Fuck Sony. Maybe I should just get an Xbox.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 9, 2007
My fuckin PS3 is ONE MONTH out of warranty and the fuckin blu-ray player died immediately after the latest system update.. so of course I call Sony and they want $150 to send me a refurbished machine...

Already checked online, doesn't look like there's any fixes for this shit aside from replacing the whole blu-ray drive.. and before you say it I already tried the sand trick, it didn't work...

Question is, does anybody know if others have had luck with getting them to replace it free of charge out of warranty?

Or am I better off just pickin up a 360 Arcade? at this point, I hate Microsoft but Sony has drove me off the deep end with this shit...

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
and before you say it I already tried the sand trick, it didn't work...
HAHAAAAAA

its like you knew WHY i was comin into this thread before i even came in here

xbox is pretty cheap right now and has good games but i dunno man

you gonna end up paying $1XX for the 360 and the another $X for xbox live

you might as well get your ps3 fixed and have the online already on it free

however you wanna do it though, which is the most cost effective way and which system do most of your friends own?

you dont wanna be the only one out of your boys who has a 360 and they all have a ps3 and now you cant play call of duty or street fighter with them

and when uncharted 2 comes out you might be feeling like 'fuck i should have just got the ps3 repaired'

Jan 14, 2006
there was a bug in the new firmware i guess that could mess up stuff on your ps3 if you use a ps2-ps3 controller adapter not to the extent of messing up the laser or whatever but it could freeze your ps3 so you had to restart it or mess up the controls on the gamepad and i heard it could even brick your ps3 if you had it plugged in while you were updating.

Jun 9, 2007
ahh.. I'm convinced it had somethin to do with it either way, cuz it was RIGHT AFTER it finished updating, I tried playing Midnight Club and got the error code of death

then again, Sony also knew how shitty the blu-ray they were using was when they made the fuckin things... 0.2% failure rate my ass... at least Xbox extended warranties for their shitty failures...

Oct 30, 2006
You act like X360 doesn't pull some shit like this. If you're really going to waste money on the shitty Xbox 360 Arcade without a HD, go for it.

I would recommend getting your PS3 fixed for 150 or at least getting a 360 core.

Nov 15, 2007
this is why i dont give a fuck when my ps3 dies, the mother fucker just chills and collects dust practically next to my 360...

the games and the online for 360>>>PS3

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I had my xbox for 2 months before I got the red rings of death, so I don't know why the fuck you'd think of switching to xbox like it's any better.

I think I will cop a wii for my son's birthday next month. "Happy Birthday! This stays at daddy's house!"

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
when the ps3 plays blu ray games, the blu ray drive is not constantly spinning the disc because of the way it streams some of the game off the hd or whatever

however when you are playing a blu ray movie the disc drive is constantly spinning so if you watch a lot of movies there is a possibility that you could be wearing out the disc drive

im not 100% sure on this though..

Jun 2, 2005
This guy i kno from work told me his ps3 went out as well right after the year warrenty and looked it up i guess theres alot of people having the same issue. he also told me buy bac or game stop cant remember which one , but they charge less then sony does its like 100-115 or sum shit he said.

Jun 9, 2007
This guy i kno from work told me his ps3 went out as well right after the year warrenty and looked it up i guess theres alot of people having the same issue. he also told me buy bac or game stop cant remember which one , but they charge less then sony does its like 100-115 or sum shit he said.
yep, it's happened to about 40% on my friends list too, it's definitely a common problem and what gets me is Sony was aware that the bluray they were putting in the ps3's early on was complete shit, yet they didn't extend warranties for these machines... now they're using higher quality bluray

and whoever said I just must be overusing it? wtf? I use my PS3 maybe a couple hours a day... I think I've played a total of 3 bluray movies on it, and actually I mainly have used it for PSN games not disc games, with a few exceptions... so no...

and even still, if I was giving it "regular" use, for $400 it should last more than 13 fucking months