Is it Possible to Conceptualize Another Dimension?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 27, 2005
Scientists have said there are upwards of 10 dimensions but we just don't have the senses to perceive them all. I can't even begin to have any idea what a 4 or 5 dimensional object would look like. Does anybody have any insight or ideas? The closest explanation I've come across is this
part 1

part 2

Apr 14, 2003
mmmm yeah I think that video just confused the shit out of me....I find it impossible....maybe because I don't believe in a "big bang".
Only if I could jump from now til 3 weeks from now like nothing.

What's your take on this?

May 19, 2005
i didnt watch the vid yet, but i dont think we are even close to being able to conceptualize another dimension. our mind is limited so much, i mean the greatest ideas and theories still are only a few compared to what can be out there. i think my mind would fuckin blow up up tryin to perceive anything in 4, 5, 6... dimensions, haha. ill tho

Jun 27, 2005
mmmm yeah I think that video just confused the shit out of me....I find it impossible....maybe because I don't believe in a "big bang".
Only if I could jump from now til 3 weeks from now like nothing.

What's your take on this?
I dont see what the big bang has to do with this. This is not an big bang vs the bible thread.

Anyway, I'm not sure I can even think of anything close. I'm sure there are probably other dimensions out there, but trying to think of what it might look like ir damn near giving me a headache.

BEAR

Sicc OG
Dec 15, 2007
I have a book by Michio Kaku called Beyond Einstein. It gives the basic framework to the SuperString theory and introduces the four demensional hypercube.
Here is a visual
Rotating 4D Hypercube
The folds are suspected to be experienced in black holes and wormholes.

It's dense to wrap your head around. Good Post

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
that superstring theory aint no joke,if true we all live surrounded by this membrane that holds our laws of physics and reality throughout the universe but there might other membranes outside of our own and are floating around and sometimes collide and these collisions are what scientist think created the big bang.inside the other membranes are alternate demensions and realities that are completely different from ours,but at this point its still all theory but if true it could explain how we came to exist and be THE answer.

BEAR

Sicc OG
Dec 15, 2007
There is a multiple universe theory. In a nutshell, it says that there is an infinite amount of universes, each created by an implosion of the last. Our universe is believed to have been born from a 10 dimensional universe which reached a point where the gravity overcame the outward force of its explosion. The counter-acting force pulled the edge of the universe in like a slingshot. The nuclear reactions in the dense ball of mass created the big bang. We are believed to have two "sister" universes with 4 dimensions each.
There is radiation known as cosmic microwave background radiation that is almost uniform throughout the universe. It is believed to be remnants from the original explosion. It is also believed that our current universe does not have enough contents to reach critical mass, the mass needed to reverse the expansion of the universe. There are some gray areas, such as dark matter which cannot yet be fully accounted for, but it suggests that our universe will never stop growing.
The rate at which the universe is expanding is increasing, which is yet to be explained.

Great stuff. Interesting as hell.

Jul 3, 2005
, but it suggests that our universe will never stop growing.
can you elaborate on this? sorry if it's a dumb question but like space? mass-wise? i thought the universe was mostly empty space? so what exactly is growing? dumb question i know but i'm a dumb person

Aug 5, 2004
www.myspace.com
There is a multiple universe theory. In a nutshell, it says that there is an infinite amount of universes, each created by an implosion of the last. Our universe is believed to have been born from a 10 dimensional universe which reached a point where the gravity overcame the outward force of its explosion. The counter-acting force pulled the edge of the universe in like a slingshot. The nuclear reactions in the dense ball of mass created the big bang. We are believed to have two "sister" universes with 4 dimensions each.
There is radiation known as cosmic microwave background radiation that is almost uniform throughout the universe. It is believed to be remnants from the original explosion. It is also believed that our current universe does not have enough contents to reach critical mass, the mass needed to reverse the expansion of the universe. There are some gray areas, such as dark matter which cannot yet be fully accounted for, but it suggests that our universe will never stop growing.
The rate at which the universe is expanding is increasing, which is yet to be explained.

Great stuff. Interesting as hell.
Wow God is amazing. Now that's what I'm talking about.

Feb 17, 2005
i have sorta tripped out on this concept before. i was shrooming i think, or maybe just stoned, and i was looking at a chandelier type light thing, and everything went black except for the object i was looking at and i could see it from all angles at the same time. it was fucking weird.

BEAR

Sicc OG
Dec 15, 2007
can you elaborate on this? sorry if it's a dumb question but like space? mass-wise? i thought the universe was mostly empty space? so what exactly is growing? dumb question i know but i'm a dumb person
No such thing as a dumb question.
Studying the electromagnetic spectrum shows us that energy is represented in different ways.

Focusing on observable light, we see a red tint in many objects observed. Through certain measurements, we can determine the red shift along the spectrum. Using mathematical models, this information shows us that celestial bodies are moving away from each other at an increasing rate.
Our universe is thought to have borders which are expanding. Imagine pouring pancake mix in a pan. The near-empty space expands. It is hard to visualize, but space is not a perfect vacuum, not perfectly empty.

The Law of Conservation of Mass says that mass cannot be created nor destroyed. That being said, it is believed that the universe does not contain enough mass to reach the level of gravity necessary to pull the borders back in. In other words, our universe will not retract into another big bang. So imagine pouring an infinate amount of mix on the floor.

All of that to say, objects are moving away from each other, so we think space itself is expanding.

I love this stuff! Amazing isn't it?

May 19, 2005
wow, i watched those videos finally and damn, its gonna be a little bit before i understand that theory and the tenth dimension. i love this stuff though, makes me feel like my mind is expanding. good topic

Jul 3, 2005
Focusing on observable light, we see a red tint in many objects observed. Through certain measurements, we can determine the red shift along the spectrum. Using mathematical models, this information shows us that celestial bodies are moving away from each other at an increasing rate.
Our universe is thought to have borders which are expanding. Imagine pouring pancake mix in a pan. The near-empty space expands. It is hard to visualize, but space is not a perfect vacuum, not perfectly empty.

All of that to say, objects are moving away from each other, so we think space itself is expanding.
so when you say celestial bodies are you referring to galaxies? if so then can it be possible that only the celestial bodies are moving around/in the universe and not that the universe is expanding? and when you say the universe is thought to have borders in others words it's a hypothesis or has it been proven that there are borders? if so then what is the universe expanding into? and if our universe is expanding then we can assume that parallel universes (if they exist) are expanding also right? then would our universe eventually merge with pararllel ones?

The Law of Conservation of Mass says that mass cannot be created nor destroyed. That being said, it is believed that the universe does not contain enough mass to reach the level of gravity necessary to pull the borders back in. In other words, our universe will not retract into another big bang. So imagine pouring an infinate amount of mix on the floor.
haha i forgot about the whole mass can't be created or destroyed but what i find interesting is conciousness and what not and how the brain can send us to different realities and stuff like that and can make it seem so freaking real like dreams, certain drugs, meditation all that jazz...well since mass is recycled what happens to conciousness? or is conciousness and all that just a side-effect/anomaly of the universe/life?