How do y'all feel about the L.A. "Jerkin" scene?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 28, 2003
www.twitter.com
***Gets ready to be shot at in every post***

I'm sure some of y'all know...but the main thing that all the teens and lil kids here in L.A. are doin now is Jerkin...it's a million songs that have "Jerk" in it, along with a few others, that they are lovin a whole lot out here.

Before anyone says it...it's OBVIOUS to everyone that it came straight from Hyphy...some of the dances themselves look a bit like Turfin, but the music itself seems to have a 70% Bay influence, along with a slight Tampa Bay sound...rap wise, a lot of the kids try to sound like Wayne, but most of them sound more like they are tryin to be The Pack. Ironically, the best rappers I'm hearin in the sound are the females....btwn Aeiress Ent, Pink Dollaz, and Vixen Ent., they are the only ones that really show any potential to me, even though they still sound very unpolished.

Personally, most of the older crowd seems to have mixed feelings, but we are cool with it overall. We know it's a fad, and if the music itself doesn't evolve, it's gonna die fast as hell. Most of us like the fact that youngsters are more eager to Jerk than to shoot and bang...that's the BEST part about it. Hard to look hard in skinny jeans, LOL, but that's what they are on, so fuggit.

It's definitely nothin at all that will "bring the West back," but the kids aren't even thinkin or carin about the West, L.A., or any of that...they're really all in it for the fun factor only. I can tell that kids nationwide are into it though, and part of the reason is because it's so accessible and not on some "West Coast shit!" like everything else we've had.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i heard the 'youre a jerk' song for the first time while getting gas and i went in my car and turned it up while i was pumping my gas and then skeeted out. i dont mind it. im not gonna be jerking or wearing tight fitting shit, but what am i supposed to do, tell young kids not to have fun and be dead serious?

im almost 30 and shit im tryna focus on my life..and my family...and my money...i like that kids express themselves instead of being afraid to do it, no matter what anyone says i believe in doing you...if you gravitate towards jerking i think thats great.

and one thing i think people get mixed up is living in LA aint all peaches and cream..even for the jerkers....not really...i run into shit just visiting LA much less living there..they still gotta walk to school in the gangbanging capital of the world..

Sep 30, 2008
the hoodstarZ have a song called jerk right? i heard it on the LA radio stations last week. its all california turfin , hyphy ! its the ONE WEST!!! im cool wit it. its for the youngins letem have fun! WHY HATE?

May 8, 2008
LMAO I'm lightway disgusted at how that damn dance done taking over the Bay so fast. The whole movement is really kinda fruity to me (plaid shirts & skinny jeans), but I'm positive that's what they was saying when hyphy was cracking so I can't be mad.

Jun 25, 2005
***Gets ready to be shot at in every post***

I'm sure some of y'all know...but the main thing that all the teens and lil kids here in L.A. are doin now is Jerkin...it's a million songs that have "Jerk" in it, along with a few others, that they are lovin a whole lot out here.

Before anyone says it...it's OBVIOUS to everyone that it came straight from Hyphy...some of the dances themselves look a bit like Turfin, but the music itself seems to have a 70% Bay influence, along with a slight Tampa Bay sound...rap wise, a lot of the kids try to sound like Wayne, but most of them sound more like they are tryin to be The Pack. Ironically, the best rappers I'm hearin in the sound are the females....btwn Aeiress Ent, Pink Dollaz, and Vixen Ent., they are the only ones that really show any potential to me, even though they still sound very unpolished.

Personally, most of the older crowd seems to have mixed feelings, but we are cool with it overall. We know it's a fad, and if the music itself doesn't evolve, it's gonna die fast as hell. Most of us like the fact that youngsters are more eager to Jerk than to shoot and bang...that's the BEST part about it. Hard to look hard in skinny jeans, LOL, but that's what they are on, so fuggit.

It's definitely nothin at all that will "bring the West back," but the kids aren't even thinkin or carin about the West, L.A., or any of that...they're really all in it for the fun factor only. I can tell that kids nationwide are into it though, and part of the reason is because it's so accessible and not on some "West Coast shit!" like everything else we've had.
Personally shits hella hella hella annoying but that is a really good point...

Nov 5, 2004
I see nothing wrong with youngsters being expressive and creative.

There's something wrong with adults hating on the youth though, when they were once that age.

Nov 7, 2008
I asked my little nigga weebo if the bgs and ygs jerkin and the nigga was dumbfounded

I heard a song on the radio, i seen some niggas in hollywood but didnt think it was gettin that big

Apr 23, 2006
some of those songs are slappin but im def. not with the whole dance movement

its cool though for them im just glad im not in highschool while the girl pants fad is happening lol

they got the formula down though... hot beats, easy cathy hook, wack dance lol maybe something good will happen for someone out there

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
I kinda dig it the style. It reminds me of Hyphy music, but without the drug stigma. I don't think its gonna expand past L.A though as far as influence is concerned...mainly because the music wasn't branded from the start like was Hyphy.

But with that said, I still think a few of those kids still could probably get a little internet following if they market themselves right.

Aug 6, 2008
im gettin too old 2 complain about every little stupid ass fad that comes out, but yes its stupid and lightweight gay but i aint trippin, let them kids do what they do

and lol @ skinny jeans

Jan 22, 2007
It is what it is....But just a lil' bit of advice: Tighten up the dance moves, loosen up the clothes and try to get as much as you can out of it (monetary/exposure wise) cause movements don't last but for so long.......

Apr 23, 2006
try to get as much as you can out of it (monetary/exposure wise) cause movements don't last but for so long.......
lol we already saw ya boy swoop in and try to capitalize off it

and his song still isnt as sick as the new boyz one... yah they have alot of room to grow but i think they could be factors if they progress