Ha they hosed the Angels

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 29, 2004
He signaled out? How is that right? If he wouldn't have signaled out, I think some of the Angel players may have advised Paul to throw the ball down to third....

That ump needs fired....You can't signal one thing and let something else happen....

Nov 1, 2004
2-0-Sixx said:
It was a good call and good win for the Sox imo.

But regardless if you agree with the call or not the blame should be on the gAngles for running to the dugout and not tagging dude out.

This is the truth, Im already sick of angels fans whining over this shit when in reality it was their team that fucked up big!

Jan 29, 2005
Hoosier said:
He signaled out? How is that right? If he wouldn't have signaled out, I think some of the Angel players may have advised Paul to throw the ball down to third....

That ump needs fired....You can't signal one thing and let something else happen....

the ump never said out he just called it a strike.. the fist he made is how he calls strikes

Apr 25, 2002
The ump didn't say OUT. Josh Paul had his back to the umpire the entire time so it doesn't matter what the ump did with his hands. Blame Josh Paul don't blame the ump.

Dec 29, 2004
The ump did the same thing on every other strike out through the game, so if this one was so different why didn't he change his signal?

A motion for strike and motion for out should never be the same...

That's not it though, that ball never hit the ground....

Umps fucked it up....

Dec 29, 2004
Why would he tag the runner out if he caught the ball? Doesn't make sense....This shit is too fishy for it to be a justified call and play....I know Woodie Paige on ESPN agrees with me....I'm not an Angel fan by no means, I would like to see them win. To see something like this happen to any team, especially in the playoffs, is just horrible.

You hear the ump trying to explain the situation? He knew he fucked up....

THE MOTION DOES MATTER, you can't just okie doke the other 8 players on the field by making the same signal you have all night for strike out , then let the runner just run down to first like nothing happened...

Dec 29, 2004
I guess anytime this guy is umping a game the first baseman should apply a tag to the baseruner just in case....

Oh yeah, The ref made a great call in that old Patriots vs. Raiders game, cuz Tom Brady was indeed throwing the ball or whatever he said....

May 9, 2002
TEH UMP WAS CONSISTANT THE WHOLE GAME WITH HIS "PUMP FIST" STRIKE 3 CALLS...THEY SHOWED THE VIDEO OF HIM USIN THE SAME MOTION FOR OTHER STRIKE 3 CALLS...

THATS HEADS UP SHIT BY A.J.....REMEMBER...HES A CATCHER...HE KNOWS WHAT HES DOIN....THAT BOY FOOLED ERRYBODY!!!!

Apr 25, 2002
pfunk said:
aj pierzynski said he heard the ball bounce and then hit the mitt whice is bullshit
Ha yea he's talkin out his ass...He claims he heard the ball hit the ground yet he didn't hear the ump because it was "too loud". I didn't watch the game but how could a stadium full of White Sox fans be that loud when they thought AJ just struck out and the game was going to extra innings?

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
Hoosier said:
THE MOTION DOES MATTER, you can't just okie doke the other 8 players on the field by making the same signal you have all night for strike out , then let the runner just run down to first like nothing happened...

Yeah he gave his strike out signal....because AJ STRUCK OUT!!! That doesn't mean he's out when the ball hits the ground. In a close judgement call you can't say one way or another that it should have been called a clean catch or not.

I still think the ball got a piece of the ground. If it didnt, that's the closest it could ever come to hitting the dirt. For the next 50 years Angel fan is going to think its a clean catch and Sox fan will think it hit the dirt. Thats life.

Maybe there should be a universal "live ball" signal which he should have used after he called the strike out. Or maybe all judgement calls in baseball should be reviewable....oh wait....thats EVERY CALL.

The Angels were half way off the field before the ump even made a signal. So maybe you make sure the play is over before you chuck the ball back to the mound and sprint to the dugout.

I didnt even see the play live because i put my head down when i saw AJ strike out...I thought it was in the dirt and the catcher would tag him out. But I assumed wrong and so did Josh Paul.

Im just glad that bonehead isn't on our squad anymore.

It was unfortunate that the game ended like that, but the umps are human and they make mistakes. Everyone needs to move on though...this was only game 2...each team still needs to win 3 out of 5. I know every game counts but we have 5 left. It's going to be a helluva series and I'm ready for it to continue tonight. I got my 12 pack of old style on ice and i'm ready for a great game 3.

May 9, 2002
techn9nehq said:
I didnt even see the play live because i put my head down when i saw AJ strike out...I thought it was in the dirt and the catcher would tag him out. But I assumed wrong and so did Josh Paul.
THATS JUST IT....HE MUSTA THOUGHT THE BALL DID NOT HIT THE GROUND...THUS HIM NOT TAGGIN HIS ASS FOR INSURANCE...WHEN A.J. REALIZED THIS...HE RAN TO FIRST...HEADS UP PLAY...STILL A BAD CALL ON THE UMPS PART...

Apr 25, 2002
Bad calls happen... But if this was a bad call it was a bad call that Josh Paul could have done something about... But he didn't because he was careless and not paying attention... AJ was paying attention... Heads up play by AJ... Complete opposite by Paul.