is it true that badboy and puff daddy was hatin on brotha lynch?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 7, 2002
im listenin to this 'on my briefcase' song and while zagg rappin u hear lynch n da baccground sayin 'bad boy hatin', i'm wonderin if he's talkin bout badboy records or what...i alzo remember when dr. dre wanted to have a black market label but ced already had it first and dre got mad..funny thing is that i heard dre wanted to sign lynch but lynch said no...

poet

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
^^^

Dre made an offer to Ced for the lable and all of the artists - and only if he would get Lynch too. Ced said no.

See, this was bacc in 98 before the whole Eminem epidemic. Dre was needin somethin new and fast. He liked what he saw comin out of BMR. The name, and deff showed an interest in Lynch. But Ced acted like a slave trader that didnt wanna give up his prize lil nigger.

Man, this industry - I do have luv for it. But man, there is some shady ish involved. Its like a slave camp. Thats why I wouldnt let my homie get into it. Id rather he keep slangin cookies

AOD

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I've never heard that Dre wanted Lynch but I did hear he wanted the name Blak Market Records for his new company before he chose Aftermath and was offering to buy the name off of Ced. . .

Apr 18, 2003
hey poet, you saying that if you had lynch as an artist, you would sell him? i seriously doubt that. either way its a lose situation for ced cuz if he sold him then we would call him a sellout, an since he didnt we mad cuz lynch would have gotten some raw beats na production. personally i am glad he didnt make the trade cuz then some little girls would have been listing to lynches shit taking away from the raw gangster edge, look at em.

Oct 18, 2003
i remember that poster that was during season i think middle 90's i wanted to take it!

and the story is dre was starting a new lable after leaving deathrow and he wanted the name blackmarket records but found out it was already taken.when he found out lynch was on the lable he wanted him too and tried to buy him out.also master p wanted to sign loki definately and i can be wrong but i think he wanted lynch too at some point?

Aug 7, 2002
@hoop, nah lynch wasn't talkin about wcbb with master p siccmade and nolimit are coo wit each other, but i heard p wanted to sign loki back in 97 too...