Gas Prices Rising!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 17, 2004
2-0-Sixx said:
I agree that prices are higher in other places, but you should keep in mind that most areas in the US have very shitty transportation systems. Most of europe on the other hand actually has a much better system.

Also, you're statement about the US having the cheapest gas besides the OPEC countries is false.

OPEC consists of Algeria, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Venezuela.

According to CNN:

AUSTRALIA $2.63
CAMBODIA $2.57
TAIWAN $2.47
GEORGIA $2.31
LAOS $1.66
THAILAND $1.60
CHINA $1.54
CHINA $1.48
RUSSIA $1.45
KAZAKHSTAN $1.36
KAZAKHSTAN $1.35
TAJIKISTAN $1.32
AZERBAIJAN $1.15

And that's only a partial list, CNN didnt offer all countries.

The highest gas prices are in Europe (mostly northern europe) and that's due to very high gas taxes (fuel tax) that goes straight to the government. The have these high taxes to try to force reduced traffic, pollution, more fuel efficient cars, etc. If it wasn’t for the tax implemented by these governments, they would be paying the same or less than what we pay.
True, but it's up to the people to request better public transportation, and that will only happen when gas is too expensive, or will the people just bitch and moan about gas prices still because they wanna drive their SUVs around?

My bad about the statement but if you take a closer look, half the countries on that list have close relations with OPEC countries not to mention they are adjacent to OPEC countries. But none-the-less it could be a lot worse my advice is buy an economy car that gets 50 MPG as opposed to the 17-19 MPG you get with your average car and that alone will more than make up for the difference in the rising gas prices.

Jun 17, 2004
The future of auto-engineering is going to be a lot different and it's already changing drastically as people don't want to rely on gasoline. Where it's going some 30 years from now is something like vintage gas for vintage cars, we will no longer rely on gasoline for all transportation... but all that really depends on is the oil companies and their influence in auto-engineering, if it weren't for them we would all have cars that get close to 100 MPG... the technology to get that kind of fuel efficiency was developed more than 20 years ago and it's actually pretty simple, the average person just doesn't understand.

Aug 4, 2002
This whole gas thing is all a trick by the government. Their is no shortage of gas, the hurricaine doesn't REALLY have shit to do with gas prices going up, and whatever reasons that gas was going up to begin with are bullshit too. The media can write all the stories, reports, etc. about w/e the fuck they wanna say is causing the high gas prices. The truth is, the government controls the media, the media controls everyone else who accepts being force-fed the bullshit they give you. The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer, so gas prices will keep rising. The hurricaine is just an excuse to raise the price up drastically to get more fast money, and some people don't see that.

REAL TALK

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

mrskrilla said:
This whole gas thing is all a trick by the government. Their is no shortage of gas, the hurricaine doesn't REALLY have shit to do with gas prices going up, and whatever reasons that gas was going up to begin with are bullshit too. The media can write all the stories, reports, etc. about w/e the fuck they wanna say is causing the high gas prices. The truth is, the government controls the media, the media controls everyone else who accepts being force-fed the bullshit they give you. The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer, so gas prices will keep rising. The hurricaine is just an excuse to raise the price up drastically to get more fast money, and some people don't see that.

REAL TALK

We gotta fund this war somehow....

Jun 27, 2003
K.C.Assassin said:
Whats up fam where you at in Seaside Cali,yeah out there shit is already higher than the Midwest because when I stayed in Seaside I remember Happy meals at M D's was like 2 or 3 bucks more than in K.C.
sup foo, nah.. right now im in b.more the 410 but my folks still out on San Pablo in the Side nah mean. Im finna be getting back tho to finish off College, but yeaa shit is higher out there..

Here in B.more the prices done came down pretty nicely, I filled up yesterday at 1.79 a gallon

Nov 2, 2003
Jae iLL said:
sup foo, nah.. right now im in b.more the 410 but my folks still out on San Pablo in the Side nah mean. Im finna be getting back tho to finish off College, but yeaa shit is higher out there..

Here in B.more the prices done came down pretty nicely, I filled up yesterday at 1.79 a gallon
Thats hella cheap out there fam I think I need to come out there to fill up yadadimean.

Jul 21, 2004
I don't get why...if new orleans infastructure has been demolished...and the daily gas distribution is no longer part of a regular rotation, but instead rerouted for the rebuilding process...why would an increase of oil surge be needed from other countries? They haven't truelly assess the magnitude of the distruction to fully comprehend the amount needed to rebuild new orleans to justify the price increase. If power to run Louisiana is out, what happens to the "power" to run the whole state? I'm a bit confused....why it would cost more to rebuild when the state's existing power contracts is only delayed by US government and oil companies...Doesn't running the whole state cost more then the rebuilding process?

May 4, 2002
do people know there is no such thing as a gas shortage in USA? im not sure everone understands this! are people really that fucking stupid? im guessing since everyone is paying the prices they are really that fucking stupid

Jul 21, 2004
The US can not police the whole world. The world population is 6.5 billions while the US is only 296 million...Would you step on to the plate with those odds?

That’s brave of you to inform people not everyone in the US is like Bush. Bush is going against half the country when he went to war to fight for “democracy and terrorism”. These words should not be the reasons…there should have been the international community to declare any war….NOW a larger spectrum of hate for the US has been devised. Countries are disgusting for any government to place any young person’s life in a war they can’t possibly understand. This government is doing what Suddam Hussein and other “terrorist” group forced on their people. This government is totalitarian and a dictatorship. Democracy does not go against half its people.

Since WWII, corporations have strategically controlled the US government. With the vast need to arm the country during WWII, small companies found out arming the military procured huge wealth. Since then, corporations have placed individuals in government positions. There is no valid reason for any country to go into Iraq except to gain the number one raw material: OIL. You can’t have ships, plane, tanks, or nuclear weapon, and machine making weapon without oil. You need to flex power to fear power. The US used 9/11 to push the country to war for the biggest prize for any military country…whoever has the most oil IS the biggest threat on earth; when the US position themselves in Afghanistan the US set-up a precedence of their agenda for “democracy” (a cover). You know how men play chess? They think passed the first move…well the US gov.corporations is doing it right now. The only tone which the US is presenting to the world is their greed and a blatant disregard for their own people’s democratic voting system

May 10, 2004
WT SAVAGE said:
do people know there is no such thing as a gas shortage in USA? im not sure everone understands this! are people really that fucking stupid? im guessing since everyone is paying the prices they are really that fucking stupid

How do you know this? I'm not bein a smart ass or nuthen but just asking...I heard if everyone didn't buy from the major gas suppliers(like exxon mobile whoever the fuck else) for one day then they would lose all kinds of money and the prices would go back down....but then again that is a far fetched idea since that type of organization wont happen until gas hits $7-10 a gallon and even then who knows what would happen......