gone abroad?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 31, 2002
lol when i was in brasdil everyone thought i was from spain or argentina coz all my screw ups were to spanish i speak portuguish but lemme tell u man- pegar in portuguese is catch, not hit, so i got so confused one day with the three languages that i said in english, "i need to hit a bus." falo is hablo, praia is playa, cerveja iz cerveza. muito is mucho and oito is ocho. get that stuff down, you'll be ok. its the pronunciation thats kinda funky. they swear RR makes an "h" sound..whatever.

Jul 31, 2002
autistic said:
Yeah I can translate that too. She says she went to Brazil so she could learn Portuguese, drink beer, and have threesomes with guys named Salvador that sell gelatos across the world while she plays Brazilian hip-hop.
lmao

Apr 25, 2002
Portuguese is so much more enjoyable to speak. Especially Brazilian Portuguese. Conjugations are sooooooo much easier. Sounds much cooler than Spanish too. I wish I would have taken Portuguese earlier in life and more of it.

Rio is pronounced more like He-yo and de is more like gee

Jul 31, 2002
dunno, the fellas still like spanish more.. haha.. but well, i grew pretty fond of the sound of it while i was there. some hip hop from brazil sounds tough as hell. hip hop there is still raw, breakin and grafitti are still united. it not being commercially dominant does something to preserve its purity. i even came across some blaxploitation era soul/funk from brazil. i think just being perpetually beer buzzin for 2 months helped me learn a lot. i highly recommend. miami bass in he-yo gee janeido. lol.

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
So if your not gonna post in the NW forum anymore or link me to that thread lemme know why you decided to drop out?

Jul 31, 2002
umm if your too lazy to look for a thread authored by me, then umm, no. and its not that i "dropped out," just ain't nothin really goin down, and the adios was to the region because i am moving, not the region of music.