how come quinn aint on a major yet?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 11, 2006
right now, to me, Quinn is the truth in the bay. If he blows up, he will actually rep the bay the way it is supposed to be repped. it doesnt make sense to me that some other cats from the bay are getting major deals and he aint. he did sell the most cds independently in the bay in 2006, so how come he aint on a major? what do you think

Jan 7, 2004
I agree I dont know why but I do agree I have showed his music to people from all over the country and he is one of the few very few bay artist that everyone that listens to it wants to know more about him IMO he is one of, if not the best in the bay.

Apr 7, 2004
Quinn is Major...no matter about a label....he been mashing for years and is one of the best period....so to many of us he's always has been major...put him ona colab song with all the major players on these labels and he'll shine no doubt..

Apr 24, 2006
the_truth_ said:
I fuck with quinns music but i dont think he is that marketable in todays rapgame just my 2 cents tho.
he might not be like anyone else that is mainstream right now and when you think of how many people have become bubblegum rappers because of the labels, then you're right, cause i don't see Quinn changing up(which is a good thing for his fans), but when people hear his music and watch/read his interviews, i could see them being interested. He has a distinct voice that is like nobody else's and he can rap about almost any subject because he's been through a lot. He can get emotional on a track and then on the next one, rip a niggas head off, and then the next one, have the whole club movin.

Feb 1, 2006
QUINN will be REPPIN the BAY for 2007 - Its funny yall speaking on this - cause i was slappin quinn and thinkin dammn its gotta be his year. I have a feelin his next cd might be the one - But ya know we would love the sucess from Quinn but i would hate to see his style go mainstream and let corporate businesses fuck his shit up! Besides fuck a major he has his own shit DONE DEAL. Thats' major!!

Jan 23, 2007
Well maybe hes content with the amount of money hes pulling in without having to do tricks for a major...or maybe thats why they dont fuk with him cuz they know he is'nt going to be easily molded into the perfect bubble gum rapper wich every 8-12 y/o girl is going to fall in love with and buy every piece of crap merchandise they put his face on...Face it quinn is to much of a political and conscious rapper and majors dont want to deal with what kind of attention that may bring...they rather go with a d4l or another chingy ass rapper get they $$$$ and move on...just my 2 cents

Mar 4, 2006
I think he has to have been approached with offers. I would guess he's waiting for the right offer and/or situation. I know Jim Jones was interested in fucking with him and Jim Jones has a high position at one of the bigger labels I think Warner or something like that. Even if Quinn never ends up on a major he has paved the way for so many young Frisco artists.

J:M

Sicc OG
Feb 4, 2004
YAWN! Some people got it right, there's no mystery here folks. He isn't going to be signed to a major. The main reason that we like him is the main reason he ISN'T going to be signed. Same reason why I think Clyde is the closest to reach that goal of mainstream success, cause the females will spend money on his music. Can't say the same thing about Quinn, no matter how dope he is to us. The same questions has been raised before and the answers have been always the same. Why isn't Big Rich blowing up? I for one think he got skills, but c'mon, let's be serious. That question can be asked with (Insert Bay Artist Here) instead of Quinn's name and the answers would be the same.

Apr 24, 2006
Imonone said:
Quinn was on a major 10 years ago ( Priority ). He's too old to be signed too a major, no hate, just telling it like the labels see it.
how old do you thin Rick Ross is?...he's put out a bunch of albums but didn't hit mainstream success until last year.

Sep 17, 2006
He was never signed too a major. Plus, unless your an idiot, you can see that Ross has major payola behind him. Like I said, I'm not hating on Quinn, he's just not major label material.

Dec 12, 2006
C.M.P CEO said:
look out for lil quinn

mane thats sum stuey dum retarded shit, y is evrythin in the bay turnin into gimmicks just to push records, lil quinn, the hood surgeon, even all the Thizz ent shit, all gimmicks