How is the Bay Back?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Doxx

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
strivin.com
El D said:
articles on XXL & The Source and he's on tha Cover of Murder dog magazine
Right on, I read about the Murder Dog one just now. And I knew about the XXL and Source shit, but dude said 40 was on covers which I took to mean that he was the cover feature on some shit (besides the Murder Dog one of course) and I thought I missed some cover features on 40. My bad.

Mar 12, 2006
truth be told said:
i never hear bay area music getting played where i live. How is it that you guys are back when you don't make any noise outside of your region? Alot of you live in the bay area and i know the bay is felt there but thats about the only place.

i aint trying to hate, i'm just wondering why do you keep hyping up the bay saying its blowing up and its back when your music is never played anywhere outside northern california and nobody knows about your artist?

e-40's new single is just 1 song and even that doesnt make noise in the eastcoast. The Game had a gang of hits that got played everywhere but did you see the Westcoast come back? no. 1 artist espcially an artist like e-40 who alot of people hate doesn't have the ability to blow ya up so why do u guys feel you've blow up. where are the record sales to prove it?
haha this fool....first off, come back in 6 months and you'll be all up on the bays dick, cuz we gunna be all over. The fact is record sales arent high enough cuz we are just to fuckin hard for the radio! our shit aint gettin played cuz people just aint feelin that gangsta shit 24/7 which we put out! You think record sales measure a persons talent these days?! fuck na you got people yellin laffy taffy and mike jones and goin platnum...

Nov 2, 2005
truth be told said:
i never hear bay area music getting played where i live. How is it that you guys are back when you don't make any noise outside of your region? Alot of you live in the bay area and i know the bay is felt there but thats about the only place.

i aint trying to hate, i'm just wondering why do you keep hyping up the bay saying its blowing up and its back when your music is never played anywhere outside northern california and nobody knows about your artist?

e-40's new single is just 1 song and even that doesnt make noise in the eastcoast. The Game had a gang of hits that got played everywhere but did you see the Westcoast come back? no. 1 artist espcially an artist like e-40 who alot of people hate doesn't have the ability to blow ya up so why do u guys feel you've blow up. where are the record sales to prove it?

Bay area music is gettin mad play in other regions...and not just 40!!(Keisha Cole for example:mama gets mad air and vid play)

Everyone keeps sayin, "the bay is back!!" cuz cats are hype that we are out there gettin a piece of the pie again...Why not get hype?!!

As long as we keep supportin our artist (not just rappers, but our music artists in general) we will continue to climb and succeed...Believe that.

There is ALWAYS going to be some1 that hates what another is doing...that is how success works..."dont worry if people talk about you, worry if they dont..."

Aug 20, 2005
who cares about nonfactors tryin to doubt or talk down on what the bay got going on... jus go out make a difference by that 40 album, if it hits gold within the month the bay is set for a big big 06/07 but first we need to prove to them suite n ties and lil jon that this shit sells records!!!!!! cuz it do

Nov 2, 2005
Go scoop that new 40 album if you havnt already...It slaps!!!

"Jumpin on top of ur scrape hella juiced...3 or 4 niggaz tryn cave in ur roof..."

Fuk bootleggin...I support my bay artists...do the same

Jan 24, 2006
truth be told said:

dude is right.

i love our music and the bay period, but to think we "back" is a overstatement. 40 getting a lot more press than he has ever got b4 and i hope it goes platnum but i wont be surprised if the only ppl slapin our shit is us.

keak, turf,the fed's, cityboyz, mess, JT the bigga figga, yuk, the team, ect...are some of the rawest rappers we have but i dont think folks outside the bay gonna understand. we probably get as far as vegas and sprinkled here and there but i wont be hurt if noboydy else listens.

THE BAY IS HERE ! IMO we aint never left. the world just stop listening.

can u dig it ?

kle

Sicc OG
Nov 22, 2005
YayAreaMacin said:
dude is right.

i love our music and the bay period, but to think we "back" is a overstatement. 40 getting a lot more press than he has ever got b4 and i hope it goes platnum but i wont be surprised if the only ppl slapin our shit is us.

keak, turf,the fed's, cityboyz, mess, JT the bigga figga, yuk, the team, ect...are some of the rawest rappers we have but i dont think folks outside the bay gonna understand. we probably get as far as vegas and sprinkled here and there but i wont be hurt if noboydy else listens.

THE BAY IS HERE ! IMO we aint never left. the world just stop listening.

can u dig it ?
You're right, the bay is here and its always gonna be here for us. But on a national level, if you are looking at the moves that Bay Area artists are making you cant help but think that we are back to the level of national success we had in the early 90's. Mistah F.A.B. to be signed, Keak to be signed, J.Valentine is signed, dont know what the situation is with The Team and Universal, and a segment on My Block: The Bay that hasnt even aired on regular MTV yet and theres already a buzz. This is something we didnt see in decade we left the national limelight. The Bay IS Back ... whether the haters like it or not.

Jul 12, 2002
We will have to see 40's sales in these first few weeks to see if the bay is back. It's not about where you getting played, what spot you are in the countdown. It's all about the sales so pick it up if you haven't copped it yet the sales will make or break this opportunity.

tweeze

East 27 mack e$O...
Jun 8, 2005
oaKlanD u.S.spray
truth be told said:

THIS GOTS TO BE BONE COLLCATORS GAY ASS FORM XXL MAG

NIGGA FUCK YA THOUGHTS WE BACK

HAVE A GOOD DAY HATER

Sep 30, 2005
Y'all get heated way too easily. What he said wasn't really no hater shit, even though it was misinformed. Bay music does get played outside of northern california. NYC or wherever you're from is not the world, you need to realize that. There's starting to be a lot of media hype on 40 and the so-called "hyphy movement" right now, there's some momentum going on, and we glad, it's that simple. You don't know how long we've been waiting for this. And Game might have gone multiple platinum, but he didn't really carry a movement on his back, that's why southern cali ain't cracking for now.