I USE A MPC WHAT DO YALL USE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Logic 8 does come with a pretty decent sound liberary though, Logic does have one hell of a learning curve to it though

Oct 6, 2005
yeah I bought a eps classic in 05 after using my boys a few years prior then sold it and regretted it and bought another one a year ago for me it was the sound of the machine as well as the sequencer. its the center piece to my lab
Word... Keep that shit alive...!

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
Logic 8 does come with a pretty decent sound liberary though, Logic does have one hell of a learning curve to it though
Yup. Logic is definitely a difficult one to learn, but it's well worth the time IMO. I have THOUSANDS of sounds in Logic...it's all about tweakin' the shit to make 'em sound right, though. Lots of live instrument samples in there.

Oct 13, 2003
good info in here yall..and lol at the dudes sayin you dont need a mpc. mpc gives you a certain sound and feel the other stuff cant do, so if thats what you like then you do need a mpc, and havin each model gives a different sound so alot of people have more than 1 model mpc, i rock the 2000 classic and love that machine.

Apr 25, 2002
good info in here yall..and lol at the dudes sayin you dont need a mpc. mpc gives you a certain sound and feel the other stuff cant do, so if thats what you like then you do need a mpc, and havin each model gives a different sound so alot of people have more than 1 model mpc, i rock the 2000 classic and love that machine.
Not true. An MPC is only as good as the samples one has. As far as the swing an MPC can add to the track...it was unmatched until now. I have every swing setting of an MPC 3000 in Logic Pro's quantize set.

The first thing artists ask me is if I use an MPC, and when I say No, they don't fuck with me. As if an MPC can do magical things that no producer can. I just laugh and tell them to go pay producers for their equipment rather than their talent, cause that's what it boils down to. I've been to so many studios that had a ton of equipment, and the engineers confessed to only using about 30% of the shit they had available...and they only have the shit because it brings their production value up.

Apr 7, 2004
Not true. An MPC is only as good as the samples one has. As far as the swing an MPC can add to the track...it was unmatched until now. I have every swing setting of an MPC 3000 in Logic Pro's quantize set.

The first thing artists ask me is if I use an MPC, and when I say No, they don't fuck with me. As if an MPC can do magical things that no producer can. I just laugh and tell them to go pay producers for their equipment rather than their talent, cause that's what it boils down to. I've been to so many studios that had a ton of equipment, and the engineers confessed to only using about 30% of the shit they had available...and they only have the shit because it brings their production value up.
I sold my mpc 2000xl I have no need for it. It's easier to use reason and recycle. Im bout to sale my phantom too as soon as I get these phantom sounds on my hard drive. Right now Im using reason/recylce/protools/m-audio keyboard with the drum pads.

Jun 9, 2005
www.kevwestbeats.com
Lol @ thinking u need a mpc. U don't need any 1 piece of equipment dudes have been known to make heat on 6 second samplers anything is possible. And I've been making music for 6 years and I've never owned a mpc. I'm more of the asr 10 type.

Oct 13, 2003
i def dont think you NEED an mpc all machines have a sound,even when copied are not exactly the same, i say use any and all equip you like it comes down to what you are comfortable using and none is better than the other but im also not gonna sell my record collection cuz i can download them all in mp3 format either.

Apr 25, 2002
An MPC is absolutely essential to making professional quality Hiphop. You also NEED Pro-Tools.

:rolleyes:
HAHAHA! I swear, on the 4th of July I ran into this cat across the street from my friends house. My boy was tryin' to hook us up to make some music, but as soon as I told him I don't use Pro-Tools OR an MPC, he shrugged it off and walked away.

Apr 25, 2002
i def dont think you NEED an mpc all machines have a sound,even when copied are not exactly the same, i say use any and all equip you like it comes down to what you are comfortable using and none is better than the other but im also not gonna sell my record collection cuz i can download them all in mp3 format either.
Agreed. And YES, keep your record collection. NOTHING sounds like a record...that's just a fact.

Apr 25, 2002
wtf u mean u dont use protools or an mpc..... u dont kno what ur talkin about:mad:
Logic Pro=Pre-Production, Recording, Post-Production, Scoring, MPC 3000 groove templates, user friendly, $500 with no hardware.

Pro-Tools=Overrated unless you have racks to throw on a full HD system.

MPC=Sampler...nothing more, nothing less. I can do the same thing you can do with an MPC without wasting money and space.

:cool:

Oct 8, 2002
www.408inc.com
Logic Pro=Pre-Production, Recording, Post-Production, Scoring, MPC 3000 groove templates, user friendly, $500 with no hardware.

Pro-Tools=Overrated unless you have racks to throw on a full HD system.

MPC=Sampler...nothing more, nothing less. I can do the same thing you can do with an MPC without wasting money and space.

:cool:
no shit jackass i kno theres more to music than protools and a mpc

Apr 7, 2004
lmao.... yea a MPC and PRO TOOLS are the 2 most essential products if you wanna make music
There's a lot of known producers out there not using a mpc. I use protools but I really don't do shit to the beat on protools. Really I have the protools just for when cats is coping beats. They look so happy to see a beat tracked out on protools when they come to cop a beat. quote"O man you making beats with the protools" what ever the fuck that means but ok. You can have all the equipment in the world and make shitty beats. You know how many people have studios? A lot,and there's a lot of garbage floating around

There's a lot of known producers out there not using a mpc. I use protools but I really don't do shit to the beat on protools. Really I have the protools just for when cats is coping beats. They look so happy to see a beat tracked out on protools when they come to cop a beat. quote"O man you making beats with the protools" what ever the fuck that means but ok. You can have all the equipment in the world and make shitty beats. You know how many people have studios? A lot,and there's a lot of garbage floating around
i know this bud..... it was a joke.... i dont fucc with either. I got Cubase 5 and make beats using a motif xs rack hooked up via mlan and use the vst editor in cubase. i also do my vocals in cubase. i never fucced wit pro tools or mpc........lol people take shit to literal