Good Book to Movie Adaptions

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

CyrusTheVirus

thats just my ghost
Oct 31, 2002
legendary
I can't think of any that haven't been named.

But here's to hoping Where The Wild Things Are is great.
I was gonna start a thread regarding that.... search function is a great thing.

That book was my jam years and years ago... I saw the preview for that movie and hope they don't fuck it up. I don't remember the book being very long and I also forgot most of what it was about which is sad because I must have been over that thing over a 100 times.

Anyways we can still hope...

May 27, 2009
Runaway Jury. Actually most of John Grisham's books that were turned to movies did the books justice.

This won't make any sense, but I also like the Bourne series. The books and the movies have nothing in common except the main character's name, and a general concept (trained assassin looses his memory), but I thought they were both great as 2 separate stories.

The Cross series by James Patterson turned into some pretty good movies with Morgan Freeman (Kiss the Girls, Along came a spider, I think there was another one).

Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan series had one or two decent movies. I liked Patriot Games.

big D

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
Malcom X movie by Spike Lee was way the fuck off in certain parts and comes nowhere near matchin g how great of a book Alex Haley's novel was but I still enjoyed it.
I agree...the movie was good, but the book was incredible. There was alot of stuff i was hoping to see in the movie.

That's my vote right there...prob the best book to movie adaption i've seen.

I disagree with Lord of the Flies...the book was awesome and the movie was pretty lame.