I DON'T GET THESE CHEAP BASTARDS THESE DAYS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 1, 2002
To: marma001
Item: FBG Insane Ta Da Brain San Jose Bay Area G-FUNK RAP (280532043590)
Subject: Re: marma001 has sent a question about item #280532043590, that ended on Jul-13-10 19:26:28 PDT - FBG Insane Ta Da Brain San Jose Bay Area G-FUNK RAP

Q: Hi again. Please send invoice and adjust shipping. Its only $2 to mail a cd to Ont. Canada.

Can some of my Canadian buddies here email this guy that it doesn't cost $2 to ship to Canada....I'm afraid he'll leave underserving negative/nuetral feedback or even give me low ass positive feedback rating....smack some sense or something :confused:

BIG THANKS!

May 2, 2002
i hate that some people don't get that packing materials, gas, and the time it takes to package and get sent off is all part of the shipping and HANDLING charges.

Jul 6, 2004
I like how he automatically assumes your just going to lower the shipping because he told you too. Regardless of how much it exactly costs to ship a cd somewhere, it still states the shipping prices in the auction and bidding on that item, pretty much constitutes an agreement to pay that amount for shipping.

Jan 6, 2003
I really love how cheap people tend to get. They pay $40-50+++ for a CD and then go on to discuss on shipping terms to save petty cash, haha.
Pathetic buyer.

Tell him that you can send him a xerox copy of the cover art for a $2 shipping charge

Jul 7, 2005
www.mintunderground.com
THIS.....

THIS IS THE TYPE OF BULLSHIT THAT I'VE BEEN DEALING WITH!!! THIS IS WHY I BLOCKED THE WHOLE U.K. AND NOW I'M CONSIDERING DOING THE SAME TO FRANCE AND CANADA TOO.

C'MON PEOPLE "READ" THE DESCRIPTIONS AND WHEN YOU DO, DON'T THINK THAT YOU'RE ABOVE THEM, BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT!

MARV...YOU CAN BEST BELIEVE THAT YOU HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT YOUR FEEDBACK, BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T TO IT, HE'S GOING TO FUCK YOUR SHIT UP (BEEN HAPPENING TO ME ALOT LATELY) AND IF YOU DO, THEN HE AND EVERYBODY ELSE IS GOING TO EXPECT IT.

PEOPLE DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH GOES INTO SELLING ON EBAY UNLESS THEY ARE IN FACT SELLERS TOO.

THERE ARE ALL TYPES OF FORGONE COSTS WHEN IT COMES TO SELLING ON EBAY. GOOD EXAMPLES OF THESE COST ARE: GAS, MATERIAL, TIME (FILLING OUT CUSTOMS FORM AND REGISTERED MAIL FORMS), LISTING FEE'S, FINAL VALUE FEE'S (ABOUT 15% WHEN TOTALED UP), PAY PAL FEE (4% + .30 CENT'S PER TRANSACTION) AND ECT.

THAT STICKER PRICE THAT YOU SEE WHEN YOU BUYERS RECEIVE YOUR PACKAGES DOESN'T REFLECT THE UNSEEN AKA FORGONE COSTS OF DOING BUSINESS/SHIPPING ITEM TO YOU, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE A 16 YEAR OLD EMPLOYEE LIKE ME WHO PULLS ORDERS FOR YOU. I HAVE TO PAY HIM TOO! MY SON DOESN'T WORK FOR FREE. HE GET'S HIS BUSINESS MIND FROM ME.

THEN YOU HAVE THESE BUYERS WHO WANT TO USE FEEDBACK EXTORTION AS THE KEY. I DON'T DO EXTORTION, SO TRY IT WITH SOMEBODY ELSE. LEAVE ME NEGATIVE FEEDBACK, BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING TO PAY ME.

NOW THE ENTIRE U.K. HAS TO BUY FROM MY SITE, LIKE A LOT OF OTHER COUNTRIES ARE GOING TO HAVE TO IN A MINUTE.

I WOULD HIGHLY SUGGEST THAT YA'LL START GETTING AT THOSE FOO'S FROM YOUR COUNTRY. THOSE FOO'S THAT ARE FUCKING IT UP FOR YOU.

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
Go package the CD and pay for the postage but don't send it out. Take a picture of how much the postage is and then also tally in the cost of the envelope and gasoline going to and from the post office. When you tally it all up for him and he sees that your shipping price is actually cheaper than what you tally up, maybe he'll shut the fuck up and pay.

May 1, 2002
so what's the max value for a US seller can put on the custom forms without you foreign buyers getting penalized for paying taxes at the post office? i really dispise putting a low dollar amount on the customs form because of the risk of us being penalized, but i always put myself in your guys shoes too....i've only had problems with the French, Italian, and German postal systems....the Japanese, Australian, UK, Canadian, Korean, and etc. postal systems to me are much more easier to work with somehow...

Jan 6, 2003
so what's the max value for a US seller can put on the custom forms without you foreign buyers getting penalized for paying taxes at the post office? i really dispise putting a low dollar amount on the customs form because of the risk of us being penalized, but i always put myself in your guys shoes too....i've only had problems with the French, Italian, and German postal systems....the Japanese, Australian, UK, Canadian, Korean, and etc. postal systems to me are much more easier to work with somehow...
Norway's got a tax free import limit on 200NKR, which is approx $33 according to today's exchange rate. This limit has been firm since 1975 and there's no chance of any adjustments. If the package value is above $33 I will have to pay 25% of the total value + shipping fee + a tax handling fee of approx $18. Therefore I always ask a seller in advance if he is comfortable with writing a lower value on the customs declaration. If he won't do that I simply can't order stuff from him because it will be too expensive. The customs never verify this, according to a friend who has been in that system previously the custom officers don't care about verifying what's written and the actual value as long as it doesn't exceed $33. Also, customs know about internet sales so I prefer a seller to send as merchandise with a low total value instead of as a gift with a high value because if the customs sees some ebay names or similar and a high value they don't care whether it's ticked "gift" or not. so the safest thing for me is "merchandise" and a low value.
I don't know how any US customs can verify what you write upon shipping but then again, what is a "value"? is it the actual sale price? Is it a general CD price? I think there's plenty of arguments for different value settings. Anyway, I don't think any customs really care or have the time to dig deeper into individual sales. If a large company such as Amazon lower the value it's a whole other issue, but for yall as individual single sellers, I doubt that there's any risk at all by setting a value of let's say $20 on a customs declaration. This value is of more importance if you're shipping with insurance as the item is insured for the value you're writing. But for regular USPS air mail or registrated mail I don't think it's of any risk for yall at all.

Jun 12, 2004
Re: Shipping to Canada - yeah, there's Can. buyers who will NEVER understand that the total cost is the price of the item PLUS S&H (which should be clearly laid out beforehand)... not to mention that "S&H" includes "H"(andling). But it's people like that who fuck it up for the rest of us, making you guys not wanna sell to Canada anymore. Look, genius, just because it says "$2.45" on the postage meter stamp doesn't mean that's all it took to get it to you. The American seller had to pay for gas, envelopes, and a million other things, but mostly it's for the seller's TIME. He had to set up the auction, answer questions, make sure he got paid, pack it up, send it to you, then go after you for a "positive rating".
Of course, American sellers fuck it up just as much. A guy was selling a VHS of a movie I couldn't find anywhere, the top (and only) bid was 99 cents, and he had just 18 hours left on his auction. So I emailed him, asked him if he'd send to Canada [his listing said shipping to US only], he emailed me back and said he would... for $13.95. Look, I'm sorry VHS tapes don't sell for sweet fuck all any more, but don't try and make up your "Sales deficit" by (extremely) over charging your "Handling costs"!!

As for "value" on the customs form if you're selling to Canada, it's really touch and go with the Canadian Customs. Sometimes they'll be pricks and decide your "casette deck" is worth $250; sometimes you can ship a brand new Blu-Ray player and they won't care. 3 easy notes - 1) No matter what the US seller/shipper puts as the "value", he won't get in trouble. The Canadian buyer will just have to pay more taxes, levys, and import fees. Just make sure you always mark it as a "Gift" on the Customs form, because that almost guarantees the package easy passage across the border. 2) If possible, put the S&H to Canada right in your auction listing. Then there's no argument, because by placing a bid, the Canadian is agreeing to everything in your listing. 3) NEVER worry about the "value" of bootlegged DVDs, CDs, whatever. It's not illegal to bootleg here, so just put the value at $10, say it's a "gift", and that it contains "Blank CDs".

Hope that helps a little with cross border selling!