finally watched the wrestler this weekend and...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 16, 2005
I dont get the hype!!!!

It was an ok movie at best to me. The wrestling portions were not that great, the whole interactions of him and marisa tomei were very bland. The best acting was done by even rachel wood, and that was what less than 10 minutes of acting for her.

I liked the premise and was really excited to finally see the movie, but as it kept going on I just felt like....really...that was the movie?

Out of 10 stars I would give it about 6.5 7, but nothing near the hype it got.

Maybe I missed something, if you loved the movie please share why.

Jun 9, 2007
I liked it. Then again I like all of Aronofsky's work, and I like Mickey Rourke as an actor, so...

I think it's one of if not Rourke's best acting performance.

I don't think it's Aronofsky's best film, tho.. If I had to rate them it'd go

Requiem for a Dream > The Wrestler = Pi > The Fountain

Oct 3, 2006
The movie wasnt all that for me, but mostly because I'm friends with wrestlers on TV and that shit is really how it is. Nothing glamourous.
thats cool u meet em when they in the same town where you do your shows at? who else are u friends with?

Mar 16, 2005
The ending confused the hell out of me. Did he die?
i took it that he died, but since I took it that way I didnt like it because they could have went further and showed alot of people at a wake or something showing how he misinterpretted that he had noone in life.

and if it was meant to be he lived well ok did he get with marisa tomei, did he tell his daughter or leave her alone like she said???

maybe it was the ending that threw it off for me now that I write this.