HDMI Cables?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 7, 2003
how does a cable not last that long. its plugged in and sends electronic signals. i dont understand how it cant last as long. maybe the wire has some sort of metal or copper that detriates over time..............

RB20

Sicc OG
Aug 22, 2003
fRESH88 said:
my counter argument is u like to blow the guys at best buy to get ur facts. im not gonna argue it cuz i know a 10 dollar cable wont last as long a high quality one. simple as that.

I odnt even know why I or other people even bother to respond to your idiotic, failed attepts at an arguement. Sure you get what you pay for translate well to SOME things. Like I wont buy a Duraband head unit from Wal Mart. There is a reason they cost a fraction of the cost of what even a basic Sony Xplod deck cost. However on something as basic as a wire and how it trasmits a signal, more exspensive is not always better.

I am telling you from PERSONAL experience. Not what some undertrained, underpaid, gotta meet the sales goal for the day Best Buy employee feeds me to get me to buy the moster cables.

I have used cheap and exspensive cables of all types and they both perform their intended duties on the same level. besides, who the fuck moves their cables enough to have them break? Since I have had my cheap HDMI cable it has moved all of twice. taking it out of the box, plugging it in. Then unplugging it when I moved. Its not like I am moving that shit on a daily basis.

Now, what you did was let some Best Buy guy feed you that BS and you go spend 100 on some speaker wire. Thats your dumb ass fault

Apr 25, 2002
Here's a question. I had my digital cable (HD receiver) hooked up to my LCD TV through the shitty component cables that Comcast provided and then I switched to HDMI just to free up a component set for my 360 and Ps2 and I couldn't tell a difference between the component and HDMI. Is that pretty typical? Is HDMI any better than component?

Mar 5, 2006
fRESH88 said:
my counter argument is u like to blow the guys at best buy to get ur facts. im not gonna argue it cuz i know a 10 dollar cable wont last as long a high quality one. simple as that.

then why did u make this thread? if ur just gonna go buy a $50 doller cable.

Jan 5, 2006
HDMI is digital, it either works or it doesnt. MONSTER is not the standard, youre just paying for their advertising and packaging. You want nice packaging go for it, or if you just want something that will work, you can get them pretty much any generic brand.. make sure theyre HDMI certified and that the company has an office in the US and not overseas so that you have someone to contact and dont have to deal with customs if something goes wrong and you have to send your shit overseas.

If you need one let me know.. i get 65% discount, ill hook people up on home theatre shit or whatever.

Jun 15, 2005
I went ahead and bought the shit off of monoprice...thanks for the suggestions.

Copped 2 HDMI cables and 1 DVI/HDMI cable, shipped for $18. Can't hate on that.

May 3, 2002
enserio said:
I went ahead and bought the shit off of monoprice...thanks for the suggestions.

Copped 2 HDMI cables and 1 DVI/HDMI cable, shipped for $18. Can't hate on that.
perfect.. you'll see theres no difference and u saved money. Let the stupid be stupid. :ermm:

Incar

Sicc OG
Sep 28, 2002
how many inches before you should get a tv that is 1080p? if I get a 32 or 37 at 720p well i be able to tell the difference?

May 4, 2002
my friend just got a ps3 and payed 100+ for his HDMI cables (he didnt even know that his tv had hdmi) , i just laughed at him.this motherfuck can get talked into buyin anything a best buy mark tells him to buy. its like the HD TV cables he bought for 150 and he doesnt even have the fuckin comcast box to support HD, and he isnt willing to pay 10 bucks more for the box...

May 3, 2002
Incarceraided said:
how many inches before you should get a tv that is 1080p? if I get a 32 or 37 at 720p well i be able to tell the difference?
People say around a 50" its where you can start telling the difference.. i have a 56" JVC 720P and it was next to a 60" Sony 1080P and i didnt see the difference and it wasnt worth the price to go higher. So definately anything in the 30"s 720p is fine.. people make such a big deal about it.. i really only see 1080p a must if you have a projector or something really big.

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
SANDMAN said:
People say around a 50" its where you can start telling the difference.. i have a 56" JVC 720P and it was next to a 60" Sony 1080P and i didnt see the difference and it wasnt worth the price to go higher. So definately anything in the 30"s 720p is fine.. people make such a big deal about it.. i really only see 1080p a must if you have a projector or something really big.
I'm guessing they didn't have a true 1080P signal hooked up to it? There isn't much media optimized for 1080P. Either way, most still couldn't tell the difference.