JAMARCUS RUSSEL IS ALREADY A BUST

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Tony said:
^I hear you... Quinn is looking pretty good. He understands ball placement.
Yeah he's looking good, but it's only preseason play. I'm not even taking that into account. In my opinion Brady Quinn was a more proven QB than Jamarcus Russell in college and he seemed way more "NFL ready" than Russell. As stated before, Russell got a lot of acknowledgement from one single game. Quinn had a nice college career. It seems like he understands the game more and it looks like he has what it takes to be a good pro QB. It's gonna take several years for either QB to show what they have, but when it's all said and done I believe Quinn will be on top.

Jamarcus Russell doesn't seem like the type of guy I'd want on my team as of right now. He doesn't have that "team" attitude and he just seems like he's only gonna care about himself. I understand he wants a good contract and all, but you need to do what it takes to help your team. I know the Niners wouldn't even consider keeping this guy and all his nonsense, but that's how the Niners operate. The raiders obviously handle things differently.

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
Yeah he's looking good, but it's only preseason play. I'm not even taking that into account. In my opinion Brady Quinn was a more proven QB than Jamarcus Russell in college and he seemed way more "NFL ready" than Russell. As stated before, Russell got a lot of acknowledgement from one single game. Quinn had a nice college career. It seems like he understands the game more and it looks like he has what it takes to be a good pro QB. It's gonna take several years for either QB to show what they have, but when it's all said and done I believe Quinn will be on top.

Jamarcus Russell doesn't seem like the type of guy I'd want on my team as of right now. He doesn't have that "team" attitude and he just seems like he's only gonna care about himself. I understand he wants a good contract and all, but you need to do what it takes to help your team. I know the Niners wouldn't even consider keeping this guy and all his nonsense, but that's how the Niners operate. The raiders obviously handle things differently.
ya, i think quinn is underrated n hes gonna come out n surprise a lot of people.
________
BUBBLER PIPE

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Neither side is budging in Russell's negotiations

By Jason Jones - Bee Staff Writer
Published 12:00 am PDT Thursday, September 6, 2007

While Lane Kiffin plays coy with the name of his starting quarterback, the man who would be the quarterback of the future sits, waiting for a contract.

And there's no significant progress to report regarding JaMarcus Russell, the first overall pick of the 2007 NFL draft.

Beginning with a predraft, below-market offer of about $22 million guaranteed -- approximately $9 million less than their liking -- Russell's agents have grown frustrated dealing with the Raiders' negotiating team headed by director of football development Mark Jackson and finance officer Marc Badain.

The Raiders' offer was meant to be a starting point for negotiations, but when the offer was presented to Russell's family by his agents, Ethan Lock and Eric Metz, the family told the Raiders through the agents the deal was unacceptable and that the team should not draft him.

Since before the draft, Lock and Metz have sought a deal that would guarantee Russell approximately $31 million, with the full amount protected against skill and injury -- protection the past 15 first overall selections have received.

Right now, $4 million either way is holding up the deal. Russell's agents believe the structure of the contract makes his guaranteed money closer to $27 million. The Raiders contend only $1 million of the $31 million is not protected, meaning Russell would be guaranteed $30 million if he were injured, cut or out of football.

Russell's agents have asked for $35 million to get the Raiders' offer near $31 million fully guaranteed and protected.

Thus, it's September, and Russell isn't officially a Raider.

"Our people are still negotiating with his agents," Kiffin said. "And they feel progress is being made, but I've come out here and said that before and it's been two months or whatever it's been since the first time I said that.

"We'll see."

Those wondering why Russell's agents would haggle over guaranteed money and that protection need not look further than Byron Leftwich. The Jacksonville Jaguars cut their 2003 first-round draft pick over the weekend and now don't have to pay him the $5.1 million he was due this season.

"You get as much money as you can upfront," Raiders receiver Jerry Porter said. "I'm sure Byron was counting on that (salary)."

Russell has gone longer without being signed than any first overall choice since Bo Jackson did not sign with Tampa Bay in 1986. No other pick in that span went past August without a deal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dec 17, 2002
WWW.SICCNESS.NET
I NOW ITS WAAAAAY TO EARLY... BUT I ALREADY SEE IT. THIS REMINDS ME OF THE PEYTON MANNING, RYAN LEAF DEAL... ONE WAS MENTALLY THEIR AND WAS SERIOUS ABOUT PLAYING FOOTBALL... PEYTON WAS WILLING TO PUT HOURS INTO STUDYING TAPE, LEARNING THE PLAYBOOK AND SO ON... WHILE LEAF WAS ONE LAZY MADAFUCKER MORE INTO THE MONEY... BRADY QUINN SEEMS MORE LIKE MANNING RIGHT NOW... HE PUT THE MONEY THING SOMEWHAT ASIDE AND SIGNED WITH HIS TEAM(KNOWING HE CAN RECOUP THE MONEY LOST IF HE BECOMES A STAR) WHILE RUSSEL IS STILL BEING A BITCH TRYING TO GET MORE MONEY...

SO QUOTE MY WORDS, RUSSEL WILL BECOME A BUST... AND IM A RAIDER FAN
u called it years ago lol

Oct 17, 2007
damn im sorry to say it but you all are right he looks like piece of shyt in those workouts ahaha wow wow i know he sucked in the field but dam he is horrible on the workouts ahaha