Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Collection Agencies are the biggest faggots ever.

I still get bugged from an AT&T cell phone bill from 4 years ago that AT&T fucked me over on.

My 2 year contract was over so I cancelled, they charged me an early cancellation fee, I said "fuck you, my contract is up" they responded with "I'm sorry for that sir, we'll take care of that for you". Of course they didn't take care of it and still charged me a cancellation fee. Before I even knew I "owed" them anything they already sold it to a collection agency and of course the collection agency added their own fees to this bill. So I somehow magically owe like $550 on a $220 bill that should have never been charged to begin with and I didn't even know I owed to begin with.

I have no idea how this is legal.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Well good luck with them collecting a debt for unreturned equipment when i have proof i returned the equipment
If a collection agency owns the debt now it doesn't matter. That's the big controversy with collection agencies. They buy debt that a lot of the time isn't even legit debt and collection agencies can still put their debt on your credit report.

They get away with this because a lot of the time the debt you owe them is cheaper than fighting it in court so a lot of people will pay it just to get it taken off of their credit.

If you don't care about your credit report then fuck em and don't pay them.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Service:UPS GROUNDDelivered On: 04/22/2016 2:40 P.M. Delivered To: NEW CENTURY, KS, US Received By:p BROADWAYLeft At:Dock
Thank you for giving us this opportunity to serve you.
Sincerely,
UPS
Tracking results provided by UPS: 11/28/2016 10:46 A.M. ET

aHa! Fuck off @ centurylink, i sent your equipment back.

I called this debt collector and it was the same chick I talked to earlier. I gave her the tracking information she sounded all depressed like it was super ridiculously obvious she never expected me to find the receipt and tracking number and call back. She said "they were forwarding this information to CenturyLink so that they can correct the account and clear the collection" or some bullshit that didn't sound legit at all

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
Collection Agencies are the biggest faggots ever.

I still get bugged from an AT&T cell phone bill from 4 years ago that AT&T fucked me over on.

My 2 year contract was over so I cancelled, they charged me an early cancellation fee, I said "fuck you, my contract is up" they responded with "I'm sorry for that sir, we'll take care of that for you". Of course they didn't take care of it and still charged me a cancellation fee. Before I even knew I "owed" them anything they already sold it to a collection agency and of course the collection agency added their own fees to this bill. So I somehow magically owe like $550 on a $220 bill that should have never been charged to begin with and I didn't even know I owed to begin with.

I have no idea how this is legal.
fuckin gangsters, man. I don't know why there aren't mandatory classes in high school on how to manage money/credit and stuff. I've had some fucked up situations like that where I didn't pay shit off because I felt like it wasn't my fault and the shit bit me in the ass years later. It makes me so mad when I think about it