Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Did you really just say the bay area has been innovating in the past decade and a half? lol No they tried changing once and it was called hyphy. It didn't last that long or work out that well and now you guys are stuck in some weird middle ground.
one more sound than nyc ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
that was hardly a different sound dude lol
If you don't think a lot of Dipsets music followed by Max B and them was a hardly a different sound you are either trolling or I really don't know what to tell you.

For what you said right after that which I don't feel like going back to quote I listened to more bay area and Memphis rap at that time so that point is moot.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
i mean, it definitely was but how long did that sound last post-dipset? who else did it besides dipset?
Until Max B got locked up, Stack Bundles died, and French Montana went major. There were quite a few people who did that style even if most were affiliated with Dipset in some way as most NYC rappers who were anyone at that time were.

So that said it means that style stretched the good part of a decade.

I mean really who outside of some underground heads in NYC even really do boom bap themselves anymore? Not even the rest of Beast Coast can really be considered straight up boom bap.