Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 21, 2016
1050 is wack, it won't even run mid range games at max now, imagine how shitty the card will be in 2-3 years. Spend an extra $100 on a 6GB 1060 and be good for the next 2-3 years.

also a 450w power supply will burn up with heavy use on a gaming rig, even with that weak 1050 card, why not pay the same for a 600w and not worry about it? lol

spend an extra $100-$150 and future proof, instead of being mediocre now with a shitty rig in 2 years.
My 750 ti has lasted years, runs everything. The 1050 ti is better.

When you have more than 1k to spend, yeah sure why not, but that money could be spent elsewhere for better gains.

Also, those cards are so based they don't require a molex plugging into the PSU, they just run off the MB lol. That is why you don't need a monster PSU.

Jun 21, 2016
When you got around 1.5-2k to play with, then you can start thinking about quiet and power builds.

Unless you got some dope headphones, I'd suggest building something good that is quiet.

Buying the right Case, CPU Cooler, VC Cooler(s) to an extent, Case fans & PSU goes a long way to reducing noise levels.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
My 750 ti has lasted years, runs everything. The 1050 ti is better.

When you have more than 1k to spend, yeah sure why not, but that money could be spent elsewhere for better gains.

Also, those cards are so based they don't require a molex plugging into the PSU, they just run off the MB lol. That is why you don't need a monster PSU.
Your goal with pc gaming isn't just to run it. Stick to a PS4 or Xbox1 if that's the case, cause a PS4 or Xbox1 is gonna run games better than a 1050 lol

What's the point if you just want to run it but it looks like total shit?

and what better gains would be get off of that $973 system by getting a shitty graphics card? It already has a good i7, 16gb of ram which is more than enough.

You're giving terrible advice man lol why push somebody towards mediocrity when for just $150 they're rig will be dope as fuck? If $150 is gonna stop you, then don't bother, cause you're just gonna get junk and still spend almost a grand. Stay on a console at that point.

Jun 21, 2016
Your goal with pc gaming isn't just to run it. Stick to a PS4 or Xbox1 if that's the case, cause a PS4 or Xbox1 is gonna run games better than a 1050 lol

What's the point if you just want to run it but it looks like total shit?

and what better gains would be get off of that $973 system by getting a shitty graphics card? It already has a good i7, 16gb of ram which is more than enough.

You're giving terrible advice man lol why push somebody towards mediocrity when for just $150 they're rig will be dope as fuck? If $150 is gonna stop you, then don't bother, cause you're just gonna get junk and still spend almost a grand. Stay on a console at that point.
Because he said 1k, your tower is 1k without everything else. Build that rig with a monitor, keyboard, mouse, soundcard (because onboard is for fags) and some speakers. Get that for $27 then I will say you are correct and I am wrong lol.

Jun 21, 2016
If I build for myself then fuck yes I want the best value and dope graphics, but for a budget is different.

I started building in 2004, that's 13 years I have built rigs for myself and others. If they give me a budget, I will build within the budget.

Jun 21, 2016
And the Case I gave him will last for 10 years, the cable management and dust filters alone make it worth the money. It can be kept clean for future upgrades. If he wants to save a bit more he can but the heavy parts like the monitor and case from a retailer and get them to price match.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Because he said 1k, your tower is 1k without everything else. Build that rig with a monitor, keyboard, mouse, soundcard (because onboard is for fags) and some speakers. Get that for $27 then I will say you are correct and I am wrong lol.
No fucking duh man lol hence why I said to spend a little more and future proof your shit

Even with your build you ain't getting a monitor, keyboard, mouse, soundcard, speakers etc. for under $1000.

My point is if you're willing to spend $1000 anyway, spend just a little more and not buy garbage.

The build you made is literally throwing money down a toilet bowl lol why the fuck spend $850 on something when the PS4 or Xbox1 he already has is better?

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I started building in 2004, that's 13 years I have built rigs for myself and others. If they give me a budget, I will build within the budget.
I hope you ain't just building people garbage without giving them the advice of "if you save a couple hundred more your system will be better for years longer" first. If you give them that advice and they still say "nah I'll take the mediocre garbage" then sure, but damn man lol why build mediocre bullshit when the barrier to entry for a dope rig is so small?

Jun 21, 2016
No fucking duh man lol hence why I said to spend a little more and future proof your shit

Even with your build you ain't getting a monitor, keyboard, mouse, soundcard, speakers etc. for under $1000.

My point is if you're willing to spend $1000 anyway, spend just a little more and not buy garbage.

The build you made is literally throwing money down a toilet bowl lol why the fuck spend $850 on something when the PS4 or Xbox1 he already has is better?
I hope you ain't just building people garbage without giving them the advice of "if you save a couple hundred more your system will be better for years longer" first. If you give them that advice and they still say "nah I'll take the mediocre garbage" then sure, but damn man lol why build mediocre bullshit when the barrier to entry for a dope rig is so small?
I don't encourage them either way, I explain to them that the more money they spend, the better the rig will be.

He said 1k, build that rig for 1k with everything and I will too THEN you can shit all over my build.

Until you build that rig for 1k..

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
This dude keeps talking about sound cards after saying to skimp on a graphics card lol

Also lol @ "buy a piece of dogshit computer that is mediocre now and will be useless in 2 years because of peripherals like a keyboard and mouse"

Go away man, you have no credibility in this discussion.

Jun 21, 2016
This dude keeps talking about sound cards after saying to skimp on a graphics card lol

Also lol @ "buy a piece of dogshit computer that is mediocre now and will be useless in 2 years because of peripherals like a keyboard and mouse"

Go away man, you have no credibility in this discussion.
Then prove me wrong, build a better system within his budget of 1k.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Then prove me wrong, build a better system within his budget of 1k.
For like the 18th fucking time I wouldn't suggest building shit for that budget of 1k. I would suggest "save a little bit more and build something that will last".

You're literally giving advise to him to flush $1000 down the toilet man lol

Look at the peripherals you just added to your build, that monitor, sound card, keyboard, and mouse are seriously garbage. Why the fuck would you give somebody advice to buy that shit? lol jesus man