Lack of Respect for Underground Rap!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 27, 2014
Bottom line it will take more then just dope sounding music with a nice flow. You need a personality, a message people need to hear or a msg they never heard before or the same message in a way nobody has ever said before. Over all it needs to be original. I don't think it's going to be getting internet fame I think somebody needs to jump out an air plane rapping on a go pro before they hit the ground.... Bam new genre suicide rap lol. Maybe somebody should invest some money and a take a trip to the moon to record there shit - space rap nugga my verses came from the moon bitch top that haha. You know how taggers don't just try to out do the artwork they have to get to spots others won't dare to get down. Maybe that's the future of rap. You have to record a dope ass song on top of an active volcano or in a fucking submarine. It ain't tight unless you recorded that shit in terrible conditions lol

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I get tired of hearing the same of crap about wearing gucci belts and about how much syrup they pour into sprite..and rapping about shit they don't own, i like joe blow he's a decent rapper but i get tired of him rapping about shit he doesn't own, he always says hes wearing like 100k in jewels when he clearly is not

i think the problem is that shit's just not real anymore for the most part
Just curious, I don't know who the rappers in your sig are. What do they rap about?

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
Personally I feel the decline in Bay Area rap happened when all the artist started emulating whats hot on the radio, or whats popping in other regions. Even within the Bay Area, different cities had different sounds. Crafting good/ clever songs have been lost. Personality of the music is lost.

Went from having: E-40, Mac Dre, San Quinn (GLP), The Coup, Souls of Mischief, 3xCrazy....

to what? No new artist comes close to matching the quality, originality and impact those groups have had. Current artist are just following the wake, not creating there own waves.

Last edited:
May 2, 2015
I've been around for a minute and noticed a decline of support for the local Underground Rap Scene. I think that's the #1 reason this board has slowed down to a crawl.

Take a look at the New York Rap scene (East Coast), those guys support their local artists and keep things fresh. We're too busy talking shit and arguing with each other.

Who Cares Now? Once apon a time Bay Area Rap was KNOWN for having THE MOST local support of ANY ganre.. EVEN more than the Seattle grunge rock scene of the 90's..

Sorry had to vent... Drinking! :siccness: :siccness: :siccness: :siccness: :siccness:

Thizz killed the local rap scene.

Apr 11, 2003
Broadbeach, AUSTRALIA
In my opinion - a problem is that the market is so oversaturated with weak sauce that rappers who actually have talent and resources benchmark themselves against the low quality bullshit that is going around now instead of the Golden age of Bay Area rap...and even those who have potential don't put in as much effort as they could. The world is fast though, you have to keep putting out material to stay relevant and hence we get undercooked product as well....artists don't have the luxury to take their time perfecting a product because they run the risk of being forgotten. There are those who do remind me of the classic days of Bay Area. A-wax for sure, Jay Tee, Baby Beesh, E-40 all still put out really high quality music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 3, 2002
When it comes to the bay's underground and the west coast in general, I'd say what Kay slay said about New York rappers failing to "stand their ground" when the south was the biggest thing on the radio,also applies here.

Everyone tried their hand at making "southern influenced" sounding shit, which basically sent the message to the fans nothing on this side was poppinh and maybe that the classic sound, and the albums we all loved didn't mean shit.

This is evidenced in some of our west coast artist saying shit like "I'm taking it back on this album" implying that they had previously strayed from their core sound.

Mar 5, 2014
I will say this for alot of my music I had on youtube before hella shit got deleted most the love I got was from other regions outside tha bay from LA to other states some folks from tha bay but not to many most folks from tha bay dont wanna check out new music and if they do they wanna hear mob shit they dont care about orginality so its hard to faught some of these artist for given the listeners what they want

Mar 5, 2014
most people wait until the artist is popin to check out there music so now most people's answer is just buy their way into the music game by buyin feats from other artist thats the way the fans the blogs the music stores record labels radio's and artist themselves have made the music game

Jan 18, 2006
This rap era is so weak. Theres always good music being put out but its not getting the attention it deserves. Hoes literally ruined rap, all these artists mainly focus on what they want to hear. Anyways its really good to see a thread like this in Bart, also really funny how the trolls and shit starters didnt even post in this thread