freeny tagged

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 18, 2006
MooreBlock ure delirious, do u work 4 the Titans?? Gotta love ur die hard spirit, however.....Freeney wants 2 play 4 a winner, thats how it is......money cant buy happiness, BOY, it feels good 2 be champs

Aug 9, 2006
haha ive allready read tons of articles that freeny NEVER wanted to be tagged......you my friend must be delierious thinking this is something freeny wanted? what NFL player in there right mind WOULD BE HAPPY THEY GOT TAGGED??? i didnt see you comment on your appending cap hell...with "your" i mean the team you must of jumped on after they won the superbowl.....lmao at you thinkin freeny wanted to be tagged....this isnt hocky you assclown

Apr 25, 2002
MooreBlock530 said:
what NFL player in there right mind WOULD BE HAPPY THEY GOT TAGGED???
What are you talking about? Getting tagged is a good thing unless you don't want to play for your team anymore, because it means you will be paid the average of the top 5 highest-paid players in your position. I know Julian Peterson wanted to be tagged by the Niners when they tagged his ass a few years back. It's not always about the player not wanting to play for his current team.. The reason for the tag is to help insure the player will be there the next season by making it ridiculously hard for another team to make him a better offer (since they'd have to give up 2 first rounders).. A lot of players just want there money, and getting franchise tagged will get them their money so they don't give a shit.

Aug 9, 2006
people that get tagged are usually the top five or close to em on there postion anyways....plus they dont get certain bonuses and shit they will usually get for signing for a longer term deal......the players assocation has tryed to get rid of the tag year after year.....so it must be a lot of players not liking this thing.......

there going to pull exaclty what they did to EJ....there going to keep on tagging them untill they are done with em.....which IMO is bullshit

Apr 25, 2002
MooreBlock530 said:
people that get tagged are usually the top five or close to em on there postion anyways....plus they dont get certain bonuses and shit they will usually get for signing for a longer term deal......the players assocation has tryed to get rid of the tag year after year.....so it must be a lot of players not liking this thing.......

there going to pull exaclty what they did to EJ....there going to keep on tagging them untill they are done with em.....which IMO is bullshit
Yeah I guess you're right.. But not all players who get tagged do not wish to be tagged. Julian Peterson, like I said, was happy to be tagged.. Many others have felt the same. My point is.. Not everyone hates the idea of being franchise tagged.

Mar 18, 2006
MooreBlock get a life, everyday I see this page uve started 8 threads on players that ur team cant get everyday and it will continue to be that way....the only thing ur team has goin 4 it is Vince Young.....as far as ur whinin 'bout me jumpin on the bandwagon, all my family is from Nap, so thats MY team, nice try with the bandwagon jump comment, typical loser commentary

Aug 9, 2006
do you watch football? or do you just wait till "your" team wins till you say something good about em....i checked threw most threads in this section and i dont see you saying NOTHING about the colts before there playoff run....and to say all we got is VY is actually quite retarted....being that the titans are in "your" divison you SHOULD (if you were an actual football fan) know that we got a lil more then just VY.....but nice try buddy....your not a true fan and if you have a problme with my threads then dont read em you dumb ass canadian like i said stick with your hocky and we will be just fine EH

May 2, 2002
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
Yeah I guess you're right.. But not all players who get tagged do not wish to be tagged. Julian Peterson, like I said, was happy to be tagged.. Many others have felt the same. My point is.. Not everyone hates the idea of being franchise tagged.
I think the reason why some players don't like being tagged is that if they get injured...the likelihood of getting a long term deal goes down the drain.

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
I had this debate with a friend last night.

Would you think that Freeney could be worth giving up two #1 picks to take him from the Colts?

I think he's that good. Certainly for a team that is maybe one or two good pieces from making a playoff run for the next few years and some decent cap room. Also considering the Colts probablly can't match much more than a second offer sheet from another team. Is he worth it?

Mar 16, 2005
techn9nehq said:
I had this debate with a friend last night.

Would you think that Freeney could be worth giving up two #1 picks to take him from the Colts?

I think he's that good. Certainly for a team that is maybe one or two good pieces from making a playoff run for the next few years and some decent cap room. Also considering the Colts probablly can't match much more than a second offer sheet from another team. Is he worth it?

depending on which team than yes.

Like say Broncos...they need a d-lineman BAD!!!!!! Not saying I want to give up the 2 #1 picks or anything but that would be a huge help for us.

But a team like Detroit...wouldn't matter.