FUCC LOWRIDER MAG. SUCKS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.geocities.com
I think the editing of the magazine sucks, I find so many misspelt words or things being called things I've never heard of... shit's just rediculous (SP) plus it seems like they're more into telling a story about lost nights then about the car, I think after my subscription is up I'm gonna go find me a better mag to read... I've never heard of any of these other mags stated though, so maybe I'll check those out.... but I've noticed a lot of "Sureno" support but I always think it's funny when they talk about bringing the raza together and such, wouldn't they want to support raza no matter what or is that a cop out?

SOLO

Sicc OG
May 23, 2002
ConnDemned said:
it seems like they're more into telling a story about lost nights then about the car

Explain what you mean by this. Lost nights?

I think after my subscription is up I'm gonna go find me a better mag to read... I've never heard of any of these other mags stated though, so maybe I'll check those out.... but I've noticed a lot of "Sureno" support but I always think it's funny when they talk about bringing the raza together and such, wouldn't they want to support raza no matter what or is that a cop out?
If Lowrider ever had a mission "to support raza no matter what," I never noticed it. Pages full of advertisements, content that exploits and demeans women as well as Mexico and its indigenous history, sponsorships by Budweiser (when alcoholism is such a problem that affects many in the community)...

I know some people gon' feel my words...and many won't...but I feel the magazine fails to live up to its responsibilities.

Apr 25, 2002
www.mexica-movement.org
I CANT BELIEVE HOW MUCH PEOPLE ARE MISINFORMED ABOUT THIS...LOWRIDER MAGAZINE HASNT BEEN CHICANO OWNED FOR THE LONGEST ALREADY,WHITE FOLKS OWN THE MAG NOW,THE SAME PEOPLE WHO PUT "HOT ROD MAGAZINE" OUT, BOUGHT THE RIGHTS TO THE MAGAZINE FROM THAT SELLOUT ALBERT.THATS WHY YOU SEE SO MUCH CHANGES IN THE MAGAZINE.HERE IN SOUTHERN CALI MOST OF ALL THE MAJOR CAR CLUBS BOYCOTTED LOWRIDER MAGAZINE BY NOT ATTENDING CAR SHOWS AND KEEPING THIER RIDES AT HOME.THE FUNNY THING IS THAT THE SELLOUT WHO OWNED THE MAGAZINE BEFORE STARTED ANOTHER MAGAZINE CALLED "BLVD MAG" AND TELLS PEOPLE TO SOPPORT A REAL CHICANO MAGAZINE AND TO BOYCOTT LOWRIDER MAG,AFTER HE MADE MILLIONS IN SELLING IT,IF HE HAD A PROBLEM WITH THEM HE SHOULDNT OF SOLD IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.FUCK HIM,NOW THAT HE MADE MILLIONS HE WANTS YOU TO TURN AROUND AND HELP HIM GET EVEN RICHER BUY BUYING HIS NEW MAG.DONT SOPPORT BLVD MAGAZINE,THAT FOOL GOT FAT RICH OVER THE YEARS AND NEVER GAVE A NICKEL BACK TO THE COMMUNTY.FUCK LOWRIDER MAGAZINE AND FUCK BLVDMAGIZINE TOO.

SOLO

Sicc OG
May 23, 2002
I see the above post was directed in part at my endorsement of BLVD...I was aware that BLVD was started by an ex-Lowrider staffer but I thought it was formed because he was splitting with LRM, not cuz he was finished pimping the title and needed another project. How disappointing. I was aware of the car clubs' boycott of LRM shows and I assumed BLVD was coming with a better alternative. Guess not.

:dead:

Apr 25, 2002
www.mexica-movement.org
I WAS DIRECTING THIS TO EVERYBODY,I DONT THINK TOO MANY PEOPLE HERE KNOW THAT LOWRIDER MAGAZINE HAS NEW OWNERS.THATS WHY YOU SEE ALL THOSE BULLSHIT ADS NOW AND BULLSHIT CARSHOWS WAY OUT IN NOWHERE LIKE NEBRASKA OR SOME SHIT,WITH SHITY RIDES.I HAVENT PICKED UP BLVD MAGAZINE,YOUR PROBABLY RIGHT THAT ITS COMING WITH A BETTER ALTERNATIVE,BUT FROM WHAT I READ ALBERT LOPEZ SOLD LRM FOR 5 MILLION,NOW HE WANTS YOU TO SOPPORT HIS NEW MAGAZINE..WHY TO MAKE HIM RICHER

SOLO

Sicc OG
May 23, 2002
You make a good point. The reason I thought BLVD made such a break with LRM was cuz the approaches to photography and editorial content seemed so different from LRM. The photography is cleaner, they use better angles and perspectives than LRM in my opinion. Also they have been covering lowriding in Mexico and Japan and have incorporated Spanish and Japanese content. So I figured it was a major break. From what you said, though, it's the same ol' moneymaking scheme.

May 16, 2002
I was a big supporter of LRM for nine years
and showed my vehicle proudly at their shows.

They always talked about the Latin Movement and always had they're shows flooded with people of all races.

BUT!!!! the shine got dull once the winners were anounced at these car shows...I had the bed dancing plus front back side to side three wheel motion, convertible, interior, chrome and gold D's, paint job, system (with the glass box...) alpine, fosgate etc etc...

I wound up losing to some cat's from down south with a straight stock paint job and a covertible...need I say more?

I would always loose to somebody from down south, shit I even lost to this one dude one time that had painted over some fuckin' dirt on his undercarage.

The last show I was at there was Loco 64 (from Salinas-Nor. Cal) and some other car from down south (I also met Ice T that day...), anyway: the end result was...yup, you guessed it: the other car from down south.

Both cars were nice but Steve Wonder could see Loco 64 was the winner that day.

I stopped buying their magazines and quit showing at their shows.

I could careless about north/south type of thing, but I got fed up with they're shit.

I support LRM No more! (since 95)

Nov 7, 2002
Impalas Car Club always shows at least 60 cars deep in Frisco and cleans house in the 60's category, but we never get any love from Lowrider Magazine. Could it be cuz we are from Northern California? Could it be that are Car Club color is Red? Kind of makes you curious when last year we took 6 or 7 trophies and not one pic in the magazine.

Aug 15, 2002
lowrider changed owners years ago thats why the mag doesnt have as many broads in it anymore...my ex girlfriend grew up around the original owners cuz they were friends of her family...they sold the mag to the current owners probably 10 years ago and over time the mag took a subtle change

Apr 25, 2002
www.geocities.com
I just got my new issue, and the editor looks mexican, and the same staff seems to be there from mid 90's issues I have... plus if you read the letters to the editor and shit you always hear folks talkin' about bringing "la raza" together and such.... but what I ment about lost nights, is when they go into details about how this car sat while they worked on a family and how they'd spend hours on end pushing a broom at some warehouse to save money... I get the magazine to learn about the cars not about the people that pay others to build them (most times it's "they sent the frame here.... and had this guy do this, and that guy do that) but I know they're "owned" by a publishing company that owns motor trend and such since they keep asking me to subscribe to those mag's also... I wasn't aware of Albert selling out and moving onto BLVD though, guess I'll just save my money on magazines about cars and read things on the net, seems to be cheaper and easier

Aug 6, 2002
To me BLVD just has better pictures that show more detail of the rides but it is hell of expensive. It also has to many ads. I thought everyone also knew that Lopez sold the mag, I heard that the new owners are based in Chicago.

And about the showing nothing but surenos shit. I dont feel it has to do where a magazine is located at cause Teen angels is based in Rialto and in the early issues the majority of pics and placas were from nortenos. Those were in the earlier issues and up untill like the mid 90's. now 99% is on some scrapa tip. My homies shipped out a grip of flickas of Nortenos in Fresno and not one got shown. I know a homie that has a grip of older Lowriders from the eighties and they have more ppl in them from Salinas and san jo than anywhere. does that mean that they had the best rides no not nessecarily its just that that is where they wanted to shine there light. cause most lowrider HAPPENINGS (thats what they called them back in the day not car shows) where going down. Cruising was big down south, but up north ppl from frisco to Tulare county would all meet up in one spot to have a lowrider happening. I know when I was a little morro I my jefe took me to one I have pictures of a Happening in Fresno at the Rodeing Park. You see those happenings got more attention back in the day than cruising, now the trailer queens get more attention than anythang. It just is where will the magazine get the most money if they shine their light.

Honestly I think it is because overall when Non-bangers think of "gang members" they think of a bald person with oversized changos or dickies and some locs. And teenangels will get more customers if they show what the overall nonbanger population, which is the ones with money and the majority, will buy. Honesty everyone knows that when nonbangers think of cholos they automatically think of a pelon from LA. plain and simple. Like there arent any cholos in San Francisco, San Jo, Decoto, Fresno, San Diego, Orange County, or any other varrios in California.

May 12, 2002
if remember correctly, the first issue of lowrider was based in the san jose and the northern cali area, and i am more than sure it was published in san jo, my cuz has the first issue, so ill get back to you

Feb 9, 2003
FC ENE said:

Honestly I think it is because overall when Non-bangers think of "gang members" they think of a bald person with oversized changos or dickies and some locs. And teenangels will get more customers if they show what the overall nonbanger population, which is the ones with money and the majority, will buy. Honesty everyone knows that when nonbangers think of cholos they automatically think of a pelon from LA. plain and simple. Like there arent any cholos in San Francisco, San Jo, Decoto, Fresno, San Diego, Orange County, or any other varrios in California.
I agree 100%.

Aug 20, 2003
young myzt said:
if remember correctly, the first issue of lowrider was based in the san jose and the northern cali area, and i am more than sure it was published in san jo, my cuz has the first issue, so ill get back to you
YOUR CORRECT LOWRIDER MAG WAS STARTED IN SAN JOSE BY SOME SAN JOSE STATE DROPOUTS AND LOWRIDEING DID NOT JUST START IN la COME ON MY POPS WAS IN A CAR CLUB CALLED THE SHIFTERS FROM GILROY IN THE LATE SIXTYS HE STILL HAS THE JACKET AND HIS 64 IMPALA SUPERSPORT.SOME OF YOU FOOLS CRACK ME UP THINKING YOU KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT EVERYTHING.AND JUST BECAUSE IM A NORTENO DONT TURN THIS INTO SOME RIVAL GANG SHIT.SOME OF YOU ON HERE ARE QUICK 2 STIR UP SHIT WHEN ITS NOT CALLED FOR.OH AND BY THE WAY I GOT A 65 IMPALA SS CREAM COLORED AND ITS SICK.