Infamous VS Prototype

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
When I saw a helicopter do a complete turn around in one second I was cool on this game. I know it isn't "realistic" but some real world physics and animations go a long way.
The helicopter turning the wrong way got to you but the fact dude tosses a semi truck like nothin dosnt bother u? lol but yeah their isnt really anything realistic about this game, so if that kinda thing turns u off then u should stay away 4sure

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
The helicopter turning the wrong way got to you but the fact dude tosses a semi truck like nothin dosnt bother u? lol but yeah their isnt really anything realistic about this game, so if that kinda thing turns u off then u should stay away 4sure
No, the fact he tosses the semi truck like it's nothing doesn't bother me as it is part of his POWERS. His powers are not supposed to be realistic. However, the powers and movements of certain in game characters, properties, etc should be realistic. Do you understand what I'm saying now or do I need to explain it further?

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
No, the fact he tosses the semi truck like it's nothing doesn't bother me as it is part of his POWERS. His powers are not supposed to be realistic. However, the powers and movements of certain in game characters, properties, etc should be realistic. Do you understand what I'm saying now or do I need to explain it further?
No I understand, but i think if how the helicopter turns is gonna bother you the fact that you can throw vehicles like homeing missles would too.. But i guess since its dudes "powers" it's ok.. How do you know the helicopter driver dosn't have some kind of "powers"? You know you can hijack a helicopter and it makes the same weird ass turns when you're driveing it too, but i guess that's coo cuz hijacking and driveing a helicopter is all part of you're "powers".

All i'am sayin if you're into more realistic games and if a helicopter moveing slightly the wrong way is gonna bother you then this game isn't for you.. Do you understand? Should i elaborate a bit more?

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
cosign

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
No I understand, but i think if how the helicopter turns is gonna bother you the fact that you can throw vehicles like homeing missles would too.. But i guess since its dudes "powers" it's ok..
Yes, since those are his powers and there is no way you can realistically show those types of physics it's perfectly fine.

How do you know the helicopter driver dosn't have some kind of "powers"?
Because the story makes no mention of the soldiers having special powers and the helicopter in the vid had visual problems right before it did the complete turn around. Bad programming, nothing more.

You know you can hijack a helicopter and it makes the same weird ass turns when you're driveing it too, but i guess that's coo cuz hijacking and driveing a helicopter is all part of you're "powers".
I'm watching gameplay vid after vid, and even watched my folks play it last night. I've yet to see someone do a complete turn around, on the fly, like the gameplay vid I'm talking about. I need to find this vid so you will understand it is a programming issue and has nothing to do with powers, the story or anything like that.

All i'am sayin if you're into more realistic games and if a helicopter moveing slightly the wrong way is gonna bother you then this game isn't for you.. Do you understand?
You aren't saying anything and you still don't get it but others readng this thread do. It is not an issue of playing realistic games, nor is it an issue of liking or disliking realistic games. What I am talking about are in game physics, realistic physics for some of the in game properties/assets, the gaming engine used, and shoddy programming. They could have programmed the helicopter to turn into your mother and have her blowing the entire neighborhood at the press of the B button, and that still would have NOTHING to do with what I'm talking about.

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
i think what heresy is trying to say is the physics of the game are not nice

i felt this way after playing saints row 2

think of it like this, compare the driving of the cars in GTA4 to the driving of the cars in saints row 2

in GTA4 the physics feel much more realistic, and while the actual game might not be realistic, the realistic physical movement makes it feel much nicer to play than saints row 2

i couldnt stand the driving in SR2 but loved it in GTA4

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com

think of it like this, compare the driving of the cars in GTA4 to the driving of the cars in saints row 2

in GTA4 the physics feel much more realistic, and while the actual game might not be realistic, the realistic physical movement makes it feel much nicer to play than saints row 2

Thankyou.

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com

I completley understand, and actually i was somewhat agreeing with him by saying if you are a fan of realistic games you probably won't like this one, because yes the physics are off and yes it is about a dude who throws vehicles like homeing missles.

I don't see what's so hard to comprehend.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
I completley understand, and actually i was somewhat agreeing with him by saying if you are a fan of realistic games you probably won't like this one, because yes the physics are off and yes it is about a dude who throws vehicles like homeing missles.

I don't see what's so hard to comprehend.
lol you just dont get it do ya?

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
Just beat Prototype today.. Put 13hours into it and i only got gold on a few events, got 13 hint orbs, 89 landmark orbs, and 35% of the web of intriuges done..

It was a hella fun game.. But it sorta ended abrubtly, especially since i didn't really get wat was goin on in the story up until the last few missions.. Still, the story was good if you're into conspiracy theories and such.. The web of intruiges were the best part of the story tho imo..

Few complaints i got was how chaotic the controls feel sometimes.. How the game seemed like it ended too soon.. And about the graphics, i mean, some parts of the game look very nice but other parts look TERRIBLE.. If this game had some GTA-like graphics it would've been a lot more amazing.. But still, the framerate is smooth especially with how many enemies you can get on screen at one time..

Few things i liked bout the game was the upgradeables.. It's so fun to upgrade Alex into you're own personal killing machine.. I also like how each mission has many different ways of going at it, i'm more of a fan of sneaking into bases useing stealth and disguises but you can also break into 'em useing brute force if you'd like too.. I love how epic some of the battles feel, i hijacked probably 10 helicopters in one battle and a few tanks too lol.. The boss fights were all very fun and chalangeing (especially the last one.)

This game can jus be approached at so many different angles.. You can do the missions, you can do the events (which by the way are all fun as hell), you can hunt down the orbs or web of intrigues.. or you can do what i usually find myself doing, hjiacking helicopters and tanks and jus blowin the shit up outa military bases and hives.. :)

I'd give Prototype a solid 8.5/10.. If the game was maybe 20+ hours then i'd say it was a definite classic, but as it stands Prototype is still worth every penny.

Jul 3, 2008
Just beat Prototype today.. Put 13hours into it and i only got gold on a few events, got 13 hint orbs, 89 landmark orbs, and 35% of the web of intriuges done..

It was a hella fun game.. But it sorta ended abrubtly, especially since i didn't really get wat was goin on in the story up until the last few missions.. Still, the story was good if you're into conspiracy theories and such.. The web of intruiges were the best part of the story tho imo..

Few complaints i got was how chaotic the controls feel sometimes.. How the game seemed like it ended too soon.. And about the graphics, i mean, some parts of the game look very nice but other parts look TERRIBLE.. If this game had some GTA-like graphics it would've been a lot more amazing.. But still, the framerate is smooth especially with how many enemies you can get on screen at one time..

Few things i liked bout the game was the upgradeables.. It's so fun to upgrade Alex into you're own personal killing machine.. I also like how each mission has many different ways of going at it, i'm more of a fan of sneaking into bases useing stealth and disguises but you can also break into 'em useing brute force if you'd like too.. I love how epic some of the battles feel, i hijacked probably 10 helicopters in one battle and a few tanks too lol.. The boss fights were all very fun and chalangeing (especially the last one.)

This game can jus be approached at so many different angles.. You can do the missions, you can do the events (which by the way are all fun as hell), you can hunt down the orbs or web of intrigues.. or you can do what i usually find myself doing, hjiacking helicopters and tanks and jus blowin the shit up outa military bases and hives.. :)

I'd give Prototype a solid 8.5/10.. If the game was maybe 20+ hours then i'd say it was a definite classic, but as it stands Prototype is still worth every penny.
thats whats up....
ima rent this asap...i wuld buy it but im broke...specially if u can beat it in about 15 hours...n im not the type to go out n do all the side shit anyway
ever since i played GTASA n had that bitch at 99% completed then saved over it on accident tryna show my homie that the game was in the game...i was pisssssssed...that was a summer worth of gaming....never tried to totally complete a game since

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
thats whats up....
ima rent this asap...i wuld buy it but im broke...specially if u can beat it in about 15 hours...n im not the type to go out n do all the side shit anyway
ever since i played GTASA n had that bitch at 99% completed then saved over it on accident tryna show my homie that the game was in the game...i was pisssssssed...that was a summer worth of gaming....never tried to totally complete a game since
But unlike GTA in this game you have a reason to do the side missions, you gain EP by doin them.. And the Experience Points can be spent on new moves.. I also heard theirs a whole bunch of new moves/upgrades unlocked when you place Gold in all the side missions.. I have no problem playing them because they are fun as fuck too..

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
Oh not at all, prototype is fun as fuck, i might even argue that its actually more fun. Infamous just has the overall polish that seperates good games from great games. Just alot more well put together, protoype feels like an unfinished product capable of so much more

Oct 30, 2006
Very much so...I didn't play the whole Infamous game but the demo just seemed like more of a finished product so I'd agree with you in that aspect. I just wish that Prototype was delayed at least a bit, I think it would have been 10x better than Infamous IMO if they had given it more time instead of rushing to release it to compete with Infamous.

That being said, I enjoy Prototype VERY much, I've just been doing all the side missions and have hardly been playing the actual story as much. I've been trying to unlock trophies as well and having a shit load of fun doing so.