HopSin Talks About Tech N9ne

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 11, 2008
www.nastynullities.com
Last Night, HopSin had a LiveStream show (http://livestream.com/hopsintv). There were plenty of Strange Music fans there so it was inevitable that the subject was going to be brought up.

I would love to hear a Tech N9ne and HopSin Collabo. Hop is Raw and I wouldn't expect anything less than sick from a Tech and Hop Collabo. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing Strange swoop Hop from Ruthless once his contract runs out. Strange needs to keep an eye on this kid.

Sorry bout the audio being funky. He said more, but I couldn't find the audio, if I do, I will post it later.

May 1, 2009
Hopsin is fuckin dope. Would love to hear Tech and Hop on a track. I think he would be a good canidate for Strange Music in the future. Gazing At The Moonlight was one of my faves this year along with K.O.D.

Jan 20, 2007
IamGilgamesh.guru
This dude sayin' he'd rather work with Kanye than Em OR Tech? He's broken. Dude was signed with my homie's label Rottin Musick WAY back in the day, since they were both from Phillie, and I hear bad things about dude's attitude. Think I Don't Know was a hot track tho, fasho.

ET23

Sicc OG
May 22, 2008
Hopsin is really dope.
"Gazing at the Moonlight" and "Haywire" are incredible. Would love to hear a collab with Tech,
still waiting on Stevie Stone/Hop collab though he said was gonna happen but not yet...

Oct 11, 2008
www.nastynullities.com
He said he wants to work with all of them. He didnt pick one over the other.
And even if he did, whats the big deal anyway? Despite Kanye's attitude and the joke people make him out to be, he obviously has talent and creativity both in production and rapping that Hop finds interesting.

Its easy to shine on a track w/ a bunch of sick rappers whose styles are similar already, whats hard is stepping out of that element and working with an artist from a different world. That shows ambition.

Jul 1, 2004
Hopsin is really dope.
"Gazing at the Moonlight" and "Haywire" are incredible. Would love to hear a collab with Tech,
still waiting on Stevie Stone/Hop collab though he said was gonna happen but not yet...
Speakin of Stevie, click the link in my sig to download The Countdown- HIMMI HYME Vol. 3.

Jan 20, 2007
IamGilgamesh.guru
And even if he did, whats the big deal anyway? Despite Kanye's attitude and the joke people make him out to be, he obviously has talent and creativity both in production and rapping that Hop finds interesting.

Its easy to shine on a track w/ a bunch of sick rappers whose styles are similar already, whats hard is stepping out of that element and working with an artist from a different world. That shows ambition.
Can't understand what you're sayin' with Hop's dick in your mouth.

Jan 20, 2007
IamGilgamesh.guru
Repeating what Hop is saying because you have a hearing problem and then saying he has ambition makes me a dickrider??

I'm not the one rubbed the wrong way over an artist's prefrence to work w/ someone else over Tech N9ne and Eminem.

:cheeky:
No, you're the one rubbed the wrong way about someone speakin' down on your idol and unable to present an original thought and instead repeating someone else's words. Way to be Captain Role Model.

Oct 11, 2008
www.nastynullities.com
No, you're the one rubbed the wrong way about someone speakin' down on your idol and unable to present an original thought and instead repeating someone else's words. Way to be Captain Role Model.
Excuse me for presenting the other side of a situation. I was trying to be reasonable and respectful; as I always do. At least I spoke politely and without sarcasm and didn't have to resort to some childish cock-in-your-mouth-joke to make a point.

Oct 11, 2008
www.nastynullities.com
It would be EASY to shine on a track with Tech and Em? Id say that would be a major test to outshine them on the same track...
You're absolutely right. I guess I phrased that wrong. I was thinking perhaps it would be more of a personal challenge to step outside of your own style and element than to stay within it. Besides, I didn't say it wouldn't be hard to outshine Eminem and Tech, I just think it would be easier for him to fit in with them since hes already seems to get smushed in the same genre as those artists.

Damn, I guess I don't know how to get my point across the right way. lol

Jan 20, 2007
IamGilgamesh.guru
I like the size it is now, but it inevitably will continue to grow.
Not really. Psychopathic is one of the most successful indie rap labels. They haven't had a roster over like six or seven pretty much EVER. Sub Noize isn't AS successful, although close, and they have a roster like five TIMES bigger. Strange doesn't NEED to get much bigger at all. In fact it prolly shouldn't. Cuz most of the people they could reasonably afford to sign on, wouldn't help them make more than they normally would.

Killa C runs Graveplott promo on his own, or atleast used to. So Strange didn't lose much on that promo. Prozak runs a lot of his own game, especially cuz he caters to horrorcore more than Tech. Kutt and Krizz just ride along with what Tech does. Under his shadow. Not to speak down on'em, they're great at what they do, but they're his hypemen. Skat and Snug left cuz they weren't getting enough promo. Ill Bill left cuz his shit was taking too long. The cats really worth signing know they're worth more than being Tech's side project.

Which isn't shittalking, its just realistic. Same reason Bizarre worked through another label instead of Shady. So he'd be the focus. Tech and Travis SHOULD focus on Tech, he's the biggest money maker. Psycho + Logicaly has continued to grow bigger and bigger, and only cuz it focuses more and more on Necro, cuz he's the big seller. He's helped others out, but as soon as it brings down the Necro success, its not worth it. Cuz he's bigger than them.

Point being, big rosters are neither necessary nor inevitable. There's more money on focusing on proper artists. That's why even on major labels a lot of people get signed with a smaller label, like J Core or whatever, then they get refined, touched up, and IF they sell, then they might move up on the chain. That and they can eliminate competition by signing them, but keeping them smalltime.

Besides, haven't you noticed that pretty much everyone signed to Strange are people that Tech is personally cool with and usually atleast somewhat previously established? I had heard of almost every act ever to be on Strange before they were signed. Not all, but most. Maybe when Hop starts doing national tours and does one opening for Tech, but til then, its like saying Tech should sign me. It'd be nice for me, but completely unrealistic til I've accomplished a hell of a lot more.

May 1, 2009
Thats why I think he would be a good future candidate for Strange or just someone Strange should keep there eye on if they do really like his music which none of us know. See what he does for the next few years on his own or with Ruthless. See how much exposure, sales, tours, fans he gets first. Then after that if they like what they see then maybe sign him if they still like him and like the direction hes going in and think both sides can benefit and make money. Dude is definitely talented, has some dope shit and has potential. I think he can bring something new and different to the game and is better than most of today's younger rappers.