and buy the best. reviews are saying its near the quality of the kuro, not quite but close

i keep checking out the st30 in the store and just cant stand the bezel, it looks ugly lol. the vt30 looks fuckin slick as fuck. the st30 would bug me too much
I just learned how to demo this tv and used a scene from Sin City and almost shit my pants. it looked AMAZING. only problem is it looks kinda shitty when there's a refelction or lights hitting it. but in the dark i have yet to see a better TV. the new Elites from Sharp suck dick compared to this.

May 4, 2002
so i finally got my tv. i couldn't wait for the Panasonic tvs to go on sale any more.

so i went to costco checked out all their tvs, i ended up coppin a sharp aquos 60" led tv.

so far so good.