Is Frank Gore a Hall of Famer?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
That would be like me saying Donald Driver is a hall of famer.
not even close... Frank has played on bad teams on the west coast, the other side of the country is just now noticing him, aside from people who followed him at the U... over 1000 yards in 6 of 8 years and the only 2 were his rookie year when he barely played and 2 years ago when he missed 5 games and still had over 800 yards...

Last edited:

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
not even close... Frank has played on bad teams on the west coast, the other side of the country is just now noticing him, aside from people who followed him at the U... over 1000 yards in 6 of 8 years and the only 2 were his rookie year when he barely played and 2 years ago when he missed 5 games and still had over 800 yards...
Donald Driver had 1000 yds in 6 of 8 seasons too. Oooooo 60 yds per game. Do you get extra hall of fame acceptance for being on a bad team or sumthin? Ahman Green prolly has similiar numbers.

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
Donald Driver had 1000 yds in 6 of 8 seasons too. Oooooo 60 yds per game. Do you get extra hall of fame acceptance for being on a bad team or sumthin? Ahman Green prolly has similiar numbers.
ok, the difference is driver has played 14 seasons and went over 1000 in 7 of them. Frank has played 8 and went over 1000 in 6 minus his rookie year when he only got 100 or so carries and 2 years ago when he played in 11 games and had over 800 yards... pretty big difference... if frank plays 6 more years and does shitty, then talk to me...

Last edited:

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
ok, the difference is driver has played 14 seasons and went over 1000 in 7 of them. Frank has played 8 and went over 1000 in 6 minus his rookie year when he only got 100 or so carries and 2 years ago when he played in 11 games and had over 800 yards... pretty big difference... if frank plays 6 more years and does shitty, then talk to me...
Hall of fame tho? He's solid no doubt about that but he's never the best RB in the league or anything. He's just a good player. Talk to me when he gets in the hall of fame.

Props: Jaysav
Jun 6, 2008
San Jose, Ca
60 yards a game on about 15 carries is what Gore has ended up with many times believe me I never liked it being a huge stat guy!
There is a reason Gore ends up with like 1,000 to 1,200 yards he'll put together a string of 5,6 100 yard games he's always in the upper top in yards, and total yards a few times he has been injured too wich has set his season back. It doesn't help the 49ers have had losing seasons in most of his career, teams would stack the box against gore always.
Today Gore is still running hard that's the argument today, I didn't say he was going into the hall after the season I said he's on his way for sure I don't see him slowing down and expect a big game from him feb. 3rd and many after.
As far as D. Driver he's always had a great QB who's helped his career, gore finally has some help.

Dec 12, 2006
I gotta get to work so I dont have the time Id like here but i think its safe to say Frank plays at least two more years, he will have similar rushing yards to Marshall Faulk, he may not have the receiving stats, but 12,000+ rushing will put him in the top ten of career rushers and thats good enough for me, punch the ticket Franky is goin to Canton

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
Ricky Williams is not a HOF'er. Neither is Gore.
Exactly. And Ricky was a lot better to me. LT is definitely a hall of famer. Easily in the top 10 backs of all time to me. Frank Gore isn't in the top 20 I wouldn't think.

There have been a bunch of backs since the 80's that were the leading rusher for the 49ers it feels like, but didn't Hearst break Roger Craigs record for most yards as a 49er. Craig wasn't great. Hearst was good but didn't play for the Niners that long even. That shows you how reachable that team record was for the Niners

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
Is Gore a HOF today?? No. But give him a Super Bowl title this year and maybe again next year and give him at least 3 more 1000 yd seasons and the answer will be a first ballot YES. At that point the number cant lie. He still has work to do. He will go down as a 49er great if he retires after the super bowl. But asking the question today is a fair question. Just my thoughts.

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
Exactly. And Ricky was a lot better to me. LT is definitely a hall of famer. Easily in the top 10 backs of all time to me. Frank Gore isn't in the top 20 I wouldn't think.

There have been a bunch of backs since the 80's that were the leading rusher for the 49ers it feels like, but didn't Hearst break Roger Craigs record for most yards as a 49er. Craig wasn't great. Hearst was good but didn't play for the Niners that long even. That shows you how reachable that team record was for the Niners
Joe "the jet" Perry was the Niners leading rusher until Gore broke his record...