How come KMEL stopped playing local artists?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 19, 2005
www.SacTownRadio.com
NO DISRESPECT BUT ITUNES = 3RD PARTY, IMO

KEEP UP THE HARD WORK!
No Disrepect..but

Since you want to give your opinion please tell me how the iTunes LINK on our website is a 3rd Party Application?? How can it be an application when you don't have to go to the Application Store? You don't download anything, it uses the built in quicktime player on the iphone...do you even know what a 3rd party app is??

May 21, 2006
90.5 the San Jose State Radio plays slaps.. its just depends when u listen to it.. i gave up on kmel like 5 years ago..

How come KMEL stopped playing local artists?

because they want to become as gay as 94.9, playing lady gaga and all that hot ass bullshit.
it feels like they need to downgrade.. i mean upgrade their logo. thats just me tho.

Bay Area's #2 Party Station:

Thank God for my ipod!

Mar 18, 2008
I don't mind Paying Kmel 106.1 or 94.9. Running up to all these dj and handing them your cd like you some sucka ass groupie is ridiculous. Here go the bread $2,700 for 1 month of spins round 40. I think they doin' me a favor. Besides just cause you got the bread tah make it happen if your song is crap they prob wont accept it until it meets a certain standard. So a lot of artists got the bread but aint got the quality. Once you got the quality then your song is aired if it don't crack then they gone pull it. If it crack then you it will prob spread to other stations. This should also make your job of gettin played on smaller stations easier. It's funny how some of you artists say fuck the radio it shows your lack of seeing the bigger picture. The more radio songs you have that are hits is like a retirement plan for musicians cause once you are no longer in the mainstream you can still get work as a performer on tour because you have radio songs that people remember. Digital Underground. Ugly Nigga will pay to get his song played on the radio "Ugly Nigga I love You" coming this summer. Cash in hand let me talk to the radio consultant I got the bread...let's make it happen and move forward.

Apr 7, 2004
I HEARD OF CATS PAYING AND SHIT BEFORE. BUT I BELIEVE IF THE SONG IS AS DOPE AS THESE CATS HYPE IT UP TO BE IT SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM GETTING IN ROTATION. IF IT'S THAT DOPE WHY WOULDN'T THE LISTENERS LIKE IT RIGHT?

Dz Nutts Radio

dznuttsradio.com
Jan 27, 2008
www.dznutts.com
youre right,my bag i mis read your statement! i have to give that one to you.....you dont need a third party app......but you need a third party and that is a third party "LINK"

not tryin to play bigger balls but im tryin to learn for myself aswell,
i appreciate your heads up & info! TY