Follow Me Home 1st week sales

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 23, 2011
Strange did put billboards up all over Cali, it seemed like everyday there were tweets from fans in different cities in Cali saying that they couldn't believe they just saw a Jay Rock billboard.

Every move with this album was promoted. I mean they put him on a tour, he performed for 1000's and 1000's of fans every night for the last 61 nights, he met fans, shook hands, signed merch and got to directly market himself.

with all that and the promo i seen here in KC, i would say he got some good promo. and depending on how much money went into the project it may or may not be a bad score espeacially for an indie project.

if those are bad numbers to the lable its not cuz of promo or downloading its cuz people only buy wut they like these days and a street following doesnt always equal great sales nationally. i buy tech albums but truthfully i havent bought any other strang music projects since Kutts 2004 project.

ive heard a majority of the album and i knew of Jay Rock before the strange music deal but to me there was nothing special about his lyrics, voice, word play, metaphores or rhyme schemes...and all of those are important today in hip-hop to be successful, maybe a few will slip through the cracks who are average talent but those usually have a strong young audience or club scene following.

Gofer

Sicc OG
Sep 19, 2008
www.youtube.com
dude kendrick lamar is fuckin horrible. on I love music he was just annoying. In hood goin love it he totally didnt fit in and it just really showed that he doesnt know how to rap, ehh? two times? Then I there was thats wassup, definition of a shit rap. He rhymed baker with baker, then hater with hater. fuck kendrick fagar

J-Kay

Sicc OG
Jun 20, 2008
seriously. miles ahead of Jay Rock lyrically and he's still young.

Top 5 album so far this year.
I haven't heard it, so I can't comment, but top 5 this year is saying a lot. In no order

Cunninlynguists - Oneirology
Grieves - Together/Apart
Tech N9ne - All 6s and 7s
Blueprint - Adventures in Counter-Culture
Pharoahe Monch - W.A.R.

It's better than those? I could also throw KRS and Bumpy Knuckles album on there, Atmospheres, etc. I've never really looked into Kendrick Lamar much, but what I have heard hasn't impressed me all too much. Maybe you're right and maybe I should check it out, but I find it hard, based on what I have heard from him, to believe it would crack that list.

Mar 12, 2006
dude kendrick lamar is fuckin horrible. on I love music he was just annoying. In hood goin love it he totally didnt fit in and it just really showed that he doesnt know how to rap, ehh? two times? Then I there was thats wassup, definition of a shit rap. He rhymed baker with baker, then hater with hater. fuck kendrick fagar
You sound like an idiot since you admit you've only heard 2 tracks? Section 80 was sick, I don't know about top 5 of the year, but a very solid release. On top of that the album is filled with originality. Give this shit a listen, if you don't at least give Kendrick some respect then continue hating..

Section 80 http://www.mediafire.com/?cfeb4mubg1nn4h9

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
Tech N9ne - All 6s and 7s
Blueprint - Adventures in Counter-Culture
Pharoahe Monch - W.A.R.
that's my #4, #3 and #1 so far so no :D

I'd put Section.80 at #5 behind those (and Big KRIT if that counts).

I liked it better than the Lupe, Atmosphere, Bad Meets Evil and Kweli albums that were released this year too...and those ranges from good (Atmosphere) to excellent (Kweli).

Gofer

Sicc OG
Sep 19, 2008
www.youtube.com
Okay so apparently a lot of people are saying as a solo artist he's dope, so Ill check him out. But can anybody disagree with me that his verses on techs shit and jay rocks shit are pure shit?