*** KEVIN LOVE APPRECIATION THREAD ***

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
How else do you explain a player averaging 13 points and 9 rebounds a game making the game?
You mean, besides the fact the AS fan selection is popularity contest, something it has suffered from for the last two decades? It might also have to do with the fact that there is always a real lack of quality C in the league.

Cmon man, dont ask questions to which you already know the answers to.

Sep 4, 2002
Dante cunningham had a double double too... Whats your point?

Lamarcus dropped 36 on an all star.

36 and 4 in a 15 point win> 13 and 11 on 3-7 shooting in a loss

Sep 4, 2002
Lol because he had a double double against Portland that he's the leagues leading rebounder? Ok?

You can't justify putting him in he all star game, that's all there is to it, a guy whose team is constantly Gettin blown out and only putting up 13 wins in the first 50 some odd games does not deserve to be an all star. That's fact.

Nov 24, 2003
Dante cunningham had a double double too... Whats your point?

Lamarcus dropped 36 on an all star.

36 and 4 in a 15 point win> 13 and 11 on 3-7 shooting in a loss

So Lamarcus had a better game vs Love. What is your point?

Gerald Wallace had a better game than Kobe yesterday, is he better than Kobe now?

May 9, 2002
Lol because he had a double double against Portland that he's the leagues leading rebounder? Ok?

You can't justify putting him in he all star game, that's all there is to it, a guy whose team is constantly Gettin blown out and only putting up 13 wins in the first 50 some odd games does not deserve to be an all star. That's fact.
No, its not. That is your OPINION.

Why do you insist that an all-star player has to be on a winning team? At what point was this criteria mutually inclusive to being an all-star/probowler?

Love is one player...he can only so much.

Mar 16, 2005
Dwight howard has actually translated those rebounds into 35 wins, you can't. Justify it
so then should nene be in, you know since they have winning record and he leads team in rebounds?

umm no nene sucks, compared to love. Love would start on Nuggets everygame in a heartbeat. but look what Love has around him. He's not kobe who can win games by himslef.

Sep 4, 2002
Gerald Wallace had a better game than Kobe yesterday, is he better than Kobe now?
That would make sense if they played the same position... and were the 2 basically that they were gonna pick from for the all star game...

Why do you insist that an all-star player has to be on a winning team? At what point was this criteria mutually inclusive to being an all-star/probowler?

well considering the coaches and david stern have NEVER in the history of the NBA all star game put a player with as bad as record as Blake Griffin's clippers, let alone a guy who is on a 12 win team at the time he was selected. in the all star game. so yeah I would say thats fact.

so then should nene be in, you know since they have winning record and he leads team in rebounds?

umm no nene sucks, compared to love. Love would start on Nuggets everygame in a heartbeat. but look what Love has around him. He's not kobe who can win games by himslef.
LOL, I fo real laughed when I read this. When did I say every player who leads his team in rebounds and has a winning record should be in the all star game? never.... Dwight howard is Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then nene thats obvious... lol and just checked he aint even leading the nuggets in rebounding so nice try.

Sep 4, 2002

and even if he was leading his team in rebounds, thats kinda making my point. how are you gonna put duncan in based on his teams best record in NBA but his stats are no where near all star status, but then put kevin love in for the exact opposite?

Feb 13, 2006

All-star reserves are always on winning teams (teams above .500%) other than Blake who is a highlight machine. I can't remember the last reserve who was on a sorry team. Coaches almost never vote in a player on a losing team regardless of his stats. Love would of been an all-star reserve lock if his team wasn't one of the worst teams in the league.

May 9, 2002
All-star reserves are always on winning teams (teams above .500%) other than Blake who is a highlight machine. I can't remember the last reserve who was on a sorry team. Coaches almost never vote in a player on a losing team regardless of his stats. Love would of been an all-star reserve lock if his team wasn't one of the worst teams in the league.
Prove it.

May 9, 2002
and even if he was leading his team in rebounds, thats kinda making my point. how are you gonna put duncan in based on his teams best record in NBA but his stats are no where near all star status, but then put kevin love in for the exact opposite?
Again, how many talented big men are in the NBA? Did you maybe figure that like most pro sports, there are politics involved? Players get to go to games like these all the time based on what they DID in the past.

Again, why are you acting like you dont know these things? I dont even watch the NBA anymore, and i know this. Its something about pro sports that i fuckin HATE. It happens in the NFL and MLB all the time as well.

Nov 24, 2003
well considering the coaches and david stern have NEVER in the history of the NBA all star game put a player with as bad as record as Blake Griffin's clippers, let alone a guy who is on a 12 win team at the time he was selected. in the all star game. so yeah I would say thats fact.

MacRyzle said:

It took me 5 minutes to find that in 2000 Dikembe Mutombo was selected to the All-Star team as reserve, from the Atlanta Hawks, who finished with a 28-54 (.341) record.

Clippers right now are 20-35 (.364)

GTFO you no fun to argue with / weak ass argument having muthafuckas!

Nov 24, 2003
Actually you fucks - EVEN LAST YEAR

-Chris Bosh
-David Lee
-Zach Randolph
-Chris Kaman

Were all selected as reserves from teams that finished sub .500

While David Lee was selected from the Knicks who finished 29-53 (.354)

And

Chris Kaman was selected from the Clippers who finished 29-53 (.353)

GTFO!!

May 9, 2002
It took me 5 minutes to find that in 2000 Dikembe Mutombo was selected to the All-Star team as reserve, from the Atlanta Hawks, who finished with a 28-54 (.341) record.

Clippers right now are 20-35 (.364)

GTFO you no fun to argue with / weak ass argument having muthafuckas!
Actually you fucks - EVEN LAST YEAR

-Chris Bosh
-David Lee
-Zach Randolph
-Chris Kaman

Were all selected as reserves from teams that finished sub .500

While David Lee was selected from the Knicks who finished 29-53 (.354)

And

Chris Kaman was selected from the Clippers who finished 29-53 (.353)

GTFO!!
/thread

Can we all move on now?