FIFA: USA Vs ITALY

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 4, 2002
Jozy didn't have his best game. but he is our next star of the team. he's not horrible. once he starts getting regular time at Villarreal next year... watch out. hes doing all this while not even gettin regular time at his club. oh yeah and the kid is 19.

Apr 25, 2002
i'm watching it right now dude. what minute was that in? dempsey knocked over two italians in the box on a corner where can i find a dramatic freeze frame that exagerrates the severity of the incident??? lol

altidore will never get playing time at villareal is rossi keeps playing like this.

dali

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2006
Us played alright, but they still suck overall all and will never win a WC ever. Your best player, Donovan, couldn't even make it at Bayern Munich. One of the coaches even said he wouldn't let the guy play for their amateur team. I hope we play them in the WC and kick their asses like always. Also:
Mexico > USA (in terms of Football)

Sep 4, 2002
Us played alright, but they still suck overall all and will never win a WC ever. Your best player, Donovan, couldn't even make it at Bayern Munich. One of the coaches even said he wouldn't let the guy play for their amateur team. I hope we play them in the WC and kick their asses like always. Also:
Mexico > USA (in terms of Football)
first of all. find me a qoute where the coach said that.

2nd Donovan was trying to break in with Klose and toni already established there with the team. and donovan is still under contract with the Galaxy till then end of this year

Actually we beat you in confederations cup a while ago. and the only reason you guys beat us in WC in 2002 was a missed hand ball in the box. you guys are lucky.

and I think EVERYONE knows. Mexico is NOT better then USA

Sep 4, 2002
Even Gattuso admitted Clark’s action probably didn’t deserve an ejection. His teammate Giuseppe Rossi, who subbed on in the second half before scoring two goals for the Italians, was more certain in his opinion, though he was on the sidelines at the time.

“Truthfully, I don’t think it was a red card,” the Italian-American said. “It was more of a yellow card. But that’s how soccer is.”

dali

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2006
first of all. find me a qoute where the coach said that.
http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/289/469842/text/

"und dem Hinweis, dass der einzige Klinsmann-Personalwunsch der nach Landon Donovan gewesen sei. Und über den würde Hermann Gerland sagen, dass der nicht mal bei ihm in der zweiten Mannschaft spielen würde."

I couldn't find an article in English. You will have to take my word for it, learn German, or find someone to translate it for you. Either way, i am not trying to talk shit. Donovon, your best player by far, is only average at best on a world wide scale. Bayern Munich did have the option to buy him off LA, but they passed, because the guy does not belong in a top tier team in Europe.

Actually we beat you in confederations cup a while ago. and the only reason you guys beat us in WC in 2002 was a missed hand ball in the box. you guys are lucky.
You're right. You beat us at the Confed Cup in 99, but nobody gives a shit about the Confed Cup anyways. We played the US 8 times, you won 2 of those games, which both were games without any significant meaning. Germany won 6 games against the US, 2 being during the WC. You really don't wanna go there. We could start comparing World cup wins, pull out the current Fifa World ranking, or general win/lose statistics and the US would still be nowhere close to Germany. Not now, not tomorrow, and not in 30 years.

and I think EVERYONE knows. Mexico is NOT better then USA
I agree that the US might have the slightly better team right now, but the Qualifying stage is not over yet. I hope both make it to the WC. However when it comes to statistics Mexico is the better team, for they beat the US 28 times, whereas the US only won 15 games against them. Mexico actually has a quite solid reputation in Europe. You can't say the same thing about the US (in terms of football, that is). Still, im not trying to talk shit, but you always seem to get over excited whenever the WC is coming up, or the US luckily beats some above average team in a match of no relevance. There is so much sports potential in your country, but it will never really show, let alone pay off, as long as Football is only No. 5, and the MLS becomes at least decent.

Apr 25, 2002
The last line in that quote is what you have to pay attention to: Thats how soccer is.

It may not be right but bad calls happen all the time. Soccer is a traditional game, the rules aren't going to change, there will never be instant replay.

If it was the other way around and Italy had a man sent off, you wouldn't object. Anyways the US wouldn't have won even it was 9 vs. 11 in their favor, lol

Sep 4, 2002
If it was the other way around and Italy had a man sent off, you wouldn't object. Anyways the US wouldn't have won even it was 9 vs. 11 in their favor, lol
they woulda won if it was 11v11 yesterday...

you guys are some god damn haters... when us does good its they get lucky. when they loose its oh man US soccer doesn't matter they are garbage. give some fuckin props

Sep 4, 2002
"I think because they created problems for us with they played, the tension tended to grow. But then in the end, we managed to get the ball and get more into the game. They were well organized and made it quite difficult for us, especially their number five player (Oguchi Onyewu) and 17 (Jozy Altidore), who caused us lots of problems. When their player was sent off, it was not that easy because they are a very strong team, Yes, we won, but it was not easy."
at least Italy's coach gave some love

Apr 25, 2002
LMAO they would have won if it was 11 vs 11? Why because they were up 1-0? Dude I respect you 100% for riding for your team like you do, I mean that. But come on.... not in this lifetime will you see USA beat Italy. They might pull off a draw once and again, maybe even beat a 2nd tier Italy side one day, but in a Confed Cup that Italy is trying to win they will never ever win.

And LMAO @ Lippi calling them out by their numbers b/c he doesn't know their names that is classic

Jun 23, 2002
I thought this piece from soccerblog.com was pretty good

Bob Bradley, its been great coasting along in the CONCACAF on decaf but for the big leagues you need something stronger.
Unfortunately, this is what happens when you play in a region that creates a set of inflated expectations akin to playing the grandiosely named World Series. The US baseball team always gets found out in the World Baseball Classic just like the US team today against Italy.
One thing must be clear if we are to make meaningful progress.
There is no place for the Greg Lalas woe is us attitude. Those are just a grab bag of ill advised victimizations.
If only, but only if Ricardo Clark was on the pitch. See it happened last time too with Pablo Mastroeni and Eddie Pope, otherwise we would have won. We never catch a break. The big teams always get away with it. If it was Gattuso who had fouled, he would have been let off with a warning.
At the same time, we also proudly say, we were the only team to go undefeated against Italy. Which is it? And if we are saying that everything goes swimmingly for teams like Italy, spare a thought for Cristian Zaccardo who gave us the gift of an own goal that allows us that pride. The game is full of ups and downs.The Italians also had Calciopoli and Gianluca Pessotto's attempted suicide to deal with. They managed to pull through to win the World Cup.
We can say that it took an American of Italian heritage to sink us. But Giuseppe Rossi is part of the game's delicious ironies. Argentina's 6-1 historic lambasting to a Bolivian team was sparked by Marcelo Martins and Alex Da Rosa, two players with Argentinian roots.
It is noteworthy that Ricardo Clark, Pablo Mastroeni, and Eddie Pope who received red cards have spent their careers in the MLS. This might be a coincidence but it could suggest the league is on the average less disciplined or that players are ill prepared to deal with the pace of these international matches. These are structural issues Bob Bradley needs to deal with and come up with solutions.
Lets put it this way. We rarely get to play quality opposition and when we get beaten, it leads to the same sort of hand wringing. The Confederation Cup is a good way to find out where we actually are. 2002 was an aberration and from some of the reactions, still induces a hangover.

Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/289/469842/text/

"und dem Hinweis, dass der einzige Klinsmann-Personalwunsch der nach Landon Donovan gewesen sei. Und über den würde Hermann Gerland sagen, dass der nicht mal bei ihm in der zweiten Mannschaft spielen würde."

I couldn't find an article in English. You will have to take my word for it, learn German, or find someone to translate it for you. Either way, i am not trying to talk shit. Donovon, your best player by far, is only average at best on a world wide scale. Bayern Munich did have the option to buy him off LA, but they passed, because the guy does not belong in a top tier team in Europe.

You're right. You beat us at the Confed Cup in 99, but nobody gives a shit about the Confed Cup anyways. We played the US 8 times, you won 2 of those games, which both were games without any significant meaning. Germany won 6 games against the US, 2 being during the WC. You really don't wanna go there. We could start comparing World cup wins, pull out the current Fifa World ranking, or general win/lose statistics and the US would still be nowhere close to Germany. Not now, not tomorrow, and not in 30 years.

I agree that the US might have the slightly better team right now, but the Qualifying stage is not over yet. I hope both make it to the WC. However when it comes to statistics Mexico is the better team, for they beat the US 28 times, whereas the US only won 15 games against them. Mexico actually has a quite solid reputation in Europe. You can't say the same thing about the US (in terms of football, that is). Still, im not trying to talk shit, but you always seem to get over excited whenever the WC is coming up, or the US luckily beats some above average team in a match of no relevance. There is so much sports potential in your country, but it will never really show, let alone pay off, as long as Football is only No. 5, and the MLS becomes at least decent.
I agree with most of this, the U.S has so much damn potential there are so many damn good players that don't get scouted its not even funny. Some don't have there green card and can't play for Universities and are never discovered. If there was no restrictions and soccer was a #1 sport here we would be raping. Right now U.S soccer isn't were it should be.