Game makers strike back at used game market

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 12, 2010
they want more people to buy the game and not re-sell...stop making fucking sequels every 10-12 months then. why the fuck should I pay $60 for a game when its obsolete in less then 300 days with a newer version? they should be happy people sell to used game stores so we can buy the newest version.

they try to stop the selling of used games it will only lead to less people buying newest version.
that and the downloadable content coming out within the first 30 days drives me nuts. that just tells me the developers were rushed to get the game out by the specific date and the game wasnt done yet. the biggest ones i can think of are the dragon age origins and dantes inferno. you already bought the game the downloadable content should be free if your attached to the on-line gaming community. the dantes inferno one pisses me off alot because supposively the D.L.C adds a multi-player element to the game which in my opinon totally changes the game

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
IF you think you should be paying for DLC you are a fuckwit or a 90's baby that is used to that shit. Multiplayer has always come with games and been FREE. This goes to show how fucking greedy they are by releasing shit a month or two after and calling it an addon.

Soon they will charge us for patches to fix their broke fucking game

And to the used game market, has anyone ever found it funny a place like EB will buy the game for say, $20 then resell it for $35? You are better off selling it on ebay for $30, that way you get +rep & more money.

Mar 12, 2010
IF you think you should be paying for DLC you are a fuckwit or a 90's baby that is used to that shit. Multiplayer has always come with games and been FREE. This goes to show how fucking greedy they are by releasing shit a month or two after and calling it an addon.

Soon they will charge us for patches to fix their broke fucking game

And to the used game market, has anyone ever found it funny a place like EB will buy the game for say, $20 then resell it for $35? You are better off selling it on ebay for $30, that way you get +rep & more money.
you are preaching to the choir on paying for D.L.C. and when they start making people pay for fixing their fuckin mistakes you heard it from me first i will give up my life long addiction to video games

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
GAME STOP BLOWS! i went in there looking for resident evil 5 used and they had it for 25.00 without the original case or manual and the new one was 6.00 dollars more..... plus they rape you on trade-in values....they determin what amount to give you based on if people want it...i hate going there to buy a game at full retail and then trade it in 2 weeks later and not even getting a third of my money out of it.....and we as gamers support this garbage? gamers unite lets boycott the shit out game stop's globally....

as far as the industry goes fuck them, they decide to sell a game at a certain price, the consumer buys it and owns it and is free to resell or trade as desired....

i have downloaded off PSN mainly for my psp go...love how sony wont issue digital copies of things i have already bought for the original psp..they expect me to buy shit twice?

DLC half the time isnt worth what you pay, dantes inferno for example ( dark forest dlc ) 6.00 for a shitty level that plays for 5 minutes...not all DLC is the same though sometimes its worth while ( call of duty map packs etc )

i look at it like this... the gaming industry will always try and get more and more out of what they create, it costs buku money to create games and to operate/maintain the servers...i dont mind paying a flat one time fee to play certain games online but if PSN went and told me to pay them every every month i'd probably say fuck it just like i did with microsoft....i already bought the internet connection let me enjoy your product to the fullest..\

DLC is made at the same time the game is made but not included possibly for disc size constrictions or just to get you coming back to buy more shit such as with assassins creed 2 memories 12-13...thought it was funny that i went from memory 11 and jumped to 14 and the game narration blamed it on file or data corruption but they retrieved the info once i bought it....

Nov 14, 2002
I still don't understand why people think gamestop should give you a ton of money for a used game and then sell it cheap.

If you have a problem with how much they give you then keep the fuckin' thing and shut up. It's idiotic to complain about getting money that you otherwise would never have seen.

Mar 16, 2005
I still don't understand why people think gamestop should give you a ton of money for a used game and then sell it cheap.

If you have a problem with how much they give you then keep the fuckin' thing and shut up. It's idiotic to complain about getting money that you otherwise would never have seen.
truth!

here in denver we have a local shop that beats gamestop in tradein value as well as selling price. shop around there are more places then gamestop unless you ive in a small town I guess.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
What I don't understand is how they milk you fools each year for sports titles. Unless they used a new engine and rebuilt the game from the ground up, I see no reason in charging $65 for Madden, etc, each year.

edited: I do understand it. It's a market for it, but if I were a fan of sports games I'd be upset about. Oh, btw, that new baseball game looks pretty good. I think it's called MLB SHOW o something?

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
yeah mlb the show 10 is dope the timing takes a while to get down if you got patience you should get it but i think you gotta buy a new copy of a sports game every year cause they stop updating rosters for older versions