Follow Me Home 1st week sales

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 20, 2006
speaking geographically on sum turf to turf politics............

How is a Kansas City nigga gonna put a "real" L.A. cat "ON".... hmmmmmm

might get that shit off with a fading northern Cali artist, but L.A. is a whole nother monster, that aint gonna get behind nothin that aint 100% Cali....

Aug 23, 2002
not suprised at all.

It gets my download for free approval.
Shut up faggot. You got one of the worst albums of all time in your sig.

Well he didn't have any "hit" song on this, this was like 2 years after the peak of his hype, and his style of gangsta rap generally doesn't move units in today's market. Coupled that with a lot less promo than lynch got and it's to be expected really.
Props. This cd was good, but everyone knows this cd should have came out when Jay Rock was ryding the hype, and the Lil wayne feature was getting him play.

Lynch's album was not even up to par with this cd. They promo'd the shit out of Lynch's cd and he can't even rhyme anymore. He sounds hammered on every song.

Sep 30, 2002
Not to be a whistle blower, but I don't think Jay got a fair amount of promotion.
Not to disagree with you guys again but......

Strange did put billboards up all over Cali, it seemed like everyday there were tweets from fans in different cities in Cali saying that they couldn't believe they just saw a Jay Rock billboard.

Every move with this album was promoted. I mean they put him on a tour, he performed for 1000's and 1000's of fans every night for the last 61 nights, he met fans, shook hands, signed merch and got to directly market himself.

He hosted MTV's sucka free, had a NY listening party.

Jay Rock is a smart dude. Selling 5K first week and probably getting more opportunities because industry cats will hear this album and ask for features Is definitely better than a label dumping a million to a million five into promo, radio and TV to get you that buzz and then charge it back to the artist later so he can go Young Buck and file for bankruptcy when the reality hits that artists just don't sell as much these days.

Not really sure how much getting street team promo out a week or two earlier would make. Also the people in this forum have known about the album forever, I bought it, how many people in here did? That isn't a knock for not buying it if you didn't just a small example of what might have happened. The last comment in his album thread on here was on the date of release which means that there must not have been too many people from here that went and bought the album on the release date because everyone commented after the leak but no one did after the actual release.

Oct 17, 2009
Plus this shit had a lil "too" much gangsta to it. Songs like Code Red, bout that, no joke, I'm thuggin, life's a gamble, etc. Basically most of the album didn't help the sales. Not trying to knock that type of music cause I like that type of stuff, but it's all soft, techo shit now that's pushing records.

Dec 25, 2003
Yep!! Thats the harsh reality now!! The truth of the matter is Gangsta rap is dead!! Especially the reel g-sh!t!! Its doesnt sell no more nor itll get anyone further to success til they go techno pop... Mobb sh!t & G-Funk is largely irrelevant now for the new generation but I still buy em, bump em, & support em everything from Blocstar to Apt.3/DNA but to the rest of the audience it doesnt appeal to them nor it wasnt even intended for the average weak-minds after all so the Eminem, Jay-Z, Kanye, Kid Cudi, Wiz Khalifa, Lil Wayne & Waka Flocka & the rest of that industry shit that is for them now not Lynch, X-Raided, C-Way, Killa Tay & The Mob Figaz... The times have changed no ones buyin the hardcore sh!t anymore... Thank goodness I aint a part of that crowd tho Im like sum of ya, in the old school when rap went hardcore in the turn of the 90s...

Feb 26, 2008
Part of it was that they focused on 6's and 7's until early June, though I did see TONS of stuff about Jay Rock's record coming from Tech's own Facebook page.

I wonder how much that's a Strange Music issue or a TDE issue. Kendrick Lamar managed to sell the EXACT same amount of SEction 80 and it was an iTunes-only release.

Will be interesting to see how things unfold.
WOWWWW...are you serious about those Kendrick Lamar numbers? That actually says a lot.