Killer Album Cover

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 17, 2003
Somehow, I see something different in the cover. I see a..... lawsuit.

That is, unless Strange already has clearance for this. I know it's not "the same," but it's still "similar." Or, maybe I'm just paranoid. :confused:

Jan 5, 2007
yeea but who the fuck wants soulja boys fan lol thoes kids got bad taste in music
if the fans of soulja boy like his music thats there choice to choose, maybe they think since we like tech we have bad taste, maybe the fans of soulja boy just like to dance so id could clearly see why they would like him as far for dance music, but lyrics no, so the fans just must not be into lyrics really, but to say they have bad taste for there choice of music isnt fair

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
its a great parody of thriller , as for final cover it wasnt what i was expecting for killer , but still it it very "tech" his covers always have some type of direction that make him stand out, but if he was going for pure classic as he said " all killer no filler " on this album , hell thriller was an all killer no filler type album one of m.j's most classic and most known than that can hopefully be said for tech's killer album , so now it has me waiting to see if it is killer

Jan 2, 2004
Somehow, I see something different in the cover. I see a..... lawsuit.

That is, unless Strange already has clearance for this. I know it's not "the same," but it's still "similar." Or, maybe I'm just paranoid. :confused:
Its parody. I don't believe you can be sued for parody.. Plus he doesn't use Michael Jackson's image. I think they are good.

Sep 17, 2003
I agree that he shouldn't be sued. I was just saying that one, for a conversation piece and two, because people in this country are "lawsuit-happy." Strange could always be sued over it, but it wouldn't hold up in court. :cool:

Aug 15, 2006
whoever designed it should have used less soft focus and more grain if they wanted it 2 look more like the thriller cover. looks slightly amateur but that also could have been what they wanted. i think its dope and the idea was wild! i knew that idea was goin down 4 awhile now. couldnt wait 2 see it. good shit.

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
I agree that he shouldn't be sued. I was just saying that one, for a conversation piece and two, because people in this country are "lawsuit-happy." Strange could always be sued over it, but it wouldn't hold up in court. :cool:
I always wonder the same thing about the samples they use.

i suppose underground cats can get away with it not clearing them , but it seems risky

Sep 17, 2003
I do believe they clear their samples.

I agree, Heat. You would probably know better than I would, but I am just thinking back to "Trapped in a Psycho's Body." Tech stated that they tried to get clearance from Donna Summer, but since she wouldn't give the ok, they flipped the chorus backwards. That example might be a bit different; not 100% sure. Either way, I guess they weren't too concerned when they released Vintage Tech. :eyecross:

Nov 7, 2006
whoever designed it should have used less soft focus and more grain if they wanted it 2 look more like the thriller cover. looks slightly amateur but that also could have been what they wanted. i think its dope and the idea was wild! i knew that idea was goin down 4 awhile now. couldnt wait 2 see it. good shit.
if u look at the re-release of thriller's album cover it uses just as much softness as the killer one does. i think that scan that was showed was just a lil rough but if u see the album cover up close then it looks more softer