Ha they hosed the Angels

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 29, 2004
Every other strike out call through the game he made the same signal for out, none of them hit the ground. Why would you have the same motion for strike 3 you're out and strike 3 the ball hit the ground? The ump messed up and he knows it. ..

The ump said he needed to change the way he signals the strike outs....

Why would you tag a runner if the ball never hit the ground?

Apr 25, 2002
Hoosier said:
Why would you tag a runner if the ball never hit the ground?
Because the batter wasn't out after swinging.

Paul didn't turn and see any signal. He also didn't hear "out" called because the ump never said he was out. He should have realized that there was no "out" call and tagged the batter.

What the ump says goes and you don't just assume that the ump sees every play correctly. Especially in the bottom of the 9th in a playoff game.

Jun 18, 2004
#1...Fuck the Angels, I want the ChiSox to win.
#2...Looked like a blown call to me...I thought he caught it.
#3...Umps can call strike three on a pitch in the dirt, and it is an out, until the batter makes an attempt to first base, in which case the batter must be tagged or thrown out.
#4...Josh Paul fucked up...A.J. took advantage...play over.

I just hope this doesn't make people want instant replay in baseball. I couldn't believe when Tim Mcarver said "we need replay." Fuck that shit...replay has no place in baseball, and Mike Socia said it after the game...Maybe for close foul ball/HR calls, but not for other shit. The umpire having the final word is what is so tight about baseball. I used to argue with my father about bad calls and he would always say the tightest shit...he would say, "You know how I know the guy was out? Because the umpire said so."

Dec 29, 2004
This is my last point because the Angels already lost game 3 so it's irrelevant.

The ump made the same motion he did for strike out all night, he's got to change something. I don't think the ump had any idea the ball hit the dirt(which it did not) until he seen Pierzynski running down to first.

The ump having the final word is what fucked that game up...He was confused just like everyone else.

Why would you tag a batter out if you caught the strike 3 pitch? You never expect a ump to fuck up that bad...

If pierzynski would have never ran to first, nobody would have ever argued and said he should have ran to first, it would have never been brought up...

Jun 18, 2004
Hoosier said:
Why would you tag a batter out if you caught the strike 3 pitch? You never expect a ump to fuck up that bad...
Why? Because of exactly what happened...And you should always expect the ump to fuck up, that's why it's easier to just lay a tag on the guy and be sure, rather than toss the ball away, and lose the game.

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
It was funny watchin the interviews after the game and after the next day's practice. AJ really pulled a fast one but he runs too damn slow)

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
714KaliHydro said:
Another bad call by the ump. Finley hit the catchers glove..should have been bases loaded with one out.
This just isn't our series.

It's like MLB does not want us in the WS.
Yeah keep blaming the umps for bad calls instead of lookin at Vlad, Anderson, Figgans and Molina for only having one fucking hit the entire series.

I laugh at people who say baseball is a rigged game. If that's the case we'd be watching NY v. Boston right now.

May 6, 2002
techn9nehq said:
Yeah keep blaming the umps for bad calls instead of lookin at Vlad, Anderson, Figgans and Molina for only having one fucking hit the entire series.

I laugh at people who say baseball is a rigged game. If that's the case we'd be watching NY v. Boston right now.
Ya, our key spots have slumped. I didn't say the umps are making us lose. The Angels aren't playing good ball.

Does that mean I should overlook your lead off runner get caught stealing twice and called safe? Both scoring a run.
Does that mean I should overlook the fact that your catchers glove interfered with the play which would have been bases loaded?
Seeing what I saw in game two with what the umps did (even though we could have prevented it).
The White Sox mathematically having the easiest season schedule in all of baseball.

Am I supposed to root for the sox? Hell no...

Apr 25, 2002
The White Sox are getting call after call after call... It's absurd.

I don't think the Angels would have won anyway, Vlad carries the team and he ain't doing shit... But still...

May 6, 2002
G-Dubb said:
The White Sox are getting call after call after call... It's absurd.

I don't think the Angels would have won anyway, Vlad carries the team and he ain't doing shit... But still...
Exactly, I am not blaming the umps. We wouldn't have won this game anyways, but having this happen this whole series just adds to the frustration.

Not onlt do we have to beat a tough White Sox team, but it seems lie we have to beat the umps also.