ISSUES WITH PHOTOSHOP CS3

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 7, 2002
www.LadyTragik.com
has anyone else had issues with the quality of their images/designs after saving the files and uploading to the internet no matter what the settings?? for instance when im editing in photoshop, the colors are rich in color and bright, once uploaded no matter what file type or setting (png, jpg, gif, etc.. - optimized, standard, progressive...8bit or 16bit ) it looses the brightness and richness in colors. only way i can show this is by taking a screenshot and then the image of how it looks when saved

any help appreciated

thanks

image after saved & uploaded:

screen shot on photoshop cs3:

May 20, 2004
www.rapbay.com
does the same problem hold true for the images in your sig? I use CS3 all the time for design i haven't noticed any issues with uploaded images losing quality but i'll keep an eye out. I know JPEGs are purposefully made to breakdown images slightly... most likely so they use less space. That might be why your raw images in photoshop and the uploaded jpeg images differ. Some websites resize your images automatically too, tho i doubt siccness does

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
The color is faded. I go through the same shit sometimes and it drives me crazy. I find that saving for web fucks my shit up, so alot of the time I try Save As, and select the format (usually .png)I like and at full quality. You do sacrifice file size. Also host sites degrade quality too.

Oct 7, 2002
www.LadyTragik.com
the difference is the color is faded..

and, this has only happened with this photoshop cs3, never on the other versions of photoshop that i already removed..

i always go to save as, not save for web..and i save as .png often but it doesn't change the fade issue..im going crazy trying to figure this out, it affects alot of the photos i upload and show to clients, and yes even my sig is faded - the colors aren't as bright as i see them on photoshop

Jun 25, 2005
Thats hella weird I cant call it.....on a side note tho your laptop is about to die LOL

*edit- I just looked on my shit and yeah tha photoshop psd and jpg file looks alil brighter than when upped on tha web... this never happened with a previous version of photoshop?

emma

Sicc OG
Apr 5, 2006
try going to edit- assign profile, and set it to sRGB (with a bunch of numbers after it)..

see if that helps..

Aug 29, 2006
www.teambrinkz.com
always save to 12 quality, baseline standard

uncheck the color profile shit when your saving it.... that's probably whats doing it, you got ya photoshop setup to run thru a color profile & save manager thing

Apr 15, 2007
www.facebook.com
has anyone else had issues with the quality of their images/designs after saving the files and uploading to the internet no matter what the settings?? for instance when im editing in photoshop, the colors are rich in color and bright, once uploaded no matter what file type or setting (png, jpg, gif, etc.. - optimized, standard, progressive...8bit or 16bit ) it looses the brightness and richness in colors. only way i can show this is by taking a screenshot and then the image of how it looks when saved

any help appreciated

thanks
JPEGs suck. PNG's are WAY better. But I seem to know your problem. I see you're using Photobucket to host your images. Photobucket purposely distorts your images. Unless you pay for the premium account, your images are going to look like that. I noticed that with my images too. Try using Tinypic.com or FileAve.com
They let you keep the original size of your image and doesn't distort them in any way.
Hope this helps.

emma

Sicc OG
Apr 5, 2006
i don't think they ask for your serial number when you call.

but hey i think i found a solution for this anyway.. if you go to view, proof colors, it's gonna show you the way the colors will appear in a browser once you save the jpg. & then you can just adjust the colors in photoshop to look the way you want them to before saving the jpg/png/etc. & then once you save, it looks the same as in photoshop when you put it online.

& if you just turn on "proof colors" whenever you're starting a new file that's gonna be on the web, the colors will automatically look the same way when you're ready to save.