Favorite DE Song?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 27, 2006
Mr The DE said:
I am definitely learnin from this. Please keep it comin...

"Woman Cop" you a foo fer dat!
D.E. if you're paying attention, I gotta say. If you can make another song that sounds like "There That Man," I'm all over that. To me, that's just the shit. It's a song you can listen to all day, all night. It just flows. It has a beat that just doesn't seem to repeat itself. It's a tight ass song, bro.

Jan 4, 2006
David O said:
Just wondering what everyone's favorite First Degree song is. I would narrow it down to either There That Man or Based on I'm Rilla.

Anyone else care to comment? DE, I'd love to hear your opinion on this too.

Did you notice how the last part of There That man is from Based on I'm Rilla. The "mr tha D.E Southside sac" part its starts from 2:50 on there that man and if you want go check it out, it starts at 33 seconds on based on im rilla. I heard There That man first and i always wondered if that last part was a whole track cause i like that beat. When i got Fahrenhiet Underbelly it was complete.

Mar 27, 2006
Got a couple more for ya DE. Can't Close My Eyes from the Leavin' the Life compilation is the shit. I love the chorus, and the "wo whoa wo whoa wo wo, whoa wo wo" if you get what I'm talking about. I also dig your verse on Redemption from the same CD, but the rest of the verses are weak, especially Marvaless's. Her verse is like 3 hours long and it's shitty from beginning to end. That song seems to be a perfect fit for you style and voice DE. You shoulda done that one solo.

Aug 5, 2002
Favorite DE of all time, that's definatley a tough one.....................

Asian Princess from Instumania Level A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That beat never gets old, I often find myself somewhere near the moon with a nice golden wrap blankie and that beat................outro

Jan 4, 2006
Hello once again, I was wondering D.E, How long ago did you make that track with D-money called Just touch down. That is some pure class gangsta shit in my opinion. Please make more like that style. You know what i mean, basslines and beats that make your head move involuntary with the sounds in the background. like the way the music was on loaded. Thick,chunky basslines with higher sounds in the background. It compliments the sweet minty green.
Here is the link to the people that wanna hear it .The Track is called Jst Touch Down ft First Degree. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=70184914

Mar 17, 2006
David O said:
Got a couple more for ya DE. Can't Close My Eyes from the Leavin' the Life compilation is the shit. I love the chorus, and the "wo whoa wo whoa wo wo, whoa wo wo" if you get what I'm talking about. I also dig your verse on Redemption from the same CD, but the rest of the verses are weak, especially Marvaless's. Her verse is like 3 hours long and it's shitty from beginning to end. That song seems to be a perfect fit for you style and voice DE. You shoulda done that one solo.
yeah thats my shit too sleepin on that one the FU album, " whoa wo wow wo ill munipulate the women ill take they mind" and the lift me higher song

Apr 21, 2003
DE all time favorite shit has got to be " THE HAMMER" the beat is intoxicating, I lost my DAMN THAT DE CD, I needs to picks that back up, oh and I just ordered street monster just came today I'm gonna get fucked up and meditate on that shit. DE you cames just in time

Jun 26, 2006
Gardena, CA
I like 'Gangstas in Red and Black', the music in that shit is hard as fuck and the samples in it too, it's a trippy, soothing beat, eerie also with that tweaky sound effect, I get a weird feeling of accomplishment when I hear that song, like I conquered something, but it ain't my fav. Too hard to choose. I been bumpin' that shit lately though!

Mar 7, 2004
war on j, PAB,link in the chain and after that almost every de song follows.love ur shit dude.i cant belive the world sleeps on ur shit like they do cause you got so much talent even for main streem.

Dec 3, 2005
Damn...that's hard to say which song is my favorite from D.E. but here go my top 3 at the moment...
1...I AM NOT WELCOME HERE.
2...Link in the chain.
3...Simple Simon.

May 8, 2002
www.fahrenheitrecords.com
Ive learned from this thread. What stands out the most is that every album I do a song where I dont care who likes it. I make it weird and for myself. These are songs like "I Am Not Welcome Here, RoboDE, etc. It turns out your guys like those songs. Weird.

On Street Monster The Rise And Fall Of First Degree The DE there is a weird song called "Thats Why They Hate You:. It fits this catagory.

Keep um comin.

Mar 27, 2006
Mr The DE said:
Ive learned from this thread. What stands out the most is that every album I do a song where I dont care who likes it. I make it weird and for myself. These are songs like "I Am Not Welcome Here, RoboDE, etc. It turns out your guys like those songs. Weird.

On Street Monster The Rise And Fall Of First Degree The DE there is a weird song called "Thats Why They Hate You:. It fits this catagory.

Keep um comin.
Somebody beat me to mentioning "I Am Not Welcome Here." That's a song that I feel shows how diverse your talent is and I feel it on so many levels.

kendo

Sicc OG
Jul 9, 2005
Mr The DE said:

one of my favorite songs on Street Monster for sure.., good shit D.E.

Jan 4, 2006
I feel that song called About You from Planet Zero. In my opinion its like an anthem. Dont get me wrong but thats the kind of song that gives me musical satisfaction. To me, it creates a priceless atmosphere that only music is capable of.