Four police officers killed in Wash. state

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 15, 2006
PARKLAND, Wash. - Four police officers were shot and killed Sunday morning as they sat in a coffee shop Sunday morning in what sheriff's officials described as an "ambush."

The officers were in the cafe at a strip mall in the Tacoma suburb of Lakewood with their laptop computers, preparing for their day shifts, when one or two gunmen walked in and opened fire, Pierce County Sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said.

"This was a targeted, selected ambush," Troyer said, adding that customers and baristas were in the Forza Coffee shop at the time but no one else was shot at or injured.

Authorities were searching for the gunmen, and nearby McChord Air Force Base was put on alert.

A $10,000 reward was being offered for information leading to those responsible.

Brad Carpenter, the founder of Forza Coffee, told NBC News that all his employees were accounted for. A retired police officer himself, Carpenter started Forza in 2002 and now has 21 stores, primarily in the Tacoma area.

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
It's gettin' duffy out here in Washington.

[SIZE=+2]Four police officers shot dead at coffee shop near Parkland[/SIZE]

The Pierce County Sheriff’s Department has reported that four police officers have been shot dead in an ambush at the Forza Coffee shop at 11401 on South Steele Street near Parkland Sunday morning.Pierce County Sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer could not say what agency the officers were from.

The officers were sitting in the coffee shop with their computers out when the shooter came in. The officers were targeted, and it was not a robbery, investigators believe.

Pierce County deputies are working at the scene with Tacoma Police, Lakewood Police and the Washington State Patrol.

"It looks like a flat-out ambush," Troyer said. "Some one came in and opened fire.

The baristas who were inside the shop are "stunned and shocked, traumatized," Troyer said.

A $10,000 reward has been offered for information in the killings. The amount is expected rise, Troyer said.

"The first one to call with information gets it," he said.

Dave Gabrielson, a clerk at the Foot Mart at 112th and Steel Street South,
about a block away from the coffee shop, arrived at work about 7:45 a.m.

All was quiet then and he opened the store as usual at 8 a.m.

Then about 30 minutes later, Gabrielson said, "All of a sudden a million cops were zooming up and down the road."

He said he saw officers bring a police dog into the Willow Park Apartments, where he has lived after recently moving to the area.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
you just don't randomly walk-in a open place and dump on a officer... at least one of those officers did something shady to cause this

I feel as sorry for there family... but there lives are no more valuable then the people they kill on the streets, and get no news attention.

Jul 12, 2002
Suspect description in multiple police shooting near Parkland

Police investigators have identified three of the four officers. All are from the local area. The fourth officer they are still trying to identify.

Law enforcements from all over the region have responded to the scene. King County Guardian One helicopter is in the area.

The Sheriff's Department is in the process of notifying next of kin and coworkers.

"We are having a lot of colleagues wake up to this news," Pierce County sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said.

The four officers were going over pre-shift paperwork when a man entered the coffee shop and opened fire with a handgun. The baristas and two customers inside were not injured.

The suspect fled on foot after the shooting.

The suspect is described a black male, 5'8 to 5'9 and in his 20s or 30s. He had scruffy facial hair with a black coat and blue jeans. He used a handgun.

There are possibly looking for another person and are searching multiple places, including residences and parking lot, Troyer said at a briefing.

There is no information on the motive for the deadly killing. There was no preexisting threat against the officers.

As of right now, there is no link to the Oct. 31 slaying of a Seattle police officer.

The Sheriff's Department is setting up a special tips line but for now, anyone with information is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 253-591-5959. There is a $10,000 reward.

Pierce County Prosecutor Mark Lindquist said he's following the developments in the slaying of the four officers.

"Our hearts go out to the families," he said. "One of our main concerns right now is we still have some crazy coldblooded killer or killers on the loose."

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/breaking/story/973636.html

May 2, 2002
PARKLAND, Wash. - Four police officers were shot and killed Sunday morning as they sat in a coffee shop Sunday morning in what sheriff's officials described as an "ambush."

The officers were in the cafe at a strip mall in the Tacoma suburb of Lakewood with their laptop computers, preparing for their day shifts, when one or two gunmen walked in and opened fire, Pierce County Sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said.
I might be a little off, but when I hear the term "ambush", I'm thinkin' 5 or more muthafuckaz.

Ghost Dance

America's Nightmare
Nov 1, 2007
Oak Park...916
I feel sorry for the officers families and hope they can thru this mentally coo.

But how I feel about cops is fuck um all...

They have been killing and brutalizing latinos/blacks and other minorities in streets from generations so its very hard for me to sympathize with their deaths.

Really I could give a fuck about um, just like they could give a fuck about my people and our families.

Its just the way it is, maybe if they feel loss like we have for years they might think twice about pullin that trigger or makin them decision that fuck our lives off and have us on bad ones.

Jul 12, 2002
I feel sorry for the officers families and hope they can thru this mentally coo.

But how I feel about cops is fuck um all...

They have been killing and brutalizing latinos/blacks and other minorities in streets from generations so its very hard for me to sympathize with their deaths.

Really I could give a fuck about um, just like they could give a fuck about my people and our families.

Its just the way it is, maybe if they feel loss like we have for years they might think twice about pullin that trigger or makin them decision that fuck our lives off and have us on bad ones.
Who is to say that these were dirty cops though? You're making a generalization that all cops do the things you described, which is definitely not true.