I USE A MPC WHAT DO YALL USE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Good choice. I use an iMac and Logic Pro 8 and the shit runs smoothly. You got at least 2 Gigs of ram in that comp, right? If you can, put 4 in it. Tons of Logic Pro tutorials on youtube if you need help with it...I'm on there every day lookin' at shit. There's a cat called SFLogicNinja that has a TON of helpful tips...try to stay away from ExpertVillage though, their tutorials are all about a minute and a half in length and aren't helpful at all.

right on, i used logic a little at cras, i heard they have made it more user friendly in the new editions. I got 2 gigs of ram. Is it difficult to upgrade ram yourself, would i have to have a tech do it? Am i gonna run sluggish with 2 gigs? How many simultanious app do you thing i can get away with running at 2 gigs? I cant wait though, shit is gonna be tight

Mar 11, 2004
iMac 4gbRam, Protools8+Reason 4 M-Audio Studio Monitors Library of 10,000+sounds Axiom61 MicroKorg Mpc2000xl i have bass/electric/acustic( with the electric input or watever its called) im not sure on the names of the guitars i havent used them in so long but i kno i got all 3 at once and it was like $8500 total

Apr 25, 2002
right on, i used logic a little at cras, i heard they have made it more user friendly in the new editions. I got 2 gigs of ram. Is it difficult to upgrade ram yourself, would i have to have a tech do it? Am i gonna run sluggish with 2 gigs? How many simultanious app do you thing i can get away with running at 2 gigs? I cant wait though, shit is gonna be tight
Installing the ram is easy to do yourself. Took me less than 10 mintues..I watched some video on how to do it on youtube real quick. I noticed a good difference in performance once I upgraded. Before I had to feeeze alot more VST tracks and Logic got buggy at times if I had 15+ omnisphere/stylus instruments.

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
Installing the ram is easy to do yourself. Took me less than 10 mintues..I watched some video on how to do it on youtube real quick. I noticed a good difference in performance once I upgraded. Before I had to feeeze alot more VST tracks and Logic got buggy at times if I had 15+ omnisphere/stylus instruments.
Yea...it's easy to upgrade the RAM on an iMac...takes a few minutes. About applications, I run a lot of shit simultaneously. I can run Pro Tools, Reason and Logic at the same time, plus word, Safari, etc. I've never had a freeze problem actually, so it runs smoothly. There was a little lag so I upgraded to 4, because 2 gigs is the MINIMUM!

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Yea...it's easy to upgrade the RAM on an iMac...takes a few minutes. About applications, I run a lot of shit simultaneously. I can run Pro Tools, Reason and Logic at the same time, plus word, Safari, etc. I've never had a freeze problem actually, so it runs smoothly. There was a little lag so I upgraded to 4, because 2 gigs is the MINIMUM!
do you need to buy some special mac approved, most likley more expensive ram? Im guessing opening up my computer would automattically void out any warrenty i have with apple

will i encounter compatability issues if i put in more than 4 gigs or should that be plenty

15+ virtual instruments sounds pretty good though for 2 gigs. You gotta know im running an old windows desktop that has 768 mb of ram in it. If i run too many combinator racks in reason to will max out on me

Apr 25, 2002
do you need to buy some special mac approved, most likley more expensive ram? Im guessing opening up my computer would automattically void out any warrenty i have with apple

will i encounter compatability issues if i put in more than 4 gigs or should that be plenty

15+ virtual instruments sounds pretty good though for 2 gigs. You gotta know im running an old windows desktop that has 768 mb of ram in it. If i run too many combinator racks in reason to will max out on me
http://guides.macrumors.com/Buying_RAM
check this out..this will give you some info and some websites to order ram.
3rd party ram is much cheaper than buying from apple...just make sure you buy ram that is compatable your iMac model. I have the 2008 iMac so I can only install a max of 4GB...I think the new iMac's you can get up to 8.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
^cant say that i do but i guarentee ill never have a dell sticker or a dell anything after the bullshit they put me through

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I gotta say how amazing is is for shit to work out of the box with no problems on a mac, I love this computer I wish i swooped this in the first place

old soundcard no problem, I need a FW800 to 400 cable to get my new soundcard cooking though NBD

got Maschine running- Workflow on this piece is alot different than what im used to its gonna take me some time to figure this baby out. Its would probably be a cinch for MPC users to figure out. I just tinkered around with it so far. The drums sound pretty good on it, theres alot of sounds to mess with and a world of functions for me to mess with. This one might take me awhile

Reason 4 is nice, the sounds on it are a big step above reason 3 the new sequencer is a bitch though. IDK why they screwed up a good thing where the fuck is the quantize on this sequencer and whats up with these MIDI groups?? I put the maschine in midi mode and use it in reason, havnt yet figured out how to use the transport controls for it in reason though. On a PC you could use certain buttons on the qwerty keyboard to control your transports, this doesnt seem to be so on a mac. I might have to get a control surface because clicking around on a mouse to stop and FF will drive me nuts, hopefully i can figure out how to get the maschine transports to work in Reason and Logic.

Havnt got logic yet LOL that will be a whole new can of worms i'm sure

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I put my apple stickers on my desk :cool:

This computer makes me wish i bought an apple years ago, this thing is beyond great

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
Yeah SFLogicNinja knows his shit, his videos have helped me in the past.

I got the same setup with an iMac(w/ 4G of ram) and Logic 8 and it been pretty smooth. I use alot of VST instruments...my music is usually 18+ tracks of all top notch VST sounds/samples and I dont run into many problems..occasionally Ill have to freeze a track or 2 but thats it.
Do you stick to the sounds that come with Logic 8, or do you have outside sounds that you've loaded into Logic yourself?? I've been looking for new sounds for Logic but have been unsuccessful in my attempts.

Mar 17, 2006
I GOT A MPC 2000XL AND A MPC 2500.
soundcard: Fast Track Pro

Controllers: X-Session Pro & MPD24

Hardware: Boss DR-670

Software: Ableton Live 7, GURU, Recycle, some free VST's and just got Reason 4 recently for half price used (legit, got the license transfer and everything)

I want Maschine, even though it will be redundant to GURU and the Drum Racks in Ableton...

STRATEGY

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Maschine is sweet, i highly recommend it, you'll love the software, hardware integration. Technically i don't have much use for recycle but i have it. I was hoping i could chop apple loops with it but it doesn't look like those files are compatible with it. You could chop withiin Logic if you need to and the maschines sampling looks pretty clean. havn't had the chance to use it yet though. I dont have any .wav or aiff files on my mac, i think a turntable might be the next thing i pick up. Otherwise all i have is the ability to bounce logic files to .wav and chop those up. I'm pretty occupied just trying to learn all this new software. Logic is pretty deep, I need to get my skill level on that up to the point i can run more than a beat making session on with it. I need like a solid day or 2 working with everything i have to really get a hold of everything all this shit can do

Oct 6, 2005
i hear the 16 plus is the shit but I have the 12 bit classic and i love it
Word... My boy has the 12 bit... That's what I learned on... Those machines are classic... Love the sequencer... Fools were always clownin' the envelopes and shit but it was the sequencer that had me hooked... I might really start using my EPS heavy again...

Jun 9, 2005
www.kevwestbeats.com
yeah I bought a eps classic in 05 after using my boys a few years prior then sold it and regretted it and bought another one a year ago for me it was the sound of the machine as well as the sequencer. its the center piece to my lab