IPad is the shit

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
laptops do all that and MORE... and they have big screens too! not to mention you can get one for about half the price, lol
and not to mention that laptops are 3x heavier, have half the battery time, and are a total inconvenience when you factor in the time it takes to load up...

and as far as the price goes... it's a new product. the cheapest iphone used to cost around $600 ($100 more expensive than the cheapest ipad), and now it's only $99...

sorry folks, but it's only useless to you because it obviously it wasn't intended for you, so you might as well be working as a bank teller in phoenix arizona trying to tell people on a message forum that a snow plow is useless. i don't know what you folks do in your productive time, but i'm the early stages of being a businessman, and this thing is PERFECT for me. and that's why, as we speak, i am currently on the reservations list for a 32GB iPad 3G.

::

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
and not to mention that laptops are 3x heavier, have half the battery time, and are a total inconvenience when you factor in the time it takes to load up...

and as far as the price goes... it's a new product. the cheapest iphone used to cost around $600 ($100 more expensive than the cheapest ipad), and now it's only $99...

sorry folks, but it's only useless to you because it obviously it wasn't intended for you, so you might as well be working as a bank teller in phoenix arizona trying to tell people on a message forum that a snow plow is useless. i don't know what you folks do in your productive time, but i'm the early stages of being a businessman, and this thing is PERFECT for me. and that's why, as we speak, i am currently on the reservations list for a 32GB iPad 3G.

an ipad is perfect for being a "business man"

I'd rather use a computer that can run programs like MS Word, Excel, Power Point, PASW Statistics, Quickbooks... you know things that can be used to help your business... *shrug*

but please explain how this helps you be a "business man" more than a regular laptop... because it's lighter and has a longer battery life...:confused:

Dec 4, 2004
I grabbed an IPad....and basically what people say that it's a big IPod touch is true...but that's actually a good thing.

This is how a touchscreen device is intended to be...I got alot of friends who have art programs and other things, and the small size of their phone limits you to what you can do.. if your an artist you got a big screen in the IPad to work on digital paintings, or run music programs... the apps on iPad are extended and look damn nicer, and have more features...when you go back to your iPhone or other touchscreen phone after using IPad, it just makes the phone seem cramped and dated

it's better than a netbook because there are so many apps out there you can pick up, for 20 bucks at the maximum... most music/art/creativity programs wont even run smooth on a netbook. and you dont have to worry about viruses, the machine slowing down cause of a slow processor/limited ram, or any of that. it's a fast little machine.. there are alot of other tablets coming but the IPad has the advantage because of all the apps it has...the only other one worth buying would an Android tablet...

there are folks out there who just want a simple machine for email, internet, video etc... and dont wanna have to worry about some weird program popping up at start up, or a strange virus or spyware

you can hook up a bluetooth keyboard too it, i mean it aint intended to be a computer replacement, thats why it has no usb ports or cd burner, or whatever the else yall think it should have. imma just bring this with me and slide it in my luggage instead of packing my laptop, the power brick, and external hard drive when i travel

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
yeah... it's much easier to carry around, is the perfect size (not too big or small) to give one on one presentations, has a 3G connection so i can handle transactions / registrations on the spot

and i don't need any of those pieces of software you mentioned within arms reach at all times... that's why i got an actual computer at home... *shrugs*

Dec 4, 2004
Its supposed to be 10 hours, I havent tested it myself but to give you an idea, I watched a movie on Netflix, after it was done (hour and a half) the battery was at 90%

an ipad is perfect for being a "business man"

I'd rather use a computer that can run programs like MS Word, Excel, Power Point, PASW Statistics, Quickbooks... you know things that can be used to help your business... *shrug*

but please explain how this helps you be a "business man" more than a regular laptop... because it's lighter and has a longer battery life...:confused:
you can get Pages, Numbers, and Keynote...for 10 bucks each, those are Apple versions of Word, Excel and Powerpoint...and they are compatible with those programs if you wanna edit them on Office, (not so sure about powerpoint)... I'm not sure if this is the perfect device for a business man but there are alot of productivity apps you can buy, and like I said its not intended to replace a full blown computer, just be an on the go device...

like dude said, its not for everybody. I know people who think smartphones are useless, they just need a phone that makes and receives calls....everybody got a different lifestyle. go try one out and see if you like it

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
yeah... it's much easier to carry around, is the perfect size (not too big or small) to give one on one presentations, has a 3G connection so i can handle transactions / registrations on the spot

and i don't need any of those pieces of software you mentioned within arms reach at all times... that's why i got an actual computer at home... *shrugs*

ok, well one of the pieces of software I mentioned is power point... and you mentioned giving presentations on your ipad... is there an app you can use as good as power point that you can make presentations with?

maybe there is... I'm honestly asking... because I don't know

I'm not saying ipads aren't cool... I just think for the price, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense... but I guess that's just my opinion... so whatever...

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Its supposed to be 10 hours, I havent tested it myself but to give you an idea, I watched a movie on Netflix, after it was done (hour and a half) the battery was at 90%

you can get Pages, Numbers, and Keynote...for 10 bucks each, those are Apple versions of Word, Excel and Powerpoint...and they are compatible with those programs if you wanna edit them on Office, (not so sure about powerpoint)... I'm not sure if this is the perfect device for a business man but there are alot of productivity apps you can buy, and like I said its not intended to replace a full blown computer, just be an on the go device...

like dude said, its not for everybody. I know people who think smartphones are useless, they just need a phone that makes and receives calls....everybody got a different lifestyle. go try one out and see if you like it
ok, well that's cool... I didn't know you could run those types of programs on them

I will say as far as business goes it's more convenient to MS products... because PCs are used more regularly... so if someone is gonna send me an Excel spreadsheet I'd be better off with my laptop on me, so I could open it... rather than my ipad and not be able to

shit... I could even open an excel spreadsheet, word document, or power point on my fuckin blackberry

but like you said... everybody got different lifestyles... all I know is I'm not rushing out to the store to buy one... that's all

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
ok, well one of the pieces of software I mentioned is power point... and you mentioned giving presentations on your ipad... is there an app you can use as good as power point that you can make presentations with?

maybe there is... I'm honestly asking... because I don't know

I'm not saying ipads aren't cool... I just think for the price, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense... but I guess that's just my opinion... so whatever...
there's keynote... but at the same time, i don't need to build my own presentations on the go like that. plus the presentation i currently have right now is in powerpoint format, and all i need is a program called goodreader ($1.99 @ the app store) to present it.

and yeah it is expensive, but the price will go down. i'm just getting one now at it's ridiculous price because it would be real handy in getting my business off the ground as well as some other personal things... i understand how you feel about having a laptop, but i need something convenient i can carry with me at all times...

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
^I've been an apple computer user for almost 2 decades and I've never had the blue screen of death except on a windows pc at work.