Just joined a gym

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 5, 2006
a good program i was on and gave me results was very similar to madcow 5x5, it gave me results but i stopped because i got other stuff going on right now.

http://www.stronglifts.com

they've got an article on everything, the guy who runs the site Mehdi is very knowledgeable, there's a workout there for people of every physical size from skinny to fat. Whether you're trying to lose weight and build muscle, or just lose weight or maybe you're skinny and want to gain lean mass. It's all there. Plus check out the ebook download, its the 5x5 plan on all the workouts you need.

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
agreed

you CAN... but you can't deny you still do have more options in a gym...

not only that... it's more convenient... besides driving there and back...

I dunno... I get free membership, and my gym doesn't get really crowded like 24 hour fitness and shit.... so I guess it's easy for me to say

I always said fuck working out at home... also I would get distracted... I'd be workin out in my garage... then go inside to get some water... get distracted by the TV or some shit... and waste hella time... I go to the gym and just wanna get in and get out... usually in an hour or less... unless I'm doin cardio (besides a 10 min. warm up)
I do agree there is more equipment at a gym verses a home gym and I would rather go to a gym verses working out at home ( the whole getting out of the house thing, and the gym has eye candy ) but the only point that I was trying to make is that most people only need the basic's, squats, deadlifts, presses and rows.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I do agree there is more equipment at a gym verses a home gym and I would rather go to a gym verses working out at home ( the whole getting out of the house thing, and the gym has eye candy ) but the only point that I was trying to make is that most people only need the basic's, squats, deadlifts, presses and rows.
And I agree with that too... you only NEED the basics... but you can get a little more variety in the gym... and I feel you on the eye candy... that is mos def a plus

and lol @ an Eye of the Tiger cd... if you listen to that when you work out you'll yoked in no time... guaranteed

Nov 13, 2004
41 pounds of muscle in 6 months ? what kinda of cycle are you doing ?
I've been on the program for about 8 months now and I put on around 20lbs. It's all about keeping your muscles guessing by constantly switching up your routines. Switch it up every 2-3 weeks.

But the foundation to building mass is your diet. You should be eating 6 times a day (small meals). I learned that if you eat till your full than you won't be able to consume six meals a day, so just eat till your satisfied. Also have a protein shake before you go to sleep and AS SOON as you wake up. Why, because your nutrients stores are low and your body is feeding of your muscle tissue to provide fuel. The longer you go without eating protein after you wake up, the more muscle protein is broken down and converted to glucose, and the more muscle lose.

The program works.

Nov 13, 2004
For about 3 years on and off, but I wasn't serious about it nor did I have the knowledge that I have now. On top off that I never managed to see any noticeable gains.

Ive been weight lifting on a consistent basis for about a year now (5 days a week) and I have been on this program for 8 months and the results are showing and this is coming from comments from other people.

Jan 5, 2006
flax seeds, invest in those as well.

i came across this fruit that is grown in brazil, its called acai. I also have a good recipe for a high protein shake that i took from an NFL player.

Jan 5, 2006
flax seeds, invest in those as well.

i came across this fruit that is grown in brazil, its called acai. I also have a good recipe for a high protein shake that i took from an NFL player.