How much should Producers Charge?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 14, 2006
RealRich said:
It's REALLY sad that some of yall think 300.00$ is alot of money for a track. Most real producers with any fucking since would laugh at that amount. If you are a shitty artist don't go searching for the magic beat to save you. And let's just say you do stumble on to a gold mine for fuck it 3,000$ (not 300) and it starts to get you some shows, extra fans and radio play...you will make that money back in no time. You will in the end get what you pay for. So to all the cats talking about tracks costing to much and you want them for free...that is the same thing fans say about the price of your cd as they download it- FOR FREE.
I agree with you too. $300 per beat is cheap in my opinion. Think of how much that artist can and will make off selling his cds......the $300 is nothing!

Mar 21, 2007
www.com
its all about fame in your game, your name has a price and if you are sellin it for cheap, people dont respect that shit, like buyin your shoes at K-mart, they might be the same material or quality, but people pay for those NIKE's

step your game up, cause it dont matter how hot your beat is, cause if Timbo walked in with a piece of shit, wackazz beat, it would still be chose over yours.....with a quickness

Apr 2, 2007
www.myspace.com
HOW MUCH SHOULD BAY AREA PRODUCERS CHARGED FOR BEATS..????

I GET A LOT OF CATS WHO "WANT" TO BUY BEATS...BUT WHEN TELL EM $250 AND UP....DEY DONT FUCK WIT IT

HOW MUCH DO YALL (BAY AREA PRODUCERS) CHARGE??

HOW MUCH ARE YALL ARTIST WILLING TO PAY???

(I AINT CHANGING MY TICKET JUST WANT TA KNOW...)

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
It all depends on how long you work on it and how much it's worth to the person that made it, and how much shit you've done. $250 is a cool price. The only problem is, a lot of cats try to sell shit in that range but they haven't done anything. I did my first album for $300 a track (including beat, mixing and mastering), and it wasn't a no name in the Bay that did it.

If cats are serious about their music though, and they want something nice, and they think what you have is nice, they shouldn't have a problem diggin' into their pockets. If they don't want to pay, they should download some off Soundclick or some shit and remain a star on the street they live on.

Apr 7, 2004
Most cats I run across Don't wont to spend shit to be honest even name brand artist. I told a cat with a name in the bay that I don't charge over 200 since my name is not buzzing and they tried to tell me that shit was to much. I hold on to most of my beats but I help one of potnas I meet out hear when I first moved to the bay. My prices range from 50-200 Depends on the quality feel me.

Jun 1, 2007
www.cdbaby.com
Its true even "NAMED" artists within the Bay Area region try to barter or cut a deal or even get the production for free. You would be surprised at how many supposed big name producers have given up production (which is their lively hood) for free. Most of those that give them beats/tracks up for free don't even chase down their publishing. Sad state on the business end.

http://www.cafepress.com/cococounty

Jun 1, 2007
www.cdbaby.com
Last time I heard rob lo and trax wonted a 1000 a track
I think that Rob Lo needs to get an Entertainment Lawyer or a Professional Beat Shopper on his team. He should be targeting Major Label artists daily. He is worth $5,000 to $20,000 per track with the right person Soliciting his craft. I have talked to him about this many times over the years.

I was pushing J.R. Rotem tracks back when he had Digital Platinum Entertainment at $300 a pop, and now look at that cat. He writes his own checks when it comes to his craft.

It comes down to how serious you get and if you are willing to turn away artists and money to get to the level of which you feel you deserve.

http://www.cafepress.com/kushshirts

Feb 8, 2003
If you just starting out you shouldnt charge shit(or less then a 100) bc usually you not gonna make shit until you build a body of work and a fanbase ten they run to you for service.

You cant just jump in the game charging $20,000 a beat right off the top. Its a business you work your way from the bottom to the top. price goes up with stock and value

J:M

Sicc OG
Feb 4, 2004
And you haven't even talked about points on an album, i know i know, that's a fantasy since no one in the bay sellin 100k. There's a gang of business/financial aspects that the regular dude just don't know/understand. Being able to come up with something decent by pushing keys on a midi keyboard is only half the battle. What happens if you sell that beat for $50, and it becomes the next single for the group that's going to BRING THE BAY BACK? 35 spins a week on KMEL, and all you got was $50? C'mon.

The bay hustles, and they gonna try to get anything on the cheap, including beats, mixing, and mastering. Shoot, I'd do the same.

FYI, got Warriors tickets for sale, lower bowl....see, HUSTLE!