how come quinn aint on a major yet?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 24, 2006
Imonone said:
He was never signed too a major. Plus, unless your an idiot, you can see that Ross has major payola behind him. Like I said, I'm not hating on Quinn, he's just not major label material.
he was on Slip and Slide with Trick Daddy back when Bad Boys the movie came out and was on the song with Trina. Slip and Slide was a Def Jam label.

J:M

Sicc OG
Feb 4, 2004
Because that's what it is homie. Not trying to bring up conflict, but it's the same reason that in your post you have written "stuey dum". What does that mean? Hypothetical. It's the same gimmick words that's used to promote those gimmick artists/songs. How long did we actually think throwing up a T for Thizz would be cool, I thought 6 months max. Quinn is a savage and Bay veteran, he doesn't need gimmicks, but that's what "Mainstream" wants.

Oct 19, 2004
Imonone said:
Quinn was on a major 10 years ago ( Priority ). He's too old to be signed too a major, no hate, just telling it like the labels see it.
LMBAO!!!!!!!!! Do you really think age has anything to do with it? Quinn is 28 years old. Thats not old by any standards. Most of the rappers in the game are from 26 and up and all the top artist are over 30.

The reason I think why quinn aint signed to a major is because he's too regional. His sound is pretty much for the bay and when labels see that an artist can only have regional appeal (Especially if that region is the bay) they aint gon be quick to sign you. This is actually the problem with most of the artist in the bay. A lot of cats aren't willin to step outside the box and make good music instead of just makin good Bay music. Just my 2 cents. 100

Jan 7, 2006
trippin all you. quinn got major appeal. quinn got the brains to pull this shit off. when majors hear 'hell yeah' they know nigga could move units. matter of time and matter of effort. thast said, im sure dude moving enough local shit to make himself and his fam comfortable. if im a bay artist and im getting at 30 i aint trying to do much more. quinn solid individual not doubt that he bein smart and i'll by his independants until he feel like hanging them up like kevin mitchell.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
threefoe said:
LMBAO!!!!!!!!! Do you really think age has anything to do with it? Quinn is 28 years old. Thats not old by any standards. Most of the rappers in the game are from 26 and up and all the top artist are over 30.

The reason I think why quinn aint signed to a major is because he's too regional. His sound is pretty much for the bay and when labels see that an artist can only have regional appeal (Especially if that region is the bay) they aint gon be quick to sign you. This is actually the problem with most of the artist in the bay. A lot of cats aren't willin to step outside the box and make good music instead of just makin good Bay music. Just my 2 cents. 100
Nothin' wrong with making good "Bay Music"...if it catches regional attention, the majors are more likely to fuck with you because they have the money and the power to push you to the rest of the country. Nelly made music and blew up with the "St. Louis sound". Cats in the south made it with their sound, and they are still goin' hard. Quinn has it, but he's probably waiting for the right deal to come along. He has a diverse sound, all his stuff isn't Hyphy or gangsta or anything, he's a well rounded artist and knows what he deserves. Why fuck with a major who wants to change you when you can get independent money?

With Quinn appealing to Northern Cali, he is MORE LIKELY to get approached by a major...since they want to sign cats who have a following in their own backyard first.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
You don't have to be LL Cool
J to be on a mainsteam level. I think san Quinn with the right push would be big! Kinda like a west coast nas in the fact he can touch radio streets and politics and have some credibility in all those areas! 2007 quinns year!

Apr 1, 2007
sneeze***cough*** puke** yall kiddin .. truth be told quinn needs to blow the fuck up.it's a long time comin for this dude and the best come last.it bugs me out seein other people on the tv gettin shine.but in all factuality that dont mean shit..everybody knows deep down san muthafuckin quinn holds it down for the sco.he's a underground legand in his own right..when this fool gets his time it's gonna be somthin different on a cheif status

Apr 24, 2006
on some real shit, dude is taking care of his family, being a role model/great father to his kids, shakes the haters off like feathers in the wind and handles his business...some of y'all think that being on t.v. and getting signed to a major is EVERYBODY'S goal in this business. Some people get into it to be able to take care of themselves and their families and there aint nothing wrong with that. With that all being said, Quinn is gonna blow up somehow, whether it's rap, becoming a motivational speaker, whatever....cause if any of you know him on a personal level, there's too much he has to offer the world to let it be bottled up. And if it is music that gets him that worldwide recognition, then watch the fuck out cause it's gonna be ridiculous.

Feb 4, 2003
www.soundclick.com
nastyfresh21 said:
on some real shit, dude is taking care of his family, being a role model/great father to his kids, shakes the haters off like feathers in the wind and handles his business...some of y'all think that being on t.v. and getting signed to a major is EVERYBODY'S goal in this business. Some people get into it to be able to take care of themselves and their families and there aint nothing wrong with that. With that all being said, Quinn is gonna blow up somehow, whether it's rap, becoming a motivational speaker, whatever....cause if any of you know him on a personal level, there's too much he has to offer the world to let it be bottled up. And if it is music that gets him that worldwide recognition, then watch the fuck out cause it's gonna be ridiculous.
thats what it is!

Jul 22, 2004
www.donedealworld.com
ok here's MY 2 cents on this whole matter!

as far as regional artists: most of the whole south makes southern music and thats it.. and thats whats hot right now! the bay needs to stick to bay shit! and quinn's album is FAR FROM A BAY AREA album! we got a couple traxamillion beats and one rick rock but thats as close to bay area as u will hear!

we've had offers on the table... but when it comes to making a major move u need to make the smartest decision for yourself and your family in quinn's situation. look at every bay artist who signed to a major right now! who's album came out besides 40? but like i said we have options but if they dont wanna give us the right deal then FUCK EM...

quinn isn't too old! he's not even 30... we need 2 big singles to pop off and its over! thats how the game is right now... if u can stay independent but still have major money behind u then why the fuck would u wanna sign to a major????!

i'm done for now though, i'm a broken record talking to fans and people who think they're making rap a career.... if i can open a couple eyes to the truth i guess i did my job lol

Oct 19, 2004
Done Deal Kenny said:

as far as regional artists: most of the whole south makes southern music and thats it.. and thats whats hot right now! the bay needs to stick to bay shit! and quinn's album is FAR FROM A BAY AREA album! we got a couple traxamillion beats and one rick rock but thats as close to bay area as u will hear!

we've had offers on the table... but when it comes to making a major move u need to make the smartest decision for yourself and your family in quinn's situation. look at every bay artist who signed to a major right now! who's album came out besides 40? but like i said we have options but if they dont wanna give us the right deal then FUCK EM...

quinn isn't too old! he's not even 30... we need 2 big singles to pop off and its over! thats how the game is right now... if u can stay independent but still have major money behind u then why the fuck would u wanna sign to a major????!

i'm done for now though, i'm a broken record talking to fans and people who think they're making rap a career.... if i can open a couple eyes to the truth i guess i did my job lol
Some real shit said. Damn near what I was tryna say.

Jun 30, 2005

straight up. quinn makes that quality music, which is was alot of bay cats lack. listen to how solid the rock album is. one of the best bay albums, if not the best bay album of 06. quinn touched on everything with that album. hopefully his upcoming release will open some of your eyes and put yall up on some real shit. goin major aint the thing to do if the money aint right.