Is Albert Pujols Worth $30 million per year, for 10 years?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

IS PUJOLS WORTH A $300 MILLION CONTRACT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 12, 2010
IS THAT REALLY A QUESTION??? LETS JUST SAY HE IS WHAT BRINGS THOSE FANS TO THE YARD. HE TRULY IS A MAN PLAYING AGAINST BOYS WHEN HE IS HEALTHY AND IF THEY COULD GET SOME ONE THAT COULD BACK HIM UP SO THEY COULDNT PITCH AROUND HIM HE WOULD BE TROUBLE. IF STINKING A-ROD GOT PAID AS MUCH AS HE GOT PAID THEN PUJOLS IS WORTH EVERY PENNY ESPECIALLY IF YOU WANT TO LOCK HIM TO YOUR CLUB FOR HIS ENTIRE CAREER. IF THEY GET HIM SIGNED BY THE END OF THE WEEK KISS HIM GOOD BYE

Feb 8, 2006
if it's not your money who cares
obviously the system is faulty just look at zito's contract
owners have bad advisers or are willing to overpay so they don't lose the player

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
The years are irrelevant cuz puljols will retire when he's washed up. I don't see that guy sitting on the bench just to get a check for 4 years. And yes he's worth it. And they already got Matt holiday to hit behind him a few years ago.

Oct 2, 2006
I would say that looking at the amount of revenue generated by him as far as ticket sales and memorabilia goes would determine his worth... I actually bet they could afford to pay him more if they wanted to but 300 million still lets the team get a big enough return that its worth it to them.

Jul 1, 2004
Without Albert the Cards will struggle. I think he wants to be a Cardinal for the rest of his career, but we'll see. I wouldnt mind givin him 5-7 years for 30 mil a year. If he's still in good shape after that contract, work out another deal. 10 year contracts are ridiculous because you never know what'll happen in a decade.