If the Cavs land Stoudemire

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 18, 2003
Cavs strike deal for Wizards’ Jamison

The Cleveland Cavaliers have reached agreement on a six-player, three-team trade that lands them former All-Star forward Antawn Jamison(notes), league sources with knowledge of the talks told Yahoo! Sports.

Wizards
Cavaliers
Clippers

The Cavaliers are sending center Zydrunas Ilgauskas, a first-round pick and the draft rights to Emir Preldzic to the Wizards. The Wizards also will receive Al Thornton from the Los Angeles Clippers. The Cavaliers will get (Antawn Jamison) point guard Sebastian Telfair from the Clippers. The Wizards will send Drew Gooden to the Clippers.

[link]

Sources: Bulls trade Salmons

The Chicago Bulls and Milwaukee Bucks have agreed to a deal in principle that will send John Salmons to the Bucks for the expiring contracts of Kurt Thomas and Francisco Elson, sources said on Wednesday.

The deal allows the Bulls to clear Salmons $5.8 million salary off the books for next season. That puts them roughly $20 million under the cap next summer as the Bulls make a push to sign free agents like LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

[link]

Mar 18, 2003
Trade buzz: Robinson to Celtics

Boston Celtics guard Eddie House did not attend the team’s practice on Wednesday, and was told by his agent that he will likely be traded to the New York Knicks for Nate Robinson on Thursday.

“Tough situation giving Eddie up,” said Mark Bartelstein, House’s agent. “[Knicks coach Mike] D’Antoni coached him in Phoenix. If it does happen, Eddie is leaving a place where he has great memories to a place where he was really wanted.”

Robinson’s base-year compensation status makes a trade complicated, but the Celtics and Knicks both think a deal will be finalized with the league office before Thursday’s 3 p.m. ET deadline. Robinson was scratched from Wednesday’s game against the Chicago Bulls.

Celtics guard J.R. Giddens also is expected to go to New York in the trade. If the deal is completed, there is a chance Robinson will be in uniform Thursday night for the Celtics’ game against the Los Angeles Lakers.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
Trade buzz: Robinson to Celtics

Boston Celtics guard Eddie House did not attend the team’s practice on Wednesday, and was told by his agent that he will likely be traded to the New York Knicks for Nate Robinson on Thursday.

“Tough situation giving Eddie up,” said Mark Bartelstein, House’s agent. “[Knicks coach Mike] D’Antoni coached him in Phoenix. If it does happen, Eddie is leaving a place where he has great memories to a place where he was really wanted.”
Robinson’s base-year compensation status makes a trade complicated, but the Celtics and Knicks both think a deal will be finalized with the league office before Thursday’s 3 p.m. ET deadline. Robinson was scratched from Wednesday’s game against the Chicago Bulls.

Celtics guard J.R. Giddens also is expected to go to New York in the trade. If the deal is completed, there is a chance Robinson will be in uniform Thursday night for the Celtics’ game against the Los Angeles Lakers.
That says a lot right there.

May 2, 2002
Well...I would have liked Amare...but I can't really be mad at this.

Didn't have to give up Hickson...and most likely get Z back (hopefully). This gives the Cavs alot of options.

I think they wanted Jamison all along...although I read that the reason they went this route was because they wanted to get Z back. Supposedly the Suns had a side deal where they would have traded Z to Utah.

May 2, 2002
I'm not too disappointed in the loss...first game with Mo back...no Z...no Jamison...it's gonna take a little while for them to get used to each other.

And Melo had a really good night...he was feelin' it.