Good Book to Movie Adaptions

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 7, 2006
blade RUnner

ndrei Tarkovsky's Solaris

Lolita

Fight Club

A Clockwork Orange

Jules et jim

Terminator

no country for old men

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
95% of all the movies they made out of Stephen Kings books suck big time! One of my fav books is The Last Stand and what they made out of that was pure trash...

Apr 25, 2002
I see you guys say Carrie ,The Shining ,and It and i have to laugh....The books were so much better and they so raped a lot of important stuff from the book to translate it to film....While those were good movies they arent a very good example of adaptations of his books.....The Green Mile,Shawshank Redemption,and Stand by me were all better and the only 3 true good adaptations off his books

May 30, 2006
I read a interview in Fangoria where Stephen King said he was pissed off at the outcome of the Shning and Carrie....Tragic Losses makes a very solid point but no film is better then the book so although those didn't come close to matching the actual book they were still good movies IMO.....Malcom X movie by Spike Lee was way the fuck off in certain parts and comes nowhere near matchin g how great of a book Alex Haley's novel was but I still enjoyed it.

Feb 17, 2006
A Clockwork Orange as a movie was still enjoyable, but it left much out of the book i would have appreciated seeing. being chosen for the Ludovico's technique based off of his bad behavior (book) and not his good behavior (movie). The 21st chapter. Confrontation with the professor, and then later again at the library..... and i wanted more nadsat!!

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
American Psycho is pretty good...although nothing takes reading this paragraph in the book.

Roughly I push my cock back into her and bring myself to an orgasm so weak as to be almost nonexistent and my groan of a massive but somewhat expected disappointment is mistaken by Courtney for pleasure and momentarily spurs her on as she lies sobbing beneath me on the bed, sniffling, to reach down and touch herself but I start getting soft almost instantly – actually during the moment I came – but if I don't withdraw from her while still erect she'll freak out so I hold on to the base of the condom as I literally wilt out of her. After lying there on separate sides of the bed for what might be twenty minutes with Courtney whimpering about Luis and antique cutting boards and the sterling silver cheese grater and muffin tin she left at Harry's, she then tries to give me head. "I want to fuck you again," I tell her, "but I don't want to wear a condom because I don't feel anything," and she says calmly, taking her mouth off my limp shrunken dick, glaring at me, "If you don't use one you're not going to feel anything anyway."