If the Cavs land Stoudemire

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
lets get real, jackson would never coach a team not loaded with stars. if he does, you get the post shaq pre gasol lakers. WORTHLESS PIECES OF SHIT.

the point of the gasol trade is, ANY OTHER TEAM WOULD HAVE TO GIVE UP VALUE TO GET A PLAYER OF HIS CALIBER. if LA had to give up what gasol was REALLY worth they would have never won shit. if you dont see that youre just a dumb mother fucker.

getting gasol for brown is like trading rasheed wallace for lebron, lets get real.

Jun 9, 2007
lets get real, jackson would never coach a team not loaded with stars. if he does, you get the post shaq pre gasol lakers. WORTHLESS PIECES OF SHIT.

the point of the gasol trade is, ANY OTHER TEAM WOULD HAVE TO GIVE UP VALUE TO GET A PLAYER OF HIS CALIBER. if LA had to give up what gasol was REALLY worth they would have never won shit. if you dont see that youre just a dumb mother fucker.

getting gasol for brown is like trading rasheed wallace for lebron, lets get real.

Jan 12, 2006

Jul 5, 2009
Why do the media and fans hate on Phil Jackson for havin great players and winning championships but no one cares that other coaches have had all-time greats on they squad too. Players win championships and without great players u aint winnin shit.

Mar 18, 2003

They didn't just trade "gasol for brown". Again very misleading.

Lakers got: Pau Gasol, 2010 2nd round pick.

Grizzlies got: Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittenton, Aaron McKie, Marc Gasol (draft rights), 2008 1st round pick, 2010 1st round pick.

If you dont see value in that then your a dumb mother fucker. :cheeky:

Why do the media and fans hate on Phil Jackson for havin great players and winning championships but no one cares that other coaches have had all-time greats on they squad too. Players win championships and without great players u aint winnin shit.
Fact of the matter is, out of his 18 years coaching in the NBA, Jackson has won 10 NBA championships, been to the final 12 times, and has made the playoffs in every single season on record. Regardless of what circumstances he found himself in, he made it happen. There are a lot of star-studded teams that never accomplish what teams under Jackson have.

Nov 15, 2007
They didn't just trade "gasol for brown". Again very misleading.

Lakers got: Pau Gasol, 2010 2nd round pick.

Grizzlies got: Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittenton, Aaron McKie, Marc Gasol (draft rights), 2008 1st round pick, 2010 1st round pick.

If you dont see value in that then your a dumb mother fucker. :cheeky:
either way, sorry i have to do this... but isnt jerry west the owner of the grizz, the man used to play for the lake, its like how kevin mchale basically gave away garnett to the celts... i see how it was a decent trade to an extent, but dont you think the owner has a say where the player gos??? hmmm makes you think right, either way... marc gasol is proving to become a beast and i dont give a fuck about the lakers... or phil.

even if the suns trade amare, i really dont give a fuck cuz im at the point we need to rebuild but the sad thing is nash is just geting older and i would hate to see that man not recieve a ring... either way seems like he is not slowing down any time soon either... i see 4 more solid years in the tank for stevey... so!

GO SUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
I don't see the bad side for Phoenix if they get Hickson for Amare. It's not only the players, people...after they waive Zydrunas (sp?), they have more cash for next season, and a rising young star at PF. Amare is great, but if they're really rebuilding...this could be a good move.

As far as the whole Gasol/Lakers/Kobe not winning shit with Shaq.

99.9999999% of the people who make this arguement hate Kobe/the Lakers because they WIN when their team doesn't. Seriously. Their team is SHIT and the Lakers are the defending champs.

Boston needed to get Allen and Garnett to win a title, but boo-hoo, the Lakers can't get Gasol to win a title. That's what good (GREAT) teams do. They BRING IN THE TALENT to WIN. If your team isn't doing it...YOUR TEAM SUCKS. FUCK THEM and FUCK YOU.

< I'm a BULLS fan. We should have got Garnett. We should have got Amare. We should have got Kobe. SHOULDA. WOULDA. COULDA. We didn't. That's why we SUCK. We're on 'OK' team, but CANNOT compete for a title, which is the MAIN GOAL of ANY and ALL organizations.

As far as Phil Jackson goes...He wasn't handed the Bulls in the middle of a championship run. He got the team at a perfect time to capitalize of their talent (Jordan and Pippen), but those other guys were PIECES, nothing more or less. BJ Armstrong? Will Purdue? Stacey King? Bill Cartwright? Ron Harper? John Paxson? Steve Kerr? LUC FUCKING LONGLEY?! Those are the teams LOADED with TALENT? LOL @ YOU MORONS.

Then the Lakers. Kobe and Shaq. Great. But the rest are PIECES. Fisher. Horry. RICK FOX LOL. Glen Rice.

It's just a matter of being JEALOUS. Plain and simple. Your team sucks, so hate the Lakers. Your team sucks, so hate the Yankees. Your team sucks, so hate Duke basketball. Your team sucks, so hate Florida football.

"THEY get too much media coverage."

"He was handed an all-star team."

"He'll never be a starting QB in the NFL."

"He can't win shit without Shaq".

Blah blah blah.

BOO HOO.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
boston traded away 5 players and 2 first round draft picks for garnett. mchale didnt give him away lets get real. at the time everyone was saying boston mortgaged their future for an old man.

Mar 18, 2003
either way, sorry i have to do this... but isnt jerry west the owner of the grizz, the man used to play for the lake, its like how kevin mchale basically gave away garnett to the celts... i see how it was a decent trade to an extent, but dont you think the owner has a say where the player gos??? hmmm makes you think right, either way... marc gasol is proving to become a beast and i dont give a fuck about the lakers... or phil.
Jerry West is not the owner of the Grizzlies, he was the general manager. However, he was already retired at the time of the Pau Gasol trade. Chris Wallace was the GM who made the trade with the Lakers. To my knowledge, Jerry West was not a part of the Grizzlies organization at the time. That should rule out any suspicion of West and the Lakers being in cahoots.

even if the suns trade amare, i really dont give a fuck cuz im at the point we need to rebuild but the sad thing is nash is just geting older and i would hate to see that man not recieve a ring... either way seems like he is not slowing down any time soon either... i see 4 more solid years in the tank for stevey... so!
I have always liked Amare Stoudemire and with the talent that has been through Phoenix I am wondering if it is not simply just a coaching problem. Empasis on defense!!

Mar 18, 2003
boston traded away 5 players and 2 first round draft picks for garnett. mchale didnt give him away lets get real. at the time everyone was saying boston mortgaged their future for an old man.
If we're going by what's on paper, the Lakers gave away 4 players and 2 first round draft picks for Gasol, who is not nearly the player Garnett is. And Garnett was what, 30-31 years old at the time? Not an old man if you ask me.

May 3, 2002
This is very misleading.

There have been 5 full seasons without Shaq. The first season without Shaq, Phil Jackson was not the coach and it happened to be their only season with a losing record (he came back the next year and they made the playoffs). However if you're counting the seasons without Shaq but with Phil Jackson, the statistics would read as follows:

LA Lakers Winning Percent w/ Kobe Bryant but without Shaq
4 seasons - 1 title - .637 winning percentage

As far as them not being able to win without Gasol.. this doesn't really mean anything. Similarly you could say the Celtics wouldn't have won if they didn't trade for Garnett; the Miami Heat if they didn't get Shaq, etc. All you're really doing is removing a major peice of the team and saying "oh you can't win shit now", but that is very well the case for every team in history who has ever won a title.

One more thing. Concerning Jackson's stint with the Bulls when they didn't have Jordan; did they ever use the money which was alloted to him (Jordan) to sign anyone of value to replace him at that or any other position? Hmmm.
What was their record prior to getting Gasol?

Face it Lakers would have not won without Gasol Kobe was crying to leave LA they were in a slump but he came in and revamped em Kobe without Shaq & Kobe without Gasol is = to New Jersey Nets

Mar 18, 2003
They needed another big man (Gasol) to get to the top. Big fuckin deal. Teams do not win championships with one person.

You guys really haven't said much.

Face it Lakers would have not won without Gasol Kobe was crying to leave LA they were in a slump but he came in and revamped em Kobe without Shaq & Kobe without Gasol is = to New Jersey Nets
They made the playoffs the year before Gasol came into town.

The Nets? They've won 4 games man.

Mar 18, 2003
Updated: February 16, 2010, 10:10 AM ET
Sources: Camby may head to Portland

By Ric Bucher
ESPN The Magazine

The Portland Trail Blazers are close to acquiring the Clippers' Marcus Camby, the center they've desperately needed since they lost both Greg Oden and Joel Przybilla to season-ending injuries.

The deal being discussed would send point guard Steve Blake and small forward Travis Outlaw to the Clippers for Camby, multiple sources said late Monday night.

One source close to the situation originally said the sides had agreed on the deal, but multiple sources later clarified that the trade is several steps from completion. A league source said "serious substantive talks" have been held and that the deal is at the "goal line" but has not received approval from either Clippers owner Donald Sterling or Blazers owner Paul Allen.

Neither team could be reached for comment and no trade call has been scheduled with the league. Nothing was expected to be consummated until Tuesday at the earliest.

All three players being discussed are in the final years of their respective deals, so it would be a swap of expiring contracts.

In a text message to ESPNLosAngeles.com, Camby said that he "hadn't heard anything about it" from either his agent or the Clippers. He has said that he would prefer to remain in Los Angeles, but he understands why his name continues to come up in trade talks.

The deal still could unravel, a source said, because of the players involved. There has been a season-long debate in Portland over whether Blake or Andre Miller, whom the Blazers signed as a free agent last summer, is a better fit at point guard next to All-Star shooting guard Brandon Roy.

Outlaw, meanwhile, has not played since breaking his left foot in mid-November and is just on the verge of returning to action.

The 35-year-old Camby is the league's second-leading rebounder (12.1) on an underachieving Clippers team that has lost four straight and fallen out of the Western Conference playoff race.

With several playoff teams -- Denver and Miami, to name two -- looking to add a big man for the stretch run, there's still the chance of a last-minute bid for Camby that would beat the Blazers' offer.

Portland is currently clinging to the eighth and final playoff spot, with Roy missing Sunday's All-Star Game in Dallas because of a nagging hamstring injury.

Blake, a 6-foot-3 guard, is putting up 7.6 points and 4.0 assists per game. He's coming off a 20-point, 12-assist game in a win over the Suns before the All-Star break.

Ric Bucher covers the NBA for ESPN The Magazine.