How long does it take you to make a beat?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 22, 2004
I made a couple g's on rocbattle on the side tho. You can still sign up without the ssn. It's a good place to post your shit, you don't have to pay to be an exclusive member if you don't want to.

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
hella days. I hate most of my shit, until I hear it a billion times and pick the shit out of it apart. go back , change sounds, drums etc.. then mix , then remix, then delete and start all over again...
I got issues. . I aint made a beat i liked in months. .
Truth. That's what separates a good producer/beat maker from a bad producer/beat maker. You care about your music, you set very high standards for your creations. I'm the same way.

A lot of it has to do with mood. Capturing the magic, you know. If I do the same thing in the studio everyday, I won't get anywhere creatively. So, I have to be in a certain mood, once I'm in that certain mood, the beat creates itself, and then I have to push the envelope, and try things I normally don't do.

But yeah, the basic premises of a beat takes an hour on average, because at first I'm just finding the right sounds, and the right rhythm. But, the beat itself to finalization, takes days of tweaking it. So I might bang out 5 beats in a day, and then spend the next week tweaking them, and changing them. Drums are probably the most time consuming, and then adding additional percussion, and also transitions and break downs. I'm real picky about my drums.

I actually recently upgraded my kit, I went through about 2500-3000 one shots, and about 12 hours later, came out with 300 I kept.

So yeah, basic skeleton of a beat is an hour, finalization could be the rest of the day, or longer, or never.

May 2, 2002
www.straightvodkaent.com
damn usually it takes me about 10 minutes when i'm in that zone...25-30 tops. but unlike most cats i don't break mine down right away i just move on to the next one, i usally go back & break a bunch of em down on a sunday or something when i'm not feelin' too creative.