If Peyton wins the SB, will he be the greatest QB ever?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Will Peyton be the greatest QB ever with a win on SB Sunday?

• Yes he will be the G.O.A.T.

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • No, Montana is the G.O.A.T.

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Different eras, you can't compare

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Fuck Peyton

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Marino, Brady, Aikman, Favre, Elway, Unitas were better

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Fuck ESPN and their East Coast bias

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
May 6, 2009
You are clearly missing the bigger picture here. FOOTBALL is a TEAM game. The entire bronco team shit the bed yesterday and Montana would not have done much better. That D would have eaten him alive. Manning > Brady > Montana

Nov 16, 2006
You are clearly missing the bigger picture here. FOOTBALL is a TEAM game. The entire bronco team shit the bed yesterday and Montana would not have done much better. That D would have eaten him alive. Manning > Brady > Montana
bullshit. Montana is the G.O.A.T. like it or not....he won 2 rings without jerry so dont even try that. Montana was an undersized QB that played in a time where you were actually allowed to hit the QB. not only that, he played in one of the toughest Eras in the history of the NFL going against the likes of a lawrence taylor led giants team, or the mike ditka coached bears. Im sorry but anyone who argues against Montana bein the GOAT looks silly

May 6, 2009
bullshit. Montana is the G.O.A.T. like it or not....he won 2 rings without jerry so dont even try that. Montana was an undersized QB that played in a time where you were actually allowed to hit the QB. not only that, he played in one of the toughest Eras in the history of the NFL going against the likes of a lawrence taylor led giants team, or the mike ditka coached bears. Im sorry but anyone who argues against Montana bein the GOAT looks silly
No no no lol, wether YOU like it or not he is not the goat. Hilarious how you whiner fans are trying to somehow take a w out of this game lol

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
I agree 1hunnid on the team game comment.

On the other, Manning is not greater than Montana (AND I HAVE BEEN A HAWKS SUPPORTER SINCE 85 (long drought lmao)) or Brady (NEVER LIKED THE PATS), stop lyin to yourself, Their playoff records and SB records say otherwise. The regular season is just that, regular. If you can't produce Ws when it counts in the postseason, you are not so great. Like I said before, Warren Moon has thrown more yards in pro football than any othr NFL QB EVER, he is one of my all time favorites, but never got a ring, Randall Cunningham, also one of my all time favorites, also never got a ring- and in the scheme of things thats what all of the games are about. 11-12 postseason & 1-2 SB say Manning is not so great. Again, he had a memorable season, and it will now be tarnished by his failures in the SB, including the first snap which was his fault and led to a safety along with his other mistakes. Don't believe the hype. Bradshaw> 3ManningS

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2006
No no no lol, wether YOU like it or not he is not the goat. Hilarious how you whiner fans are trying to somehow take a w out of this game lol
take a w out of what game???this was a response to the topic of this thread, not the superbowl. and whos your team??? the chargers??? enough said. seriously though arguing for Montana being the GOAT is like arguing over whether or not the sky is blue. It is what it is , no matter how much u wanna cry over it .

May 6, 2009
take a w out of what game???this was a response to the topic of this thread, not the superbowl. and whos your team??? the chargers??? enough said. seriously though arguing for Montana being the GOAT is like arguing over whether or not the sky is blue. It is what it is , no matter how much u wanna cry over it .
Lol crying?? Not one bit but nice try. No doubt the whiners are a much better team then the chargers, never did I insinuate otherwise. Again nice try.

Yes whiner fans are trying to take a w out if this somehow.

"Yeah, see!!!!! Joe Montana is the goat not Peyton!!!!"

"Yeah, NFC West > rest of nfl!!!!!"

You get nothing out if this but a l

Nov 16, 2006
Lol crying?? Not one bit but nice try. No doubt the whiners are a much better team then the chargers, never did I insinuate otherwise. Again nice try.

Yes whiner fans are trying to take a w out if this somehow.

"Yeah, see!!!!! Joe Montana is the goat not Peyton!!!!"

"Yeah, NFC West > rest of nfl!!!!!"

You get nothing out if this but a l
yea i feel like a chargers fan at the end of every season ever. and both of the statements you just pointed out are true. Montana is the GOAT, and yes you guessed it NFC WEST is superior to the rest of the NFL lol

May 6, 2009
yea i feel like a chargers fan at the end of every season ever. and both of the statements you just pointed out are true. Montana is the GOAT, and yes you guessed it NFC WEST is superior to the rest of the NFL lol
True, but like I said I find it funny that there are whiner fans trying to take a w out of this somehow lol

Jan 5, 2006
Then all the accolades Manning has mean shit by your measurement of success and greatness since those are individual stats. Were the 49ers better or worse with Montana on the field? It's not so much Broncos shit the bed, it's that Seattle's defense beasted the fuck out of it. Can't take anything away from that defense. No 49er fan is trying to dissect a W out of yesterday. If you refer back to my first post, this is a valid argument that has been brought up a lot... and other QB's were mentioned other than Montana or Manning too.

So basically you're saying you'd choose Manning for every Super Bowl everytime over Manning to increase chances of winning? Since he's the G.O.A.T. right? after last night's display two things were certain... Bronco's o-line got manhandled by Seattle, and Manning definitely throws ducks and Seattle made him pay. So much for being a pure pocket passer.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
it's always going to be a cloud over him when referring to his legacy.
its gonna go like this...
montana, great qb, won 4 rings...
tom brady won 3 rings, great qb....
peyton manning, great qb, won 1 ring BUTTTTTTT....lol
idk to me greatness in the sports world is defined by multiple championships on top of performing at a high level during the season. imo.
He now officially has a playoff record of 11-12. That doesn't scream best QB of all time.

May 6, 2009
Then all the accolades Manning has mean shit by your measurement of success and greatness since those are individual stats. Were the 49ers better or worse with Montana on the field? It's not so much Broncos shit the bed, it's that Seattle's defense beasted the fuck out of it. Can't take anything away from that defense. No 49er fan is trying to dissect a W out of yesterday. If you refer back to my first post, this is a valid argument that has been brought up a lot... and other QB's were mentioned other than Montana or Manning too.

So basically you're saying you'd choose Manning for every Super Bowl everytime over Manning to increase chances of winning? Since he's the G.O.A.T. right? after last night's display two things were certain... Bronco's o-line got manhandled by Seattle, and Manning definitely throws ducks and Seattle made him pay. So much for being a pure pocket passer.
Not at all. Wins and losses are a team statistic. Like many others, I have always felt the QB gets too much credit when a team wins and too much blame when the team loses. Do you really think the ravens won the Super Bowl because of Trent dilfer? Lol. No need to answer that as I've made my point. Also Brady > Montana but it is completely pointless to have that debate with a whiner fan. Unbiased opinion here.

Jan 5, 2006
Only an idiot would overlook the fact that a QB won on their own... we are simply talking about overall success not dependent on statistic from the regular season. I'm biased because I'm a 49er fan but even non-49er fans are agreeing. It's clear you have something against the 49ers since you keep referring to me as a "whiner" fan...

Brady better than Montana? yeah let him win another Superbowl, he's not even 4-0. Even Brady would tell you he's not greater than his childhood idol. Behind closed doors or in front of a camera his response would be the same. It really comes down to two different eras. To me this is a Jordan vs Kobe/Lebron comparison... at the end of the day it's your opinion versus mine.

May 6, 2009
Only an idiot would overlook the fact that a QB won on their own... we are simply talking about overall success not dependent on statistic from the regular season. I'm biased because I'm a 49er fan but even non-49er fans are agreeing. It's clear you have something against the 49ers since you keep referring to me as a "whiner" fan...

Brady better than Montana? yeah let him win another Superbowl, he's not even 4-0. Even Brady would tell you he's not greater than his childhood idol. Behind closed doors or in front of a camera his response would be the same. It really comes down to two different eras. To me this is a Jordan vs Kobe/Lebron comparison... at the end of the day it's your opinion versus mine.
I have nothing against the whiners. I will now refer to them and there fans as that in the future due to all the "whining" that went on after they lost to the seahawks. MysticOracle and a few others really made you guys look bad. That's why i said "damn, i guess they are called the whiners for a reason".

Manning > Montana
Brady > Montana

The end. Tootles.

May 6, 2009
Ive never met a die hard chargers fan. Jaysav I give u props for hating us so much because 9ers raped your team in 94/95 superbowl. Congrats on your biased homerism.
Lol nice try bud but that don't bother me one bit. Shit was 20 years ago. To be honest, aside from Kap, I like the 9ers TEAM a lot. I just think a lot of their fans are such "whiners". That was proven this year when they choked in the playoffs, again. So you fail with your attempt to take a jab at my team. Nice try though lol.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Peyton Manning is the greatest QB of the new millennium

It's like comparing Lebron to Jordan or Magic or whoever, at the end of the day it doesn't matter cuz he's hands down better than everyone else who is or was recently playing in the league
I said this.....but then I realized this:
11-12 in the postseason, 1-2 in the BIG GAME

If you still call him the greatest after that your logic is seriously flawed
11-12 in the post season is terrible. and 8 of those losses are one-and-done's, meaning they were eliminated the first playoff game they played. that's terrible...but he's still an unbelievable QB, anyone who wouldn't want them on their team is delusional. that's why I think Meta got it right
Greatest regular season qb ever.
he clearly chokes when the big game pressure is on. and there was a lot of pressure on this game.....shit, the media practically awarded the super bowl to peyton before it started and were asking him if he's gonna retire when he wins.....I don't think I ever remember any media outlet ever talking about "what if they lose?"